evic passthrough operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchamb2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Cleburne, tx
It won't work without a battery, but I just leave the battery in the Evic and charge it via the USB port. Mine seem to charge faster thru the USB port than it does through my Trustfire charger.

You can also vape with it while it's plugged in (with the battery inside), and when it's just sitting there it shows the battery meter and the word "charging" beneath, and switches to the regular screen when you hit the button. I do it almost every day while I'm at the computer.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I wonder how dead a battery would have to be for you to not be able to vape with a dead battery inside.

I just tried taking out the battery on my smart phone, and so far looks like it wont turn on no lights nothing even if I plug it in; I find it rediculous to have an electronics device that functions only on batteries even though you can even plug in to power to charge the battery; if you can charge the battery, then even if you cant get complete functionality, you should at leave have some basic emergency function; even if you only get a light coming on to tell you it can see the power, that counts for something tiny.

jchamb2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Cleburne, tx
Well, I don't know since I rarely let my battery get below about 30%. Many things won't work if they are plugged in with the battery missing, as the connection thru the battery is a part of the circuit (even if it's dead or nearly so). Once you completely remove the battery you have an open circuit.

I know that my motorcycle, and most cars work that way, as well as many cell phones and other items. I can confirm that the Evic won't vape without the battery, even if plugged in because I just took the battery out of mine. The screen says "Charge Completed" even though the battery is gone and it is plugged into the USB.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Well, I don't know since I rarely let my battery get below about 30%. Many things won't work if they are plugged in with the battery missing, as the connection thru the battery is a part of the circuit (even if it's dead or nearly so). Once you completely remove the battery you have an open circuit.

I know that my motorcycle, and most cars work that way, as well as many cell phones and other items. I can confirm that the Evic won't vape without the battery, even if plugged in because I just took the battery out of mine. The screen says "Charge Completed" even though the battery is gone and it is plugged into the USB.

No, removing the battery does not leave an open circuit.

I can't say for modern computer controlled cars, but for older cars without computers controling everything, once your engine is running and the alternator/generator is working, you can take out the battery and it will continue running. The purpose of the battery is to START the car; before there were car batteries, the cars had crank shafts that you go and crank with your hands to get the car started.

The screen says "Charge Completed" even though the battery is gone and it is plugged into the USB.

Ah; ok so it sounds like it maybe turns of the charging circuitry if there is no battery; once the charging circuit is turned off, the charging voltage can't get to the atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread