Enter The Snow Wolf... Simple Newb questions... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
You maek the call. You asked for a recommendation, and you have heard it. The mod is capable of big power, and I believe safety dictates the batteries match it. You may feel differently and if so, you'll hear no argument from me. The Sammy 25Rs are fine batteries. The VTC4s have a thicker safety margin. As for why I don't see it as a waste of power... I dunno, it's nice to know it's in there if I want it? Kinda like driving a Corvette to the grocery store. I'm not likely to go 100mph. But if some punk kid at a stoplight gives me lip, I might teach him a lesson on the way home :) We just talked about the Sig 75. The Sammy 25Rs would be perfect in that. I just like VTC4s in regulated mods over 100 watts.

So much of this. I have the sig 150. I typically use it for my subtank mini, and run it at 30w. I don't see it as a waste, though. If I ever want to whip out my mutation, plop in my VTC4s, and ramp it all the way up to 150w, i just do it.

I am the same way with my R6. It is a crotchrocket that can go around 160mph. Rarely ever do I do anything close to that, but it is always fun for when some jackhole in a riced out civic thinks he has something fast. Let them keep up with you for the first few seconds, and then finally just open the throttle all the way and rip away from them. Even if said civic driver isnt around, it can be fun for a backroad or a wide open stretch.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Won't run it on anything but a prepped drag strip. When you're putting that much hp to the ground one little patch of dirt, oil, or water and it's all over.

It looks like this without the body...

2958537670_b42d7d5f86.jpg

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Won't run it on anything but a prepped drag strip. When you're putting that much hp to the ground one little patch of dirt, oil, or water and it's all over.

Without the body...

2958537670_b42d7d5f86.jpg
I got bored with the track. No prep means you really have to drive the car. I've wadded a few cars up, but I've had a lot of fun.

Speedy_R6, bikes are fun too.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
No prep with an 8 second 1/4 mile car is a quick trip to the hospital. There's just no way to do it safely, especially on public roads.

When I was 17, I was running a 66 Nova that turned 7.2's consistently. She was a blast on the street. At 19 I was running a 67 Chevy SWB that was in the mid 6's in the 1/4 on a 740ci blown big block. Drove her on the street too. May not have been the safest thing to do, but it was fun.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I recently made a post about contemplating buying the Cool Fire IV. The Snow Wolf is my other option.

I'm new in the game and I know its ill-advised for beginners but I'm a quick learner and the mod appeals to me. I like the power but I also like the craftsmanship. It seems well built, like it would last me a long time.

I have had problems with malfunctioning hardware beginning with the mvp 2.0 losing power to my ego one being an overheating, hot air spewing, piece of elephant dung.

I have some simple questions to help me decide whether to get the CF4 or the snow wolf and how I may even handle the latter.

1. what tank can I use with the snow wolf that can handle its power (or at least a decent amount of it)? I liked the kanger subtank mini but the coil on that thing says max 30w so that idea is dead in the water.

2. batteries. I should obviously get rechargeable 18650's no?

3. Volts. how do I know how many volts to use and when?

thats all told you they were simple. i may however add on later in the thread

any other advice, links, etc. are greatly appreciated my ecf brethren!

1: that's more about the coil than the tank, but basically there's for example the atlantis, subtank, starre, and others.

2: yes. obviously. IMR; they are typically over 2000 mAh nowadays. Look for the 20 amp ones minimum

3: start low and move up gradually.
Sometime you find everything works fine at a certain voltage, but if you start chain vaping you need to reduce because the wicking can't keep up.

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
Some. I'm building a full chassis for it so I can launch it a little better. Ladder bars and 1000hp can be a handful. The 3000hp build is still waiting for some parts.

I got it as a retired race car. Got her cleaned up and spreading the fear on the streets with a big block on spray. I've been getting it swapped to a turbo LQ4 to play with until the chassis is done. Then the all billit turbo LS based build on methanol will go in. Still needs some bodywork, but I could have her ready to drive in a good day of work.

WOW - that is extremely impressive lol sh*t is ill

Reactions: SomeTexan

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
1: that's more about the coil than the tank, but basically there's for example the atlantis, subtank, starre, and others.

2: yes. obviously. IMR; they are typically over 2000 mAh nowadays. Look for the 20 amp ones minimum

3: start low and move up gradually.
Sometime you find everything works fine at a certain voltage, but if you start chain vaping you need to reduce because the wicking can't keep up.

chances are i will chain vape, talking 20 pulls every 30 mins or so so thanks

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
I have mine set at 40 watts and 425 degrees. As per the usual advice, start low and work up until you get the vape you want. I't sure to vary with the tank and juice, anyway.

I was thinking of starting mine off at 70 watts. Do you think that would eat up the battery power too quickly? I would want the battery life to allow for a days worth of vaping.

maybe 40 is enough, i just want thick clouds and not to be inhaling burnt air, as per your suggestion i guess i'll just have to test it and see

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I was thinking of starting mine off at 70 watts. Do you think that would eat up the battery power too quickly? I would want the battery life to allow for a days worth of vaping.

maybe 40 is enough, i just want thick clouds and not to be inhaling burnt air, as per your suggestion i guess i'll just have to test it and see
Start at the max your coil is rated at or less. It really depends on what tank/coil you are running. If you are running it in temp control mode with the appropriate coil, your temp setting will control the temp of the vapor more than the watts will. The watt setting will just be the max used to get to the temp you select.

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
oh no, most wicking will keep up with that.

by chain vaping I mean more like 5 vapes a minute for a few minutes

in that case I def chain vape...

I find it very difficult to leave a gap of time of a minute between every pull - if thats what is suggested. At the same time, I am working on allowing more time between pulls.

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
Start at the max your coil is rated at or less. It really depends on what tank/coil you are running. If you are running it in temp control mode with the appropriate coil, your temp setting will control the temp of the vapor more than the watts will. The watt setting will just be the max used to get to the temp you select.

will be running smok tct tank

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
will be running smok tct tank
I set mine at 70 watts. I worked my way up from 40 because it seemed to stay at 40 watts too much trying to get to temp. I don't like a very warm vape, and 70/440 works for me. Of course, start low and work up to what you like. How fast you draw makes a difference.

Oh yea, I chain vape like crazy sometimes and have no problems with this tank keeping up. It has some decent sized juice holes in the coils.

DarkVapes

Moved On
Jul 30, 2015
I set mine at 70 watts. I worked my way up from 40 because it seemed to stay at 40 watts too much trying to get to temp. I don't like a very warm vape, and 70/440 works for me. Of course, start low and work up to what you like. How fast you draw makes a difference.

Oh yea, I chain vape like crazy sometimes and have no problems with this tank keeping up. It has some decent sized juice holes in the coils.

thanks. seems logical.

thats reassuring about the chain vaping but by tank do you mean mod or are you saying you have the smok tct?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

I don't think so. It's going to take X watts to get up to temp no matter how quickly they are applied. I leave it at 40 because I have no noticeable lag for vapor and have seen no need to change it. I don't know about days on a charge. I get a couple days, but I don't carry it around with me, I only vape it at home. But that's the beauty part about replaceable batteries. Just pop in a fresh pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread