equipment suggestions for a semi-newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito77

Jan 10, 2016
i had vaped a few years back but had a bad reaction to pg. I decided to give it another go. I plan on buying a ego twist mini vv but i'm not sure what tank would work best. i remember bottom coils were better for 100% VG but I wonder if some newer stuff came out. can anyone recommend a good compact tank (rebuildable or not) that would work with the vv twist and where i can buy one from a reputable seller.

and what would be a good place to buy 100% vg liquids. i use to buy from ecblends but i always had to thin it because it was too thick.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Bottom-Coil-Clearomizers have become the STANDARD for most vapers of today. :)

I recommend you give a LOW PG or NO PG ratio juice a go... What were the reaction symptoms? Was it a true alergic reaction, or was this a case of PG giving you serious issues, like burning throat, but without anaphylaxis? If it was reaction(s) without serious allergic reaction, you may want to give a LOW PG juice a shot. (especially if you are dead-set on using clearomizers of any time) I highly recommend you avoid ANY top-fed clearomizer, if you MUST use clearomizers.

however I truly think you should give a different style of vaping a go... Let me ask you; Were you at all acquainted-with DRIPPING atomizers on yer last go-around? If you had serious PG alergic reactions, and 100% VG is where u want to-be... I would like to have you seriously consider dripping as a route of vaporization. After-all, a rebuildable dripping atomizer (RDA) can be found for as-cheap as $5 these days... & even if you have NO INTENTIONS on learning how-to rebuild or recoil a RDA (short for rebuildable dripper) buying a brand-new RDA is CHEAP!! $5 is nothing for you, right? (well, relatively... I mean, it's cheap, right?) You can also find pre-wrapped wicks for RDAs these days, & putting those new wicks into the RDAs is just-as-simple as screwing a new coil-head into a clearomizer.

So, what I am getting-at is this: You might want-to consider an RDA in-addition-to buying a clearomizer or two, right? Because RDAs are BUILT for 100% VG. Something built for 100% VG is going to perform a-lot better than something built for use with juice that is more PG than VG, (clearomizers) right? Are you at-all ready to consider using a rebuildable atty? EVEN IF you DONT have-to rebuild it?? I can find you the pre-wrapped-around-a-wick coils.. I can find you $5 RDAs. & I can promise you that those $5 RDAs will perform 100x better than a BCC.

However, BCCs HAVE come a-looong way, and they perform much better today. You may be just fine with a BCC with 100% VG (or HIGH VG) e-liquids. Maybe... IDK. It's really up-to you but I would recommend the Kanger-T3, or Evod clearomizers, they're a great bet. (trust me)

:) There are also Rebuildable TANK atomizers, which you can use those pre-wicked, pre-wrapped coils for use with RDAs/RBAs in just-as-easily! Sooo, you may want to have a look at todays RBT's as-well. I would recommend the Kanger Subtank Mini as a great first rebuildable tank atomizer. You can find coil heads that have larger wicking holes for 100% pure VG juice, for the K-Subtank-Mini. So, this may-be your best option for a "CLEAROMIZER" stylized TANK! You can either use the aftermarket heads, OR, the tank kit COMES with rebuild-platform... So, if you DO get into rebuilding, there is a RBA head in the box, for rebuilding to YOUR personalized likes, YOUR specifications.... :)

If you need ANY more help than this, ask in this thread. OR- Feel FREE to private message me right here on the forums. I have no issue helping out anybody who's taken time away from vaping & come-back to realize everything has changed. I was in your shoes just 2 weeks before X-mas... But I've slowly caught up, and you're going to catch-up too, even if it takes a few days or a little while longer. (After-all, I don't work, so it didn't take me as long as it may take sum1 else)

If you need ANYMORE help, please ask here and/or PM me bro!
& ALWAYS always ALWAYS... ENJOY the vape journey, my friend...

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I just recommended a friend to HoosierEcig.com as they've always been a pretty dern trustworthy company in my vendor stockpile. They've got the Evod clearo-tanks & replacement heads there. They've also got some pretty alluring eGo style kits, at good prices. You should give a look for the "V3 Kgo1300" kits. The batteries in this kit are tiny (short) AND slim (a combination that you don't see.... ever!) in an eGo stylized battery. Short AND thin-as an eGo? Doesn't make much sense, but they figured it out! The batteries ARE unregulated, meaning they begin at 4.2v and drain to 3.2 (or they drain-to around-there) and that isn't such a bad thing, assuming you're okay with using 1.5 ohm clearomizer coils. The vape will be smoooth as a mechanical, and it should-be enjoyable from full-charge to charge-me! considering a 1.5 ohm coil will pull plenty of watts from 4.2 to the charge alert. && along-with the tiny package, is color-options to boot! If your girl wants a new kit, they DO have pink my friend. (1 reason I recommended em) She's gonna love em (the girl I recommended this kit to, prior to seeing your post) & you would too.

1300mah should last you quite a while. Should give ya right-around 11-12 hours constant vape time. (per KGO battery, per charge) meaning that the 2 battery kit would be good for a full day's vaping then some! Yep- You'd have to switch to yer 2nd batt around dinner, pop the morning batt on the charge, & vape to your hearts content until bedtime. Then that 2nd batt should last ya till around lunch. Hell, sounds like you've already got a pair of eGo batts, so you'd be alll set- Never without one, right? && they come-with evod tanks. You could grab a 5pk of evod coils and be set for a few months on tanks n coils. Hoosier has some good pricing on juice too, & they've got some popular/modern flavors- including gummybear, sweet-tarts, all kinds of fruits, and bakery flavors too. Everything in 1 spot, 1 s&h charge.

Although I really would rather see you move to a mod, this kit calls out 2 me as a great starter kit. Of-course, I'd much-rather see someone in your situation making to switch to something like the new CoolFireIV+ or the CoolFireIV, which is at a great price right now, for a really great + STURDY + mod!! Highly recommended by many, here on ECF. Of-course the IPVD2 & D3 are gr8 choices as-well. I don't think you'd go-wrong with either of these. The IPV4S is one the reviewers seem to enjoy, though they DISLIKE the plastic sleeve, it's VERY wonky! (idk, i personally wouldn't recommend it) I highly recommend VaporBeast, and MyVaporStore as two American Shops for at-least browsing to FIND a mod that interests you. (you don't have-to purchase from these two sites, but they have a very solid selection 90% of the time) Another line of APV's that've caught my eye is the Tesla series. The Tesla Sidewinder is an eGo sized "mod" of sorts, it's packing 2000mAh, and it's a tube-mod. (comfortable for ya?) The TeslaTWO is a GORGEOUS box-mod, 100w capable, and made to last. There's the 60w TC Teslabox as-well... & finally last but not least, they've got their 200w Teslabox & NANO100w competitors as-well. (I'd recommend the TeslaTwo & the Nano out of the above selection) All interesting choices. The Sigelei MiniBook doesn't get enough luff around & about here, but those that have em, love em! Sigelei also has their Sigelei 75w Box in the runnings, and it's built like a SS-fridge! Nice mod... The Kanger NEbox is something really special, though I personally want to see if they come-out with a version2 some-point mid this year.... If you like it now, I'd suggest you grab it NOW, as it's an amazing mod. (It really is) I mean, if u can get-past the irremovable-tank, the fact you must-use kanger-coils or their RBA platform for the NEbox tank, if you don't mind the plastic body and tank, if you don't-mind the coin-slot battery door and tank opening, & if you don't-mind Kangers wattage step-down issues in Temperature Control mode, at high wattages.. Well then, this is the STEALTHY little mod for YOU! EVERYBODY is grabbing-up either the RX200 or the DNA200 versions of the Joye/Wismec Reuleaux Mod. It's got THREE 18650 battery capacity & 200 available watts!!! (crazy for BOTH stats!) Some consider it the only SAFE 200w box mod (with it's 3 batteries, making it much safer than x2 200w's) and it's got a good following, solid body, great software, it's upgradable, and erry1 loves it. & if you're willing to pay more, the SnowWolf & the many DNA devices have a large following. (which come in many different wattage limits, body styling, screen dimensions, and sizes) If I'm not mistaken, the hOHM-Wrecker mods come with limited LIFETIME warranty/guarantee. & you can't go wrong with THAT, now can you? The PROVAPE company, always a contender for a great HIGH-QUALITY, yet budget-busting... mods... They've got their original 2.5 tubemod on-sale for $75 right now (a steal, considering the original price & the QUALITY of that mod!!!) - (I would highly recommend the 2.5 as your next mod, if you'd be willing to consider it) & their new RADIUS is on "sale" for just $250, if I remember-right... Surely a ridiculously tough mod. & Provape does come with 1yr replacement/fix warranty, and limited lifetime guarantee. You can also send any Provape model in for paid-repair at any time within your lifetime, which is a nice bonus. SOME DNA-board mods have this type of warranty/guarantee, but most mods are ya break it, ya lose it.

Those are my top choices (and the communities) and they're basically the most-popular mods of today. It's taken me quite a while to figure-out what every1's talking about, what every1's buying, and what everyone's enjoying - once bought - and the above list is a sure-fire way to enjoy your vaping sessions, my friend... This took me bout... ohhhhh, bout' an hour to type. Hopefully you utilize it, lol ;) I like to think I help-out those looking/asking for help, when I can. lol. I mean, my hobby isn't really vaping, so-much as it is helping out those looking to vape. (if that makes any sense to you, lol) So I hope I've helped you to make some decisions, to narrow-down your list... Enjoy the search my friend.

incognito77

Jan 10, 2016
wow, thanks everyone for the feedback. i was able to quit for 4 months before on ecigs but i had a bad acne reaction to it so i quit and went back to smoking. the area around my mouth was dry which made me break out and my entire face got real oily and i thought it was a reaction to the liquids and vapor. after researching it abit more i'm hoping it was the quit zits and i'm going to try and push through this phase if it occurs again with the help of a dermatologist visit. i also plan on starting a detox by drinking water mixed with a little apple cider vinegar and some running to push out the toxins. i was vaping alot so i'll try and control it abit more this time around. it no doubt helped me quit, I just couldn't take the side effects. i was just going to get a small single setup and see how it goes in case things go bad.

pbxbelmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2014
Buried in books
If you're thinking iStick I'd recommend you get the 30w kit. Very simple to use variable voltage/wattage with just up and down buttons. Charges with a mini usb and the battery doesn't take long to fully charge and lasts all day. Then you could get away from the evods and try a mini nautilus tank...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread