eVic setup and photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser Bob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Denver, CO
Here's my eVic with the Ithaka clone just received. I really want to pick up a flat top cap and maybe a wrap.

jamaneba.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Well, I finally managed to break an eVic. I suppose I couldn't expect to get away with dropping it on hard floors forever.

IMG_0571-s400_zps3b64b1fa.jpg

It still works fine, just the top plate has become detached from the plastic shell. I'm wondering about how to repair it. Some glues will haze or cloud some plastics.

Has anyone made a similar repair? What glue did you use? CA (cyano-acrylate or Super/Krazy Glue)? Epoxy?

Does anyone know what plastic the eVic shell is made from?

Was it glued at all? There is a small ridge on the part of the top plate which goes into the shell and no sign of glue. Maybe it is just a snap fit.

I have a replacement (and two more control heads on order for emergencies like this) so there is no hurry to get this one repaired if waiting will result in a better job.

Gimpy1261

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Ga. Down Under
I have had my Evic for a very long time to me (about six months), I didn't use it for anything but an ohms checker.
Today I used it for a rba building platform. I put my squid on it, made a 1.5 ohm, 32 ga. Coil, since everyone says cotton is so good, I put a small amount of cotton through the coil, wet it with juice, and started to vaping.
Results are: The best vape I've had ever.
I'll listen to what the pros. Say more often now.
No pictures cause I don't know how to do it.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
The eVic is a nice power supply (battery/mod) for vaping. On the expensive side for a plain tube. Most people like it.

For pictures, you need to upload your picture to an online picture storage site (photobucket, flickr, tinypics, etc.), get the URL and place the URL between IMG tags (third icon from right above the text entry box). (Some of those sites can add the IMG tags automatically.)

If you like, you can simply type the tags as below:
(remove all the spaces; if I don't put in spaces, you won't be able to see the code)

[ IMG ]h t t p : / /your-picture-URL[ / IMG ]

Gimpy1261

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Ga. Down Under
The eVic is a nice power supply (battery/mod) for vaping. On the expensive side for a plain tube. Most people like it.

For pictures, you need to upload your picture to an online picture storage site (photobucket, flickr, tinypics, etc.), get the URL and place the URL between IMG tags (third icon from right above the text entry box). (Some of those sites can add the IMG tags automatically.)

If you like, you can simply type the tags as below:
(remove all the spaces; if I don't put in spaces, you won't be able to see the code)

[ IMG ]h t t p : / /your-picture-URL[ / IMG ]

My Evic has served well as a supporting actor, now I've given it a staring role.
Pictures from me and the simple stuff I'm capable of doing would be embarrassing to me and boring to ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread