Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
No herbs here...

I'll let ya know when I build it... I might rewick, first... just to go through all the steps...

However, thinking hard... can you hear the gears grinding?... this might not be a tank suited to NET as you're not supposed to dry-burn the coils... I suppose they could be gently removed, flamed, and reinstalled, but...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Carb cleaner works great for removing carbon......:blink:

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Alrighty, then... this IS an RTA. It ain't an easy to use RTA, but it can be rebuilt without using prepackaged coils.

I used a 3 mm mandrel, 26 AWG NiChrome 80, and made 8 as-close-to-identical-as-I-could 10 wrap spaced coils. Using tweezers, I tucked them into their slots... this took a little jiggling, but they fit and the resistance kept getting lower as each coil was installed. My calculator says, the build would come in at .12 Ohms, and the mod agrees.

This time, I filled it - well, not filled as I was a bit unsure of my wicking... took a whole pad - with Mello Buddha Nirvana. The flavor is very good with the air wide open... it's a very good vape. That said, I have a rough time wrapping my head around vaping at 170 - 220 Watts all day long. Sure, I have the gear to do it, but still...

All told - and remember that this was a first attempt - it took less than 45 minutes (I was watching an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine on Netflix :) )
ac5ac51823ece09d35ff9afb2f21e3ad.jpg

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Alrighty, then... this IS an RTA. It ain't an easy to use RTA, but it can be rebuilt without using prepackaged coils.

I used a 3 mm mandrel, 26 AWG NiChrome 80, and made 8 as-close-to-identical-as-I-could 10 wrap spaced coils. Using tweezers, I tucked them into their slots... this took a little jiggling, but they fit and the resistance kept getting lower as each coil was installed. My calculator says, the build would come in at .12 Ohms, and the mod agrees.

This time, I filled it - well, not filled as I was a bit unsure of my wicking... took a whole pad - with Mello Buddha Nirvana. The flavor is very good with the air wide open... it's a very good vape. That said, I have a rough time wrapping my head around vaping at 170 - 220 Watts all day long. Sure, I have the gear to do it, but still...

All told - and remember that this was a first attempt - it took less than 45 minutes (I was watching an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine on Netflix :) )
ac5ac51823ece09d35ff9afb2f21e3ad.jpg

Oh wow, great job Shawn. 45min isn't too bad for eight wicked coils installed. Probably be faster next time. Glad you're enjoying it.:thumb:

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread