Evic-VT keeps going to wattage mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyBlasphemy

Nov 3, 2015
Yesterday I received my Ego Evic-Vt, I immediately had trouble going to temperature mode. I have watched hours of how to videos and when I select temperature mode, it automatically goes back to power/wattage mode. I am using an Ego one mega tank with 1ohm coils. Since I am supposed to be in temp ni mode, hits in power mode are verrry burnt and horrible. I have contacted joyetech and have yet to receive a response. I am desperate please help!!

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
For the eGo One tank, you'll use the Joyetech CL coils for that tank.
Available in Kanthal (for wattage mode), and both Nickel (Ni) and Titanium (Ti) for TC modes.
There are also rebuildable CLR heads in all three wire types, though you can choose any wire when you rebuild with your own coils.

Use Kanthal in power mode and Ni/Ti in temp control mode... only.

Other tanks you may buy will each have their own brand coils from the manufacturer.

What wattage are you using? It's easy to overpower and burn coils. Start low and ramp up.
So many little details... too much to guess what you still need to know.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
  • VW/Bypass Resistance Range 0.1Ω-3.5Ω
  • Temperature Control (Ti / Ni200)
  • Temperature Range 100-315° C / 200-600 °F
  • Temperature Mode Resistance Range 0.05-1.0Ω
1.0 would still be in range, although I have not seen a Ni200 coil that is 1.0 myself.
I would think that if it is actually rated at 1.0 and you fire it, it would pop over the range and drop to power mode. I would guess the coil is just bad

The Stock JoyTech coils are 0.20 Ohm for Ni200 and 0.40 Ohm for Ti

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
A 1 Ohm Ni200 coil would be very very long! According to steam-engine.org a 1.0 ohm coil would be about 48 wraps on a 3.0mm mandrel or a total length of 530mm (that is over 1/2 a meter). That is more than likely a kanthal coil. Reason why is it burning is that it is hitting full power that you have set, and continues to do so until the resistance changes. Since the resistance doesn't change (because kanthal) it maintains that power level forever.

OP use a Ni200 coil with a blue band or a Ti coil with the red band. Try to stay low like around 0.1-0.5 ohms and you should be fine in TC mode.

Come play in the eVIC VT thread: Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

There is lots of good information about the device contained inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread