eVic Top Cap Mismatch

Discussion in 'eVic' started by humpstyles, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. humpstyles

humpstyles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a "flat" or "square" eVic top cap. It's the cylindrical version that makes most wider 510 atties sit flush on the top. I bought it on eBay off of a guy who bought it straight from Joyetech (it came in the original Joyetech box). It screws it perfectly and looks great on the eVic, except for one problem. The silver finish isn't the same as the stock eVic silver.

Basically, this top cap is a more 'brushed' light silver color than the factory standard eVic chrome/silver 18650 tube that comes with the mod right out of the box. I have been searching for the correct top-cap to match the factory Joyetech 18650 chrome/silver tube, but cannot seem to pinpoint which one I need to purchase. On some vendors sights, the "chrome" option to purchase looks like a mirror! Way too chrome-y compared to the Joyetech factory chrome. Picture below.

$_57.jpg
    This is the one I purchased ^ It does not match the Joyetech 18650 factory chrome tube. It is much more brushed and a lighter silver.

EVC-ACY-ALL-2T.jpg

I am questioning the one all the way to the right; is that the one I should have purchased to match it?

Thanks in advance.

2. humpstyles

any help here? Would like to not throw away another $10 on this...

3. crxess

crxess ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

It is very doubtful you will get an exact match.
    The parts are painted
    They will only match exactly - batch to batch.
    Also wear/age will make a difference. Oils, ect. from use will change the color and dull the parts.

4. sdennislee

sdennislee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought all 3 of the square end caps here https://www.cignot.com/product_p/evc-acy-all.htm

The chrome matches exactly as does the black one, the brushed square cap is a few shades darker than the my brushed Joyetech tube.

I also like this end cap to help protect the 510 threads on my eVics 510 to eGo Adapter with Well is has a floating center pin. I put it on top of the stock eVic tapered end cap. The brushed one doesn't match the stock eVic silver tube.

To support larger 510 tanks Like the HyperTank I use this https://smoktek.3dcartstores.com/Tank-Airflow-Controller_p_571.html also gives me airflow control on my non Aerotank tanks.

Edited to add pics

photoevic01.jpg

photoevic02.jpg

5. humpstyles

[​IMG]

See what I mean? It really irritates me.

6. humpstyles

I'll be honest with you - I just bought the chrome one from that website...I really hope it matches the standard tube. :facepalm:

7. sdennislee

Not sure which is standard, I have Black, Chrome and brushed tubes. The chrome from cignot matches my chrome tube nicely. Have found any aftermarket end cap that matches my brushed tube, they are either too dark or too light. Not a huge issue for me though as I keep my eVic in a pouch on a lanyard around my neck so nothing below the fire button shows.

8. RebelGolfer72

RebelGolfer72 Resident TimeLord Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I noticed that as well. Bought my cap directly from Joytech.

"Polishing" it with scotch brite pad helped wear off some of the "white"'and bring it closer to my worn in eVic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. humpstyles

[​IMG]

You can see my dilemma now...it sticks out! hopefully the chrome one I just ordered gets here soon and looks nicer!

10. Go4iT

Go4iT Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Getting my new Black eVic tomorrow and ordered the eCa top cap in black from cignot, which will arrive the next day. Can't wait to test it out with the Kanger Aero Tank which I'll also get tomorrow. Now I'll have a new addition to the smokeless family, to go along with my iTaste MVP and my pocket vape, the Halo Triton tanker. Can't wait! :)

11. humpstyles

I have a back order placed on just the aerotank base, so I can screw it on my PT3 and experience this revolutionary change people are talking about. I'll be sure to post the chrome cap as well so the differences can be noted.

12. pirgulation

pirgulation Full Member Verified Member

Hey guys - I just wanted to drop a note about the color change/differences.. I too noticed the color differences,, and until just now thought it was a fluke. The Joyetech silver & the Ovale silver are different (heads up).. I only noticed this when I bought the short tube (18350 tube) and got the Joyetech silver color.(Which i've misplaced it seems)

*and yes* just swap the bases and you have a better looking 'aerotank' 2014-02-20 03.28.39.jpg 2014-02-20 03.27.43.jpg

13. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

I'm not sure what the eBay seller stated it was, but that looks to me like a "silver" top combined with the "stainless" battery tube. Very much the wrong top if you were looking for a finish match. If you ordered a "stainless" top that isn't what you got.

14. Mackoy 09

Mackoy 09 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Seems like it matches my evic from Ovale. I also ordered the silver one, still waiting for it so well see.

[​IMG]

15. Phone Guy

Phone Guy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

As I understand it there is a color missing or only available in the box kit.

Satin... it's not quite silver or brushed. Silver is more like chrome...brushed is more like silver flaked paint, and satin is dull brushed color.

[​IMG]

16. Mackoy 09

Just got the front cap and it matches perfectly! Will post pic later.

17. Mackoy 09

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. sdennislee

Looks good

19. Mackoy 09

[​IMG]

20. humpstyles

[​IMG]

That's a bit more like it.

For the record, If you order from 'cignot', the "stainless bright" option is the one above. It came in a Joyetech box and it will be the closest match to the eVic by Joyetech with the chrome 18650 tube.

It is not a perfect match; the eVic tube is actually a slightly brushed chrome whereas the top cap is straight chrome, but it looks much better than the brushed grey/silver top I posted in the first picture.

noooice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.