Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I’ve had one for a couple of months and there are some strong positives, the most significant for me being the shape. It fits my hand perfectly – and I mean perfectly! Perfect curves, perfect fire button location, and the non-slip finish (which has held up very well) adds to the ergonomics. Nice screen layout and clarity. No button rattle and nice tactile feedback. The recessed “cup” 510 looks great with 22mm attys (the pic is with a 22mm Vector), and you can easily replace it with the included flat top for larger attys.

However, there are enough downsides for me to give it just a ‘meh’ rating. The battery door hinge is a pain – it does not open wide enough to get the second battery out unless I really tug on it. Since the hinge itself feels weakly made, that’s concerning every time I swap batteries. My flat top adapter was improperly threaded. I did get a replacement but it took 4+ weeks and a few emails to get Envii to take care of it.

Initial performance was not good at all since there was a significant firing delay. That was fixed with a firmware update. But, at the time, to get the firmware update you had to know about it and ask Envii for it, and they would only send it via a FB message. You would think a company would readily announce and make available updates. I think since then they have made it a little easier to get the update but the process is still poorly managed compared with other brands.

Even with the firmware update TC performance has been less than impressive. It’s horrible with Ni – way overshoots the set temp. It’s better with Ti and SS, but still significantly lags the performance of most other boards. Although much of my vaping is normally in TC mode, this is a mod I only use in wattage mode given its TC performance.

I like the boost feature in wattage mode – nicely done. I don’t like how, when the batteries are low, it cuts the power without displaying a message. I’m fine with a power cut if the batteries can’t handle what is asked of them, but I want a message to be displayed when that happens (such as the Evolv “weak battery”) to let me know that’s going on.

Sorry to be so negative – don’t mean to dampen your anticipation of your new mod. I know some people really like theirs. But for me it’s only been a so-so value for the price paid (I think it ran me about $80 from ecig-city).
ENV.jpg

Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
@hazozita , thanks for the input. Sounds like you got a defective unit, that happens sometimes. I have a defective Ocular-C that exhibits very similar behaviors in TC mode and like you only run it in Power Mode.
I am a little concerned about the battery door issue, hopefully they have it fixed on later releases.
I am very concerned if firmware updates are only available through FB. I don't FB and never will.
I hadn't noticed the the 510 deck was recessed. So I have to screw on an adapter to make the 510 deck flat to run larger than 22mm attys? Adding more electrical connections is never helpful for TC accuracy.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
@hazozita , thanks for the input. Sounds like you got a defective unit, that happens sometimes. I have a defective Ocular-C that exhibits very similar behaviors in TC mode and like you only run it in Power Mode.
I am a little concerned about the battery door issue, hopefully they have it fixed on later releases.
I am very concerned if firmware updates are only available through FB. I don't FB and never will.
I hadn't noticed the the 510 deck was recessed. So I have to screw on an adapter to make the 510 deck flat to run larger than 22mm attys? Adding more electrical connections is never helpful for TC accuracy.

It's not a bad design, but there is an extra connection with the flat top. The pic shows the mod with nothing attached. The 510 pin you see in the mod is spring loaded. You either use the 22mm cup top (which allows the atty to connect to the 510 pin in the mod directly) or remove it and use the flat top. The flat top adds one minor extra connection since it has a fixed pin that, in turn, contacts the pin in the mod. On the plus side, the pin in the flat top is sealed, so if you have a leaky atty, you minimize the risk of getting juice into the mod.

I think (but am not sure) that you no longer need to get the firmware via a FB message. You can't download it directly from the site but rather have to "order" it and get it delivered via email. I want to emphasize that I have only received my update via FB, so I'm just guessing as to the new method based on what I see on the Envii site at this link: Loch Ness Firmware Update

ENV2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread