ERA - easy rebuildable atomzier

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ERA inspired me to torch finish a lot of things, and in the learning process, have to strip them and get them back to normal, and try again. A little scotchbrite goes a long way - i use a lathe for mine, but a guy I know through another forum does his by hand - and makes stripes on them (torched, brushed, torched) all by hand, with 800 grit sandpaper.

On the ERA note - does anyone know if the ERA v2 BF works on the REO Grand? My ERA v2 top feed won't thread on due to a slightly too big diameter.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I think the insulation in the 510 connection would melt too. And I can't think of a way to remove it in a way that it could be put back in :(

Yeah, you are probably right. Way back I was into putting wraps on some of my cartos/attys. But it became too much hassle. (although what I used did make it through several boilings)

Now, with the SS RBAs, and enough of them, just torch to get the best color for Woods and metal colors. I'll say, for the kazillionth time, I do love the anodized, colored Hornets on anodized REOs.

I haven't checked FB yet, but last I checked no answer from Mel about the size of the ERA 2.0. If they are larger maybe he's going for the tube mod crowd, with the huge phallic billy club monstrosities. Okay..... I have a Buzz Pro, one of the lighter tubes, and an Infinity Pro, and a VMax, and a Robust Rider, and a micro GLV, and a Don, but these are not Billy Clubs or GIANT flashlights. (Oh, and, missing Roughstack I got to carry in woods so I wouldn't lose it if I lost it, instead of a REO.)

How in the world do people go about their daily routines with such monster PVs?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? Do they move around much??!!??

Feisty Alice

{edit} I had one of the first, most beautiful GGxx, (I forget) and several tanks, and a beautiful black Provari......... I traded them for REOs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
the ERA inspired me to torch finish a lot of things, and in the learning process, have to strip them and get them back to normal, and try again. A little scotchbrite goes a long way - i use a lathe for mine, but a guy I know through another forum does his by hand - and makes stripes on them (torched, brushed, torched) all by hand, with 800 grit sandpaper.

On the ERA note - does anyone know if the ERA v2 BF works on the REO Grand? My ERA v2 top feed won't thread on due to a slightly too big diameter.

asked this ? on their FB page but no response yet:(

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Yeah, you are probably right. Way back I was into putting wraps on some of my cartos/attys. But it became too much hassle. (although what I used did make it through several boilings)

Now, with the SS RBAs, and enough of them, just torch to get the best color for Woods and metal colors. I'll say, for the kazillionth time, I do love the anodized, colored Hornets on anodized REOs.

I haven't checked FB yet, but last I checked no answer from Mel about the size of the ERA 2.0. If they are larger maybe he's going for the tube mod crowd, with the huge phallic billy club monstrosities. Okay..... I have a Buzz Pro, one of the lighter tubes, and an Infinity Pro, and a VMax, and a Robust Rider, and a micro GLV, and a Don, but these are not Billy Clubs or GIANT flashlights. (Oh, and, missing Roughstack I got to carry in woods so I wouldn't lose it if I lost it, instead of a REO.)

How in the world do people go about their daily routines with such monster PVs?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? Do they move around much??!!??

Feisty Alice

{edit} I had one of the first, most beautiful GGxx, (I forget) and several tanks, and a beautiful black Provari......... I traded them for REOs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more, phallic issue aside (and as a guy, it's a pretty big issue ;)), I've had a couple tubes, (a couple GGTS's and a Provari), but if you're on the go, a tube mod is a serious pain, my one and only double barrel Zmax stands on my desk (or more like lays on my desk because I've invariably knocked it over)...my two "beat to crap" Grands and my Bogger standard are constant companions...console of truck, briefcase...back pocket. Could never get used to carrying a Maglight around with me, to each his/her own I guess

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona

So I just spoke with Mel who USED to work for Budz Works. He said the the V2 was not made with the Reo in mind and not for the US market he also said to stay away from it because they have had LOTS of problems with it and LOTS of unhappy customers locally FWIW:)

Well, I love my ERA v2, but what I love most is the dual airhole - so I just made my hornet one, 170° apart (i messed up my calibration) with a 1.3mm diameter hole by the coil and a 1.0mm hole on the far side. The v2 has some flaws (threaded base doesn't line up right, requires extra o-ring), and as with almost all pinoy attys i've used, the stock air holes are still too small. I'll be getting a SS ERA v1.5 or another SS Hornet, and trying a dual 1mm, which is what I've brought the ERA v2 to

. Fit and finish are good, i have no issues with the ERA v2 myself. Glad to finally here some information on this atty - i got it because it was unavailable in the US and I couldn't find information on it.

Thank you so much for digging up that information!

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Well, I love my ERA v2, but what I love most is the dual airhole - so I just made my hornet one, 170° apart (i messed up my calibration) with a 1.3mm diameter hole by the coil and a 1.0mm hole on the far side. The v2 has some flaws (threaded base doesn't line up right, requires extra o-ring), and as with almost all pinoy attys i've used, the stock air holes are still too small. I'll be getting a SS ERA v1.5 or another SS Hornet, and trying a dual 1mm, which is what I've brought the ERA v2 to

. Fit and finish are good, i have no issues with the ERA v2 myself. Glad to finally here some information on this atty - i got it because it was unavailable in the US and I couldn't find information on it.

Thank you so much for digging up that information!

no problem my pleasure :blush:

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Now how am I supposed to watch a youttube video without an eight minute over-done intro and an 80 BPM song track drowning out the narrator???

I know :facepalm:...I'll do a "Club Dubstep Remix" of this vid next week...just thought I'd get the one that some may find helpful out of the way first...

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Thanks for the the great YT vid Quigsworth.

Ordered some Aunt Lydia's. :)

What size where those 2 drill bits ?

You know what, I never did mic them...I seriously just took a round toothpick I had in the console of my truck (they where the good mint ones from my local pub) into a Harbour Freight and matched it up...I think I paid $4 for 2 bits, they've never drilled a hole...it's not a super accurate thing, it's more the shape...and the fact that it's 28 awg, really, it's all I use now...I think my record is 11 re-wicks on one coil before it finally popped on me...and seeing as I bought 250' of 28 and 3 skeens of Aunt Lydia's I think I'm good for a bit :p

Last edited by a moderator:

muriarte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2011
Monterrey, MX / McAllen, TX
Curious if anyone would happen to have the screw size for the Era's wouldn't mind grabbing some spares and thinking of switching to Phillips head from the Allen key. They weren't available when I ordered and I can probably get locally.

Thx

There you go:
ERA Parts

7/16 -9/16 #13 o-ring

McMaster-Carr

7122A12 Inch Hex L-Key Standard, .035" Hex, 1-5/16" Length $.23 each

NEW INFO 9/25/2012

The ERA. O-Ring size is 1 x 10. From the ERA Team

This is McMaster's part number: McMaster-Carr 9262K104

92029A087 Metric Type 316 SS Cup Point Set Screw M2 Size, 4mm Long, .4mm Pitch, packs of 10

94017A101 Metric Cheese Head Phillips Machine Screw 18-8 SS, M2 Size, 4mm Length, .4mm Pitch, packs of 50 6.72 pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread