Status
Not open for further replies.

stardust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
San Jose
What I did to mine:

1) elevated the negative post with an o-ring - will fire constantly due to bottom of battery (using panny cgr) touching the hex screw
2) swapped out the floating center pin with a brass screw - prefer adjustable over floating
3) shorten the throw by inserting an o-ring

is the constant firing just because of the cgr or because of the size of the 18650?

still gotta buy batteries and if the cgr gets in the way, i might go opt for 18490 or 18650 aw imrs

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
What I did to mine:

1) elevated the negative post with an o-ring - will fire constantly due to bottom of battery (using panny cgr) touching the hex screw
2) swapped out the floating center pin with a brass screw - prefer adjustable over floating
3) shorten the throw by inserting an o-ring

1) I sanded some off one side of the hex nut and made sure it faces the top, better job
2) added a different floating center pin with a spring so I can have it totally scrwed together in 18350 mode with no battery rattle and always good contact for the atty
3) I also shortened the throw with a o ring
:)
NF1lNU.jpg

Last edited:

stardust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
San Jose
1) I sanded some off one side of the hex nut and made sure it faces the top, better job
2) added a different floating center pin with a spring so I can have it totally scrwed together in 18350 mode with no battery rattle and always good contact for the atty
NF1lNU.jpg

ahh cant wait to hold mine..
what do you mean by shorten the throw? can you explain?
how long do you last using 18350 mode

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
is the constant firing just because of the cgr or because of the size of the 18650?

still gotta buy batteries and if the cgr gets in the way, i might go opt for 18490 or 18650 aw imrs

It's because there's isn't any shrink wrap on the negative end of panny cgr, so it's completely exposed.

1.jpg

You can elevate the negative post simply by twisting it, but I inserted an o-ring due to safety concerns. Don't think this will be an issue with AW and other pannys, still it's something to consider when choosing which battery to use.

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
NF1lNU.jpg

Nice, did you solder the spring to the center pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread