EU law ruins everything! or does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JokkeD86

Feb 27, 2016
I just found out about the new EU law that will be 'awakened' on the 20th of may 2016. It is insane!

I read that the law will ban ALL tanks that contains more than 2ml e-liquid. I just bought the Uwell Crown Tank (best tank i've got so far) and now i'm worried that I won't be able to buy replacement Uwell coils anylonger here in EU. Does anyone know?

Lets say that I only vape none-nicotine liquids - should I also be "punished" by this new law? How can a cigaret law have anything to say about my none-nicotine vaping adventure?

If anyone could shine some light on this issue, I will appreciate it. (and surely many other EU consumers) I feel that we are left in the dark here. None of our politicians talks about this issue, and we are really many vapors. Only England and France have the guts to bring up the issue, it's sad. Please shine some light folks, thanks!

Greatings from Scandinavia ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The only light I can shed it that I expect to be buying coils for tanks over 2ml for a long time.

In this insanity of regulation, there are something things not mentioned at all in the EU TPD. There is no wording to say coils will be banned, only tanks.

b.t.w Uwell are not made in America... what gave you that idea? :)

JokkeD86

Feb 27, 2016
The only light I can shed it that I expect to be buying coils for tanks over 2ml for a long time.

In this insanity of regulation, there are something things not mentioned at all in the EU TPD. There is no wording to say coils will be banned, only tanks.

They told me at the vape shop :) Anyways... If I had a company that was making coils, I would only focus on making coils for tanks that is actually on the market.. Wouldn't you? :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
They told me at the vape shop :) Anyways... If I had a company that was making coils, I would only focus on making coils for tanks that is actually on the market.. Wouldn't you? :)
Not so fast, wise one.
Most of the tanks will be on sale across the rest of the world. Most of the big manufacturers are not giving any thought to the EU legislation. Aspire (Eigate) didn't even know. :eek:

If you are worried, order 50 coils from China. I have more the 100 just in case. (Eleaf, Aspire, Kanger)

I'm not saying it will or won't happen, but there is no illegality selling coils for a 2-6ml tank unless it says so in the TPD.

BUT, you are right, there is very little discussion, we are being left in the dark. The Vendors are only beginning to get the information they need. In the UK, nothing will change until November as all shops can sell existing stock, but I can't work out if this included 30ml bottle that are made to order.

Are you vaping zero Nicotine? Is there news on this in your country?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas

The Crown will still be on the market. Maybe not YOUR market, but it will still be available all across Asia, Australia, and the Americas. You don't really think they're going to stop making coils and tanks for these markets just because of some silly EU law, do you?

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
It really isn't new - there has been a lot of information about it on newsfeeds etc.

As it stands the EEC Law is basic but countries are permitted to Gold Plate it i.e "Make things even more difficult for vapers." The UK has stated that there will be no gold plating and hinted that regulation will be done with a light touch.

Furthermore there is a one year period of grace until May next year when "old stock" can be legally sold.

How the child proofing/anti tampering facilities for tanks will affect us I do not know yet but the new EGO A device appears to satisfy the legislation.

Can I suggest you get Vapers Network on your newsfeeds and also look at the UK/Europe Section on ECF.

Do I like any of this? No. Have I stocked up, bought squonkers and drippers, learned coiling and DIY? You bet your life I have!

The real blame lies with Big Tobacco and Big Pharma wishing to protect their revenue stream as it does with governments wishing to keep their tax take from smoking intact. Any pretence that this was a Public Health Measure is simply that - a pretence.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
The real blame lies with Big Tobacco and Big Pharma wishing to protect their revenue stream as it does with governments wishing to keep their tax take from smoking intact. Any pretence that this was a Public Health Measure is simply that - a pretence.
Most regulations are created out of politician's desires for power, control, and revenue, regardless of the words coming out of their mouths.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Yes. £25,000,000 a day is worth protecting if you are a politician.

(Revenue from UK tobacco sales)

JokkeD86

Feb 27, 2016
From Totally Wicked

"PG, VG, flavour concentrates and zero nicotine e-liquids are all unaffected by the TPD. They can be sold in the larger, more economical bottles, and will not need to be tested."

It is affected in someway - you won't be able to vape it on a 4 ml tank i guess... and thats *******!

Reactions: djsvapour

JokkeD86

Feb 27, 2016
The Crown will still be on the market. Maybe not YOUR market, but it will still be available all across Asia, Australia, and the Americas. You don't really think they're going to stop making coils and tanks for these markets just because of some silly EU law, do you?

No, but I am worried about not being able to buy them anymore (inside EU), that's my worries...

JokkeD86

Feb 27, 2016
Not so fast, wise one.
Most of the tanks will be on sale across the rest of the world. Most of the big manufacturers are not giving any thought to the EU legislation. Aspire (Eigate) didn't even know. :eek:

If you are worried, order 50 coils from China. I have more the 100 just in case. (Eleaf, Aspire, Kanger)

I'm not saying it will or won't happen, but there is no illegality selling coils for a 2-6ml tank unless it says so in the TPD.

BUT, you are right, there is very little discussion, we are being left in the dark. The Vendors are only beginning to get the information they need. In the UK, nothing will change until November as all shops can sell existing stock, but I can't work out if this included 30ml bottle that are made to order.

Are you vaping zero Nicotine? Is there news on this in your country?

No, nothing so far (as i know of) sadly...

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The loose wording of article 20 of the TPD gives EU member states the power to come down on vaping with a level of intensity of their choosing. How hard the hammer will fall is mostly yet to be seen. The UK government seems to be showing a potentially more sympathetic view on the benefits of vaping. If we leave the EU then there will be no obligation to implement any of the punitive BS laid out in article 20.

Reactions: daviedog

JokkeD86

Feb 27, 2016

Where are Uwell made?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Where are Uwell made?
Shenzhen, Guangdong China - everything comes from the same areas, more or less.

I remember somebody refusing to pay me for a mod I'd bought for them from China (over a year ago) because our local vape shop told her Eleaf was an American company, and an iStick made in China was a fake/clone.
The things people say to make money, shameful. :eek:

What is somewhat even worse is some of the 'top' brands (they call themselves top) give the impression their goods are American made or designed in the US. Just lies on top of lies.
Changing a seal on a tank or asking for a different drip-tip is not designed in the US, but who's going to stop these people?... you can't take e-cigarette companies to court very easily.

The ex-biggest brand in the UK (now failing to make much profit) sold products making claims which we know were untrue. They are responsible for starting people vaping (including me), but equally responsible for many people giving up on vaping calling it 'useless' or 'ineffective'.

In fact, take the e-cig company BLU (a tobacco company). They are trying to take over the UK market. People try their products and go back to smoking... and yet look at their presence on social media... you'd think they were the ultimate vaping solution for all smokers. :confused:

It's going to take a long time for the market to get straight and now the EU TPD is handing back much of the power to the tobacco companies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
In fact, take the e-cig company BLU (a tobacco company). They are trying to take over the UK market. People try their products and go back to smoking... and yet look at their presence on social media... you'd think they were the ultimate vaping solution for all smokers. :confused:
BLU has gotten as many people off of smoking as any other company.
I my self started on V2's a competitor of theirs. Now days I mostly use ego
type batteries with iclear 16 clearomizers. I still use kr808d form factor
hardware. I have been vaping almost three years. I am doing fine.
Mike

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
BLU has gotten as many people off of smoking as any other company.
I my self started on V2's a competitor of theirs. Now days I mostly use ego
type batteries with iclear 16 clearomizers. I still use kr808d form factor
hardware. I have been vaping almost three years. I am doing fine.
Mike

Yep. Maybe. I'm sure that is true.

But they are also the reason why many people try but give up on vaping so fast, as is the same with many other brands we currently have in the UK. The brands people see in the shops are much of a muchness. Not everybody has the willpower or resolve to make the jump... they just give up on vaping.

I hate them mostly as it'll be all that is left in 6 months, and that's a shame. An e-cig company that supports e-cig regulation designed to kill of competition and hand power back to the tobacco companies deserves a damn hard kick where it hurts.

More people would quit if they started on an eGo with an iClear... but such products are not visible to the curious would-be vaper on the street.

That's all I'm saying.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm in the US where I can still get whatever I want. I'm taking advantage of that to build up enough nic, atomizers and mods for 10 years of self sufficiency. I believe I coulld get that done, starting from scratch, for $500. I have a couple more rda's and mods to buy. If the hammer falls and there is a grace period I'll double up but it's hard to think much past 10 years.

If you are going to be a life long vaper sooner or later you'll be mixing and rebuilding. You get easy self sufficiency, save money, and improve the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread