eVic MVR v1.2 (with FW v1.2) released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackDaddy1962

Verified Member
Let us know what you find Jaysin. I've got the eGo-T (black & white) mod tubes too, but I don't like the fact they're not vented at the bottom and you have to remove the entire tube to get to the battery. The threads that mate with the control head leave something to be desired as well. Still not bad, but I want the newer versions specifically for the eVic.

I'll post up if I find them as well.

Thanks!
Jim

willFour

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
United States
I've also been actively looking for the new tube casing in black. Haven't found it yet. I was sorely tempted to attempt a paint job on my eVic, as all the parts that would need to be painted are completely removable (unless you also wanted to paint the control ring, which I have not and will not attempt removing). But alas, Joyetech added the new tube casings to their website, so now I'll wait, not so patiently.

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
The Mac installer file is made up of three parts. One part installs the application in the main Applications folder. The second part installs the code.bin file right next to the application, and then moves it to the desktop (folder) of the current user. The third part installs a kernel extension called JoyeTechType00.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. The reboot is to have the OS load the kext (though that shouldn't be necessary as the installer could also invoke the kernel extension without requiring a reboot...).

So to remove everything, just throw away the application, throw away the code.bin file, and throw away the JoyeTechType00.kext file. The application probably saves a preference file in the users' preference folder the first time it's run, which you can also delete. A reboot may be required before you can empty the trash if the JoyeTechType00.kext kernel extension is running when you move it to the trash.

Billy

oh, and yes, it would be nice if JoyeTech provided an un-installer, as well as mentioning where the firmware files should be located (though their deliberate moving of the stock firmware file to the current user's desktop is probably a BIG hint).

Thanks for laying it out. That's about what I figured they were doing.

MackDaddy1962

Verified Member

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
You can always use something like appcleaner FreeMacSoft to get rid of it.

Also, hit Command-I during an installer to see where and what it's installing.

Thanks for the info. I am not nearly as well versed with Mac as I am with PC. Been using a PC for years and years, and only just recently switched to Mac to "try it out" within the last 6 months.

Back to the topic at hand, I had hoped they would come out with a straight top cap rather than the dildo-esque tapered cap. One of the early foreign reviews I saw on youtube of the 1.2 firmware, the guy had a straight top cap and was shiny chrome or SS looking. It looks like they did come out with the shiny chrome tube, but it's still a tapered top, which I am not fond of. I already have the ego-t mod black 18350 & 18650 tubes, so I think I'll hold out a little longer and see what else they release.

Jaysin

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Clearwater, FL
Saw that yesterday as well. Not a bad option for those who are looking at getting a new eVic. I'm still holding out for the new "tube & cap" sets to come to market.

+1

Those tubes aren't made for the evic. They are putting those together. I am looking for the new evic specific set with top part.

willFour

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
United States
I've finally managed to find a place to buy the new casing and head..

Joyetech eVic VV/VW MOD battery casing/tube casing set - Joyetech eVic VV/VW MOD spare parts Heaven Gifts

Anybody ever bought from heaven-gifts.com? I looked up some reviews and people here on ecf seem to have had okay experiences with them. Unfortunately they only have the Chrome/Polished Silver ones in stock ($11.20). Also unfortunately is that they ship from China, and your options are to either pay $9.60 in shipping for EMS Express, bringing the total cost to $20.80, or shipping with Registered Airmail for $2.40, which generally takes 10-25 business days, but they state that orders to US often get stopped in Customs, so can sometimes take as long as 40 days. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread