essential depot price increase beginning Aug 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

avpx1

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2015
FYI, Just got an email from essential depot letting me know they will be raising their prices beginning Aug 1st. If your looking to pick up some PG or VG I guess now is the time.

I noticed they carry "Soy" Derived Vegetable Glycerin and "PALM" DERIVED Vegetable Glycerin.
Which type do you folks get?
Is there is difference?

Thanks

Reactions: bnrkwest

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
FYI, Just got an email from essential depot letting me know they will be raising their prices beginning Aug 1st. If your looking to pick up some PG or VG I guess now is the time.

I noticed they carry "Soy" Derived Vegetable Glycerin and "PALM" DERIVED Vegetable Glycerin.
Which type do you folks get?
Is there is difference?

Thanks
Palm is what they've offered for years.
Soy is newish for people that can't tolerate palm.
Get palm

yesterday's order

28611779706_94d323ef6a_b.jpg

Last edited:

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
I was alarmed the first time I saw Soy derived VG. There's a lot of controversy about soy, particularly for men. I try to avoid being worried about every alarmist article I read, but there's been too much negative information for too long to be able to ignore it. I try to avoid it in my house, particularly for my husband.

So .... no soy derived VG in this house.

Soy Controversy and The Effects of Soy Consumption

satchvai

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Off the grid
I was alarmed the first time I saw Soy derived VG. There's a lot of controversy about soy, particularly for men. I try to avoid being worried about every alarmist article I read, but there's been too much negative information for too long to be able to ignore it. I try to avoid it in my house, particularly for my husband.

So .... no soy derived VG in this house.

Soy Controversy and The Effects of Soy Consumption
Dr mercola is a quack. From what I understand, Soy derived VG is safe and more cost effective/environmentally friendly than palm.

Reactions: BuddJohnson

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
Dr mercola is a quack. From what I understand, Soy derived VG is safe and more cost effective/environmentally friendly than palm.

Well, I'm not trying to convince anyone, particularly since most people can do their own research. There's a ton of information out there. I was simply stating why I won't buy it. :D

Reactions: BuddJohnson

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hopefully ED will remove some of the feedback from the store. I am afraid that intended use will end up hurting him and maybe some of his customers. Lots the folks posted that it is the best they have found for making their e-liquid. I agree. I have been using it exclusively since I started making my own and sure don't want our pg.vg to end up classified as a tobacco product because of intended use.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
At least on the quart bottles I have purchased, ED says their soy VG is non-GMO, else I'd not have bought it. Palm, unless fair trade, is terrible for the environment. Really terrible. I read there is VG derived from coconut. That would be my ideal, and I think I'm going to try to find some.

I take Mercola with some gains of salt, but he's not the only one who has concerns about soy. I totally don't know how these concerns would translate to inhalation.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Derived from coconut sounds awesome. Please let us know if you come across it. :)
Well, apparently RTSVapes used to sell it. I just checked and it's now Palm based. What a terrible change. It may be that coconut based is now more of a specialty item. I'll keep looking.

BTW, non-fair trade (unsustainable) Palm Oil is gotten from clear cutting rainforests and involves human rights abuses, smuggling of wildlife, etc. I would stick with non-GMO soy unless I found some compelling reason not to. Still, I will do coconut oil based if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread