EverClear, Distilled Water, Ez-Sweetz..what all to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonaked

Apr 11, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Hey fellow DIYers. This is my first post here. I want to learn to make my own ejuice. I watched the lady's YouTube Video on the Newbie forum. She just mixed nic juice, VG, and flavoring.
I just got my order in from Xtreme Vapor. I ordered the following.
125ml 50mg/ml nic juice in PG
250ml PG
250ml VG
6 pack of 3ml sample flavors (I don't think it is oil based but I am not sure)

First Question:
I have read all sorts of things about using straight PG doesn't vap well and using straight VG clogs the atty and is too thick. I though I would mix a 70% PG 30% VG solution to use as the filler. Does that sound like a good mix for my PG/VG?

Second Question:
I have read of people using EverClear or Ethyol Alcohol (PGA I think it is called) and distilled water to cut things like VG or flavors. I have also read of people using liquid sucralose (Ez-Sweetz) of course to make their ejuice sweeter. So the question is when do I use those things, how much, and with what? Is all this stuff only for oil based flavorings? Do you need it for water or alcohol based flavors? Are the flavors from XtremeVaping water/alcohol based or are they oil based?

Any and all help/sugguestions would be very much appreciate it!!!!
Thanks in advance!

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Some people do use 100% pg. It doesn't create as thick of a vapor cloud, but it does the job of getting you flavor & nicotine just fine. Personally, I use 80/20 or 70/30 blends. Some people go 50/50, and some 100% one way or the other. It's a matter of personal preference. Your suggestion would be just fine.

Alcohol is used to thin and "roughen" a juice. Distilled water is used to thin without changing throat hit. Neither of these are exclusively for use with essential oils. Whether you need them or not depends, again, on personal preferences -- do you want thinner juice? Do you want to increase throat hit?

Sucralose works great as a sweetener! Personally, I've found that few of my own juices need it, but when they do I usually use it at anywhere from 2-10% of the total flavoring content. I also have a peppermint candy juice that is 50/50 between peppermint oil and sucralose. Again, this is a matter of what you like.

In general, mix small (1ml) test batches without nic and taste. Change things up until you like what you're tasting. You'll get a handle on your taste patterns pretty quickly.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Hello Zal,
Thank you SO MUCH for the advice. I reall appreciate it. Ok so adding water or PGA? What do I subtract the replacement volume from if I want to add either of those? Do I subtract from my PG/VA mix volume or from the amount of flavor?

I don't use water, personally, and only use pga in one or two recipes where I want an alcoholic taste. Others might have better advice, but it seems to me...

Since water is used to thin vg, I'd thin the VG and use the thinned vg in the recipes as if it were normal vg. I.e., I wouldn't computer it as a separate ingredient. I use pga as a flavoring, and so I count that as part of my flavoring mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread