Establishments Banning E-Cigs - 2 reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutoMax

Aug 23, 2013
Downey, CA
vaping has moved from a healthy alternative to a cloud blowing hobby for some, and those who feel the need to display their vaping prowess are undermining general acceptance.

What reaction can one expect from business owners and people in general when blowing big clouds of vapor? This still isn't as healthy as plain old air, so their taking offense is no surprise. The attention seeking vapers are hurting the rest of us, one cloud at a time.

Our country is ran by a bunch of sissies. Let's accommodate the ignorant and the offended and let's ban vaping. Let's ban all internal combustion engines for the tree huggers. Let's ban all animal products for the vegans. Let's ban all guns because guns kill people. Let's ban rap because the offensive lyrics. Give me a break.

Grow a pair. Stand up for your freedom and rights. Educate the ignorant.

Is it any wonder our government gets away with anything ?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I'm just curious... how many vapers do you come across on a daily basis? The only vapers I run into are the ones at the B&M when I go get my juice, otherwise I haven't seen one in the wild yet (much less blatantly blowing clouds of vapor in public).

I vape in my car, in the stores' parking lots as I'm walking in, and have not been approached by anyone nor been given the "evil eye."

They're like motorcycles, you never actually see one until you actually ride a bike (or hit one).

:D

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I'm just curious... how many vapers do you come across on a daily basis? The only vapers I run into are the ones at the B&M when I go get my juice, otherwise I haven't seen one in the wild yet (much less blatantly blowing clouds of vapor in public).

I vape in my car, in the stores' parking lots as I'm walking in, and have not been approached by anyone nor been given the "evil eye."

I know you weren't asking me, but I live in the middle of NOWHERE. The closest B&M to me is a 90 minute round trip. There are now a grand total of 2 vapers around here, including me, and that's a co-worker that I got interested in vaping (yay!).

I vape where smoking is allowed. I'm used to it after smoking for 30-some years. No big deal.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Short studies have shown that they aren't worse than cigarettes, but there aren't any long term studies to confirm or deny that.

PV's can blow up if you don't know what you're doing/basic battery safety. It happens.

PG, VG, and PEG can be used alone as an anti-freeze, but just because something has a low freezing point, doesn't make it any more harmful. All three of those bases can and are used in pharmaceutical applications, such as injectable solutions. Quick counter-point for someone that doesn't know how to read an ingredient label.
EPA say PG in "fog form" actually sanitizes the air...heck its used in hospitals for just that purpose!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...9057-propylene-glycol-knowing-1-2-battle.html

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
2. Vapers are so blatant about vaping indoors, in public. This is the sad reason because it's our fault.

Well I hope not. I"m not around enough vapers to say.

I do remember when even outdoor smoking areas were taken away from smokers, due to the huge amount of litter and ciggie butts all over the ground in those areas. It was really nasty looking. I've even seen quite a few trash cans catch on fire in those smoking area.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Well I hope not. I"m not around enough vapers to say.

I do remember when even outdoor smoking areas were taken away from smokers, due to the huge amount of litter and ciggie butts all over the ground in those areas. It was really nasty looking. I've even seen quite a few trash cans catch on fire in those smoking area.
I've never witnessed that problem before the ashtrays were removed from entrances, etc, to force the air of non-approval.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I would vote for vaping sections with proper ventilation, which all businesses should have in place anyway, but few do.

I think when the research shows that vapers aren't the same as smokers, that may happen.

For now, I can tell you that most large businesses, and their insurance companies, have decades of data showing just how much $$$ smokers have cost them in sick days, loss of production, etc. Actuaries have this information esp. in companies where they were paying most of your insurance premiums and sick days, etc. I imagine they are NOT feeling real generous toward smokers or ex smokers who are vaping at this point. :) I mean, it's always about the bottom line, isn't it?

This is why many companies won't hire smokers. Smokers cost them money.

I guess they will start in on the other "groups" soon too. I remember when my insurance premiums went up almost double, and I went to Human Resources, and they told me that a larger percentage of the workforce in my company had babies that year, and then my boss had a major heart attack, heart transplant, etc. ..........and so I had to pay for that, too.

Keep in mind, these things, when you complain incessantly about "other people" though.

I had no problem paying increased premiums because I did not want to work in a company of only people past child bearing years and nobody had health problems, as that would require me to work with robots, not humans.

Unfortunately, in today's "I got mine, who cares if you get yours" environment, I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would not want to pay large health insurance premiums for other coworkers' choices, right?

I guess I simply do not understand why some people don't seem to realize that we ALL impact EACH OTHER. It requires some give and take, all around. I'm willing to give some. Always have been. It seems selfish not to.

Last edited:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
2. Vapers are so blatant about vaping indoors, in public. This is the sad reason because it's our fault.

Blaming the victim is always a good idea, is it not?
I just love that logic. "If you did as I told you, I would not have to beat you. It is all your fault".
Great logic, yeah.

Sometimes I'll go out and see vapers just blatantly blowing big clouds of vapor indoors, drawing a ton of attention to themselves.

Hm.... do you live in the vaping capital of the world?
I have never witnessed this. Anywhere. And neither have many others.

Pray, tell, where have you seen all these vapers blowing those big clouds, indoors?
I may wish to take a vacation there.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I just love that logic. "If you did as I told you, I would not have to beat you. It is all your fault".
Great logic, yeah.

Pray, tell, where have you seen all these vapers blowing those big clouds, indoors?

I had a mighty great ......... style reply to match yours, but I practice good judgement and deleted it, and this is all you get.

RookLV

Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Great logic, yeah.
Ugh. Just... Calm down. As a property owner or manager you're allowed to tell people no. And some people are allergic to one or more of the ingredients. So, yeah. Sometimes you have to do the adult thing and... just not vape. I'm allergic to cats and dogs. I literally go from just fine to can't breathe in a relatively short amount of time and it sticks with me HOURS after. I appreciate when people do the adult thing and leave their house pets at home. I can pay that forward and just wait until the movie is done or I buy my groceries before I pound the nic button.

I have actually witnessed this. It's not as rare as you think. And it really just takes one person blowing clouds of strawberry banana funk in an enclosed space to start impacting others. While I do agree that banning them everywhere is dumb I also get why you might not want to have someone sitting your 8 table bistro overriding your ambiance with their vanilla raspberry fog stick. And, really, I shouldn't be allowed to just puff away in the PEDS ER.

IMHO: If the environment is 18 and over then vaping should be up to the business owner. If there are children present, it's a health care environment, or ventilation just doesn't support it (See: Public Transportation)? Then no. I shouldn't be allowed to spit clouds.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
There is protein in vapor? I didn't know that. Where is the data?
The food vapor we inhale and exhale, is most often artificial right? Organic Flavors are out there, too, but those have been extracted from the source, then mixed into the pg/VG, steeped, vaped. Are those known to have protein? I ask, because it was my belief that protein is the allergen. Please clarify with data, so I can better understand.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I also don't understand why a few rude people seem to generalize everybody. It's the establishments duty to bounce the rude behavior or person causing the disruptive rude behavior.

I also have never seen the clouds, except at cloud contests. I've seen it in early vides where they were obnoxiously showing off their clouds. They were not we. They were they.

This is quite an interesting thread of blame and shame, guilt by association. Nothing based on the real every day world. Maybe at ECC or vapefest, or vape meets around the globe, but certainly not in everyday situations.

Please refrain from lump summing Mother Francis with Devil Joe.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well, I don't want to be associated with smokers either. ;)
And those vapers...wow. They always fight for their rights to fill other people's air with stuff.

So what I do is bring air freshener sprays with me everywhere I go...because they KNOW I'm not a smoker then. And I fill up the air everyone else breathes with nice smells. Bistros, buses, movie theaters, the works. I just run around and spray it everywhere.

You have to fight for your rights to fill everyone else's air with stuff. We know smoking is nasty...so I don't do that anymore. But air freshener spray, now THAT is something that's just so cool. And it's been PROVEN to cause no harm. So I do it. I don't ask. Because I view the general public as being uninformed about "freshening" and they just need to get used to it. They'll soon realize that it isn't smoking and it isn't vaping so it must be OK.

We fresheners have to stick together. If we don't, they might not allow us to freshen the place up at will. It would be terrible.

/sarcasm

Ask first. Simple. Stealth if you have to (not recommended, but not uncommon. Blow into shirt or something.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread