Enter The Snow Wolf... Simple Newb questions... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
hmm seems limiting, like it will make it really difficult to find batteries which would be a deterrent. is buying the charger on amazon ok? XTAR VC4 Charger for Lithium-ion and Ni-MH Batteries - - Amazon.com
The charger is fine on Amazon. I bought mine on eBay. And my Snow Wolf, come to that, as it was the best price I could find for it. No, just the batteries. Those are not good to buy except from a trusted supplier. I don't think you'll find it too limiting, really. For instance the Samsung 25R batteries, which would have been my second choice-- I would have suggested them if the SW were not over 100 watts-- are more widely available. But I'd still recommend you buy batteries from somebody whom you know you can get authentic.

Reactions: SomeTexan

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
hmm seems limiting, like it will make it really difficult to find batteries which would be a deterrent. is buying the charger on amazon ok? XTAR VC4 Charger for Lithium-ion and Ni-MH Batteries - - Amazon.com
There are a lot of fakes running around. It's best to stick with a good known source. The same batteries are popular with high end flashlight and lazer pointer enthusiasts, although they can safely get away with a substandard battery. For the most part anyways.

That's a good charger. I'm using a LUC V4 I got from the same site I recomended for batteries. The chargers aren't faked as much as the batteries.

R2sojr

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2015
Natrona Heights PA
It only holds 1 1850 though. I have it and it last me a full day one 1 battery. I never go above 50 watts and never intend to go higher burn my throat out..lol so its perfect for me. Plus side it TC so you can do nickle builds and it fits nicely in the hand. Be careful with whatever device you chose as when it comes to ohm laws w batterys requirements and stuff it can get dangerous if your not VERY careful.

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
The charger is fine on Amazon. I bought mine on eBay. And my Snow Wolf, come to that, as it was the best price I could find for it. No, just the batteries. Those are not good to buy except from a trusted supplier. I don't think you'll find it too limiting, really. For instance the Samsung 25R batteries, which would have been my second choice-- I would have suggested them if the SW were not over 100 watts-- are more widely available. But I'd still recommend you buy batteries from somebody whom you know you can get authentic.

in that case why don't I go for the samsung r's being that I don't plan on going over 100 watts very often?

also if you keep your unit on 40watts most of the time, why don't you see that as a waste of power? thanks again

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
hmm one more thing to complicate my decision process... lol j/k thanks its good to know theres another option out there.

Anyone else have an opinion on this mod?
The Siggie 75? I don't have one, and it's brand new so there's not a lot of conversation about it yet. However, Sig is an old-line company with a very good rep; I'd buy it without question. The SW is alleged to use the same TC chip as the Sig 75-- nobody really knows AFAIK-- and I also have a SX Mini S which I know uses the same chip, and it is excellent. AsMODus, who makes the Snow Wolf, is affiliated with Sig somehow, they do all Sig's warranty work here in the states. It's a viable option to the SW. It is, however, a 1-battery mod, of lower power. That might affect you much; I already told you I don't get anywhere near the top of the SW's power. But as you first observed, the SW is a very nice mod; well put together and it looks like it's gonna last a long time. But then, so woould the Sig (probably) :)

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
There are a lot of fakes running around. It's best to stick with a good known source. The same batteries are popular with high end flashlight and lazer pointer enthusiasts, although they can safely get away with a substandard battery. For the most part anyways.

That's a good charger. I'm using a LUC V4 I got from the same site I recomended for batteries. The chargers aren't faked as much as the batteries.

hmm i see, explains alot. thanks

r2sojr thanks for the recommendation

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
The Siggie 75? I don't have one, and it's brand new so there's not a lot of conversation about it yet. However, Sig is an old-line company with a very good rep; I'd buy it without question. The SW is alleged to use the same TC chip as the Sig 75-- nobody really knows AFAIK-- and I also have a SX Mini S which I know uses the same chip, and it is excellent. AsMODus, who makes the Snow Wolf, is affiliated with Sig somehow, they do all Sig's warranty work here in the states. It's a viable option to the SW. It is, however, a 1-battery mod, of lower power. That might affect you much; I already told you I don't get anywhere near the top of the SW's power. But as you first observed, the SW is a very nice mod; well put together and it looks like it's gonna last a long time. But then, so woould the Sig (probably) :)

DECISIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: suprtrkr

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
in that case why don't I go for the samsung r's being that I don't plan on going over 100 watts very often?

also if you keep your unit on 40watts most of the time, why don't you see that as a waste of power? thanks again
You maek the call. You asked for a recommendation, and you have heard it. The mod is capable of big power, and I believe safety dictates the batteries match it. You may feel differently and if so, you'll hear no argument from me. The Sammy 25Rs are fine batteries. The VTC4s have a thicker safety margin. As for why I don't see it as a waste of power... I dunno, it's nice to know it's in there if I want it? Kinda like driving a Corvette to the grocery store. I'm not likely to go 100mph. But if some punk kid at a stoplight gives me lip, I might teach him a lesson on the way home :) We just talked about the Sig 75. The Sammy 25Rs would be perfect in that. I just like VTC4s in regulated mods over 100 watts.

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
You maek the call. You asked for a recommendation, and you have heard it. The mod is capable of big power, and I believe safety dictates the batteries match it. You may feel differently and if so, you'll hear no argument from me. The Sammy 25Rs are fine batteries. The VTC4s have a thicker safety margin. As for why I don't see it as a waste of power... I dunno, it's nice to know it's in there if I want it? Kinda like driving a Corvette to the grocery store. I'm not likely to go 100mph. But if some punk kid at a stoplight gives me lip, I might teach him a lesson on the way home :) We just talked about the Sig 75. The Sammy 25Rs would be perfect in that. I just like VTC4s in regulated mods over 100 watts.

excellent recommendations

you sir... i think you just made the winning argument as to why I should get the snow wolf...

p.s.

would you trust this supplier?
Sony 18650 VTC4 Battery Genuine & Tested - Flat Top-Wholesale Pricing – Liion Wholesale Batteries

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Sweet, Tex! You did the work?
Some. I'm building a full chassis for it so I can launch it a little better. Ladder bars and 1000hp can be a handful. The 3000hp build is still waiting for some parts.

I got it as a retired race car. Got her cleaned up and spreading the fear on the streets with a big block on spray. I've been getting it swapped to a turbo LQ4 to play with until the chassis is done. Then the all billit turbo LS based build on methanol will go in. Still needs some bodywork, but I could have her ready to drive in a good day of work.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Some. I'm building a full chassis for it so I can launch it a little better. Ladder bars and 1000hp can be a handful. The 3000hp build is still waiting for some parts.

I got it as a retired race car. Got her cleaned up and spreading the fear on the streets with a big block on spray. I've been getting it swapped to a turbo LQ4 to play with until the chassis is done. Then the all billit turbo LS based build on methanol will go in. Still needs some bodywork, but I could have her ready to drive in a good day of work.
She's beautiful, even partly finished. Far more car than I want, however. :)

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
She's beautiful, even partly finished. Far more car than I want, however. :)
Thank you. She is a 30 footer. When the cage was installed, they cut holes in the roof to weld the top of the tubes and didn't patch it well. A little rust in the tail panel too. I'm fixing that up, cleaning up the rear wheel wells a little then repainting. May stay white, may go dark blue or dark grey, don't know yet.

The LS engines with a turbo are cool. Turn the boost down a little and they are nice street cruisers. When you want to play, crank it up.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Wanna play?

Warriors.... Come out and Playay...

69camaro.jpg

There's no making that street legal. It's a tube frame drag car with a fiberglass body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread