Escribe not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Any Windows 10 experts that use Escribe? Having connecting problems.

Most of my dna mods are connecting to Escribe as always:

Lavabox DNA200
VT133
VT75
VT75 Nano
Therion BF
VT Inbox

mods that aren't connecting to Escribe:

Both of my SDNA75's
(they did before but since they were properly setup by the manufacturer via Daniel Batista I can't remember when the last time I connected them to Escribe)

a Therion BF that I recently acquired from a friend

and the VT75D that arrived today.

All connect to Windows by the alert tone and the VT75D displays "charging" on it's screen. Same USB port and cable that work fine with my other mods. I was using Escribe version 1.2 SP 5.2 and these mods weren't connecting, now using V2.0 SP5.2 for the VT75D, had hoped that would work.

I'm thinking that this must be some stupid Windows 10 issue, maybe a firewall setting? HELP!!!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I use Win 10 and never had any connection problems. No clue why you'd be good with some but not other mods especially with the same cable working. I suppose you can try a different cable and usb port on your machine just for the sake of completeness. This might be one best handled by heading over to the Evolv forums and see what sort of feedback you might get.

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oddly there may have been another reason. Evolv had also suggested to right click on the shortcut and use "Run as Administrator". If I just click on the shortcut, same problem as before. But if I "Run as Administrator", it's fine. So it was a Windows 10 setting. Anyone know how I can give Escribe permission to make changes?

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Oddly there may have been another reason. Evolv had also suggested to right click on the shortcut and use "Run as Administrator". If I just click on the shortcut, same problem as before. But if I "Run as Administrator", it's fine. So it was a Windows 10 setting. Anyone know how I can give Escribe permission to make changes?

Control Panel/ user accounts/ change user account controls

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
That doesn't work, my account already is Administrator, it's the only account on my pc.

Right click the EScribe icon on your desktop.
Choose Properties.
Click the Compatibility tab.
Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
Click Change setting for all users.
Click OK.

EScribe.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread