evic love

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
Hi, MY first post. However I am not new to this. I only really wanted to make one post here. To tell you all the evic is awesome. I have a provari,Darwin and many others. This is the closet thing to a combination of the provari and Darwin in one unit I know of. It is very well designed and an actual computer. It is rugged too. People hated on the aluminum but a GG is also aluminum. Granted the GG is a lot heavier. The charge time with the 3400 battery defies physics too. I have built a number of mods with dna20 and tka. This chip nearly equals those. I know the experts here may disagree but this is solely My opinion. Plus the software can actually help you with goals. Now, that is the only downside. The software may not install on some computers. If you understand that stuff you have no problem there either. I think the most revolutionary thing about it is the "head" design. The entire device is really in the replaceable head. Albeit nearly the cost of the whole device. The pass-through was a big selling point of the Darwin. The non-removable battery was not. Here we have it all. I must say this thing is built so well(at least mine) it should say "made in japan"! If you want to cut to the chase and get something super for the price of all the other china made units this could be it. I promise I have nothing to do with Joye. Nor am I selling them. Perhaps a downside for some is the limited watts/volts. You can hack that if you know how. The unit is only limited by firmware. On the other hand a 1.8 coil at 4.9 watts vapes like my provari with a2.4 at 5.5 volts. The vapor production and hit is only limited by what atty/carto you put on it. of course ymmv but I personally do not use anything else now. I hope this is not considered spam. I am just saying I am very impressed. I did not get into details of it's functionality since that is posted here already. I had written this off as Chinese trash for some time. until I actually handled one. One other thing, If you really want mostly USA made and stainless steel there are "tubes" available from several sources. Quite frankly the aluminum is better anyways. The threads are as good as anything. Perhaps I just got a good one. Which is a problem with china production. I can't comment on that as I ordered it online. Also, The device is smaller and lighter than I expected. Which to me is a good thing.

really enjoying my eVic. I have the ECA tank and use it most of the time, it's great on the eVic, vapes like a dream and is the most comfortable tank I have. I also have the iClear 30b and Pro Tank 3 that I alternate with it. It has survived a few drops, 2 on cement that scuffed up my battery cap, but I bought a replacement battery cap for $3 on litecigusa, broke 2 drip tips with those drops, had my iClear 3ob on my eVice both times, it got scuffed too but didn't break. Then I broke the plastic tip on my ECA, dropped in my room on the carpet, landed tip first, the tip shattered and jammed into the tank body, apparently the ECA tanks are fragile. No scuffs on the eVic itself and no loss of performance. I get about a day and a half on a single charge. I don't use the usb for charging, I went ahead and bought 2 batteries and the MC1 XTAR single battery charger, good cheap charger. In the morning I will put in a fully charged battery even though my battery meter is between 40% to 50% and vape for an hour or so while i get ready for work. I leave for work and vape for the 45min drive. I vape about 30 mins at lunch and for about 6 hours before I go to bed. On the weekends I get a full day of constant vaping and usually don't have to change my battery until mid morning or noonish the next day. I want to get mech mods and rda's but I'm enjoying my setup so much right now i think I'll wait until i get bored with it before i move on to the next level.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I have 2 eVic's. I use my original daily, all day/night long. The second one is still in the box, I bought solely as a back up in case I ever break my original would hate to be without my eVic.

I bought 3 different after market tubes and end caps haven't used them yet though still using the balck tube and end cap.

Love the firmware update feature.

I cape around 1700 seconds daily and get close to 2 days out of the original 2600 mah batt and close to 2.5 days out of the NCR18650B batts. I use an external charger vs the usb port.

PBusardo's review of the eVic firmware V1 was less than stellar. By firmware V1.4 all his negative comments had been fixed, shows Joyetech listens. I think this is impressive.

All this for $79.99, not bad. Since I had 3 tube sets I bought a replacement head for $69.99 giving me my backup eVic.

badexec

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Of all of my husband's mod's his EVIC is one I have never used. Now I want to try it, but I don't know how to turn it on and he's out of town!

Hit the fire button 5 times, the menu will pop up and the first option will be power on, hit the fire button again and your are ready to vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread