eVic Modular MOD - New brass/stainless tube and casing - What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Hey guys,

Have been enjoying my eVic for a while, but I'm wanting to update it's look a little bit and want a classier design.

Myself and two friends where discussing some ideas and came up with the following.

If there is enough interest we will make enough for the community.

The idea is to create a completely modular system based on the eVic. Many different tube types and styles / end caps and tops available that will all fit with each other.

Our friend has created the following designs to give you an idea of what we are talking about.

ASSEMBLY FIXED.jpg
ASSEMBLY FIXED EXPLODED.jpg

These are just preliminary drawings and we'd like to hear from you guys to see what you think, and get your ideas. If there is enough interest we will move forward with the idea.

We'd like to build the tube section to be multiple pieces so you can mix and match stainless and brass etc...

Different finishes would also be possible.

Just throwing this out there right now for you guys to discuss.

Regards,

The Modular Team... :)

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
@Sthur That was the idea... we didn't find many options either, and there don't seem to be many that class it up.

@sdennislee - We found the same... had to ship our short tubes and other options from all over the world just to get small variations of eVic tubes.

Attached is a picture of the same tube with a straight collar rather than tapered, and some engraving with silver coating.

straightTube.jpg

We're working on different finishes and etchings and engravings to find out works best on actual brass tubes right now, it's shaping up very nicely... will have some pictures for you guys/gals real soon.

It's possible to have custom engravings done also, although it may prove too difficult if we're producing a lot of them.

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
Thanks Sarradee,

@sdennislee, we're trying to guage interest in the piece right now, but we'll put up a pre-order form soon so that we can have an idea of those who are interested.

Will post more details here as soon as we have something up.

@Wmmeese Our original idea is to split the body of the device into three or more rings which can be used to configure any size for any battery and also mix and match finishes to allow different looks (e.g. stainless steel and brass, or polished and brushed etc...)

We want to be able to sell just ring sections to people rather than full kits so that you can design/create your own body.

More details to follow.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey guys,

Have been enjoying my eVic for a while, but I'm wanting to update it's look a little bit and want a classier design.

Myself and two friends where discussing some ideas and came up with the following.

If there is enough interest we will make enough for the community.

The idea is to create a completely modular system based on the eVic. Many different tube types and styles / end caps and tops available that will all fit with each other.

Our friend has created the following designs to give you an idea of what we are talking about.

View attachment 298667
View attachment 298668

These are just preliminary drawings and we'd like to hear from you guys to see what you think, and get your ideas. If there is enough interest we will move forward with the idea.

We'd like to build the tube section to be multiple pieces so you can mix and match stainless and brass etc...

Different finishes would also be possible.

Just throwing this out there right now for you guys to discuss.

Regards,

The Modular Team... :)

Have you seen this?

1521100-1.jpg

Vamo 5S head for mech mods.

And on another note: One thing I would really really like on a VM mod: PLUGIN.
It pisses me off that I have to be killing expensive fast drain 4 volt batteries when I am surrounded by 120 power outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread