ESSENTIAL tool for coil builders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
O.k. so it's not essential, especially due to the price for a billet of aluminum (being 35$), and even though it's probably common knowledge to most coilers I thought it was too neat not to tell ECF about this time-saving device, hopefully someone who had no idea of it will see this and really want it. It's The Micro Puck by Aerisphere, which is basically a little disk that holds your wire and drill-bit/diameter gauge (which it comes with as well) so you can have a guide and use both hands to make a coil easier. I know there have been a few nights where miss Tequila made me crawl home, and made me feel like a silver back gorilla attempting brain surgery, so I can see how this would be awesome to have around for that impossible coil your trying to build before work etc. Anyway ladies and gents here's a video of the basic idea if your more interested. Cheers my dears! :toast: (p.s. ignore the host, I fast forwarded it to the essential bit ;))

The Micro Puck by aerisphere Review-Micro Coil's done EASY-VapingwithTwisted420 - YouTube

Here's the only place I could find that sells it (and it's currently available only by back-order) (03/18/2014)
The Micro Puck by aerisphere : Vapor Galleria

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
What's darkzero charge for a rig? I'd love to try one of these now that I've built a few thousand by hand lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Joka, Darkzero isn't selling them anymore. In absence of his jig, here is an even better way to wrap a micro coil with only a simple micro screwdriver.

We have found that turning the jig / mandrel / mold / tool produces more tension and is MUCH easier than wrapping wire around a jig / mandrel / mold / tool. Look at how insanely simple this is bro:
http://youtu.be/bp8yqFojsEU

Even easier is the artistic wire gizmo but you probably already have a micro screwdriver :)

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
What's darkzero charge for a rig? I'd love to try one of these now that I've built a few thousand by hand lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I got in on the last run he was doing. Its a great jig, it ran me 28 bucks with shipping. You can try the micro puck and use the discount code if you google for one. Cost about the same.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Joka, Darkzero isn't selling them anymore. In absence of his jig, here is an even better way to wrap a micro coil with only a simple micro screwdriver.

We have found that turning the jig / mandrel / mold / tool produces more tension and is MUCH easier than wrapping wire around a jig / mandrel / mold / tool. Look at how insanely simple this is bro:
outdated - Micro Coils 101 - Part One - Making The Tightest Coil You've Ever Made - YouTube

Even easier is the artistic wire gizmo but you probably already have a micro screwdriver :)

Wow this is the most productive thread I've started :D, thanks so much! I do have a micro-screwdriver set, and I just rolled a perfect coil that's so tight it's indestructable, without spending anything at that! So easy, thank you again brother.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
I have the micropuke and the Wire winding gizmo. Nothing that I've used beats the micropuck for its convenience for winding a pretty great looking coil. The Wire gizmo winds perfect coils but isn't as convenient.

for me if i could only have one im taking the micropuck. For many i would think the wire gizmo would be better based on its availlability and extremely reasonable price and the fact its winds perfect coils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread