Status
Not open for further replies.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
That's cool. I probably got a pack of lemons or something. I also didn't have a whole lotta patience for them either.
I was using them with the eCa thing that was made to fit with the old eVic. Coulda been the big plastic tank in that
thing too though, I was never sure. It was a brief pit-stop that I took before learning to build my own Kanger heads.

What I'd like to see is someone like joyetech take the design of the Aspire BVC heads and work them into "new" cartomizers.
I guess I was hoping these eRoll doo-dads might use something like that. I don't mean to trash something that's working great
for someone else. :)

I get months out of those "heinous little spike-style atomizers" though.:)

MisterStick

Jan 24, 2010
Pa
Sometimes you need to hold the air holes in the middle of an eRoll for a couple seconds to prime the atomizer, and it hits as good as anything else I've used in almost 5 years. I've used a lot of devices, and this is my favorite! I just keep the wick clean by hitting it with a butane pencil torch, and I dry burn the atty every couple of weeks. I always have at least 4 eRolls in circulation while my fiance gets by on 2.

Also, Joyetech told me that the eRoll Mega PCC will be available as an accessory to the new design in about 2 weeks.

Bungoleracing

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I want one but, then what am I going to do with the 3 eroll PCC's I'm using now? :?:
Use them while the 3x is charging...
More stuff.

I'm still not finding any specs on their website.

You only have 3??!

They're just back ups for your back ups!
........ Aren't they?

Since when is more too much.......

Vaping since Jan 2014...... Australia.

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
What were you hoping they would change?

Well the eroll is very old. I was hoping for:

- more vapor
- different attys, ones that dont get clogged up as much
- thanks that can hold more juice..
- more realistic looking
- lighter
- soft tip

All we get is cosmetic changes? (besides the 3 ppc kit which is handy I admit)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I watched Phil Busardo's review of the E-roll and it looks like a neat little cig-a-like for those times when you need a stealthy vape. It won't give 18650 or even 18350 mods a run for their money, but it wasn't designed for that. It's a major improvement over the Joye 510's I started on in 2010. It's like version 2014 of the old Joye mini.

I still have a pair of the old white Joye 510's that my wife tried and the black ones that I used until the eGo came out. They were different animals. To make them work well you had to have a specific type of Pyramid tea bag paper or Fluval. :)

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
Well the eroll is very old. I was hoping for:

- more vapor
- different attys, ones that dont get clogged up as much
- thanks that can hold more juice..
- more realistic looking
- lighter
- soft tip

All we get is cosmetic changes? (besides the 3 ppc kit which is handy I admit)

The eRoll is less than two years old, and while it may have a few shortcomings, I'm not sure it can be engineered at this point to meet your level of expectation.

Until there's an affordable advancement in nano technology, a 90maH lion battery is gonna be a bit heavy, and take up a fair amount if space (relatively speaking). And to increase the tank size, you would have to lengthen the whole ecig or use a smaller battery, which is already at minimum specs for a useable product.

Personally, I don't want any more vapor production from my eRoll. I often vape in bars, and the level of vapor produced from my eRoll is often clouds up the establishment and invites comments.

As far as the atty, I've not seen a better design out there - which isn't to say that the wick doesn't get clogged up. But the point is moot because even when you increase the flow of the wick, you still get resin on the coil from all the impurities in the juice. The coil, then, becomes inefficient and exacerbates the problem of less vapor production and short battery life.

This is why I always recommend juices with lower total dissolved solids, and I think juice companies need to work to produce cleaner juices that don't wreak havoc on coils and wicks. Until this happens, no reusable ecig product will be turnkey and maintenance free. Yes, I know, your favorite mod doesn't get clogged up as quickly as the eRoll, but that's the price you pay for form factor.

I recommend finding juices that work well with the eRoll and stick with them - save all the sticky sweet juices for the mods. And with the right juice attys can last months which is a huge money and time saver.

As far as the soft tip, I'm with you and I'm not excited about the metal coated tanks. Metal on teeth just creeps me out.

Oh, and there might be not-so-obvious changes that aren't just cosmetic. It appears like they changed the tank design, so it'll be interesting to see any advantages there. And they may have tightened the manufacturing tolerances to minimize some of the leak points - this is just pure speculation and hope as I have not read any reports of tighter fitting components in the eRoll system.

amp79423

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX, USA
Interesting to see this...the eroll was my first step into non-disposable e-cigs and did the trick for me, but then I got frustrated with the performance of the atty, not to mention how often I'd get duds. I wound up on the upgrade train to provari and nemesis land and rda's and rta's and haven't looked back. Now I saw a video somewhere about doing an actual rebuild on the ego-c attys using a microcoil with cotton...looks like a pain in the ..., but lower resistance could improve performance (at the cost of battery life) and I wouldn't have to worry about cost. I'm curious about what the amp rating on the little battery is. How low could one safely go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread