Jul 14, 2012
United Kingdom
www.ecigzoo.com

Old Chemist

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Poland
starychemik.wordpress.com
Situation in EU is getting worse, I'm afraid.
According to the latest news from European Parliament, the new directive will effectively ban all liquids, not only those containing >4 mg/ml, as was suggested earlier - see Amendment 7 (pp. 8-9). This includes also cross-border sales (including Internet sales).
In order to put the product on the market manufacturers or importers of the liquid will have to fulfill the requirements of the EU Directive 2001/83/EC (Medicinal products for human use). This will cost a lot of money and requires a lot of time.

So again Big Pharma and Big tobacco are the only winners. What about human health? Who cares.
Arrgh...

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Situation in EU is getting worse, I'm afraid.
According to the latest news from European Parliament, the new directive will effectively ban all liquids, not only those containing >4 mg/ml, as was suggested earlier - see Amendment 7 (pp. 8-9). This includes also cross-border sales (including Internet sales).
In order to put the product on the market manufacturers or importers of the liquid will have to fulfill the requirements of the EU Directive 2001/83/EC (Medicinal products for human use). This will cost a lot of money and requires a lot of time.

So again Big Pharma and Big tobacco are the only winners. What about human health? Who cares.
Arrgh...

Thanks for the update, Old Chemist - I've blogged about it here: Europe - E-cigarettes to be banned in 3 years' time if committee's opinion is heeded. - ECF InfoZone

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Wouldn't the Directive, approved with the proposed amendments, declare potatoes and tomatoes as medicine and require medical prescriptions to buy them (at pharmacies, presumably)?

I'm not sure the import is banned by the directive, since that part mentions "tobacco products" and not "Nicotine-containing products"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread