Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
mine sort of looks new, could probably sell it as new also, lol
evicmini_1.jpg

evicmini_2.jpg

Don't you know that people pay extra for that pre-distressed look? :banana: Just call it the "Relic Special Edition VTC Mini" It should be able to fetch about 200 bucks, don't you think?

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
wouldn't you agree; it looks rather obvious
2 istck 30w, an old mvp, istick 100w look all newish, the evic is the only one that looks like crap.
so no not obvious unless im just supposed to put my mods behind a glass case to just look at them.

i get it, ur a fanboy, im just stating what happened to mine, am i not allowed

edit. for $30 id buy a couple more, for $60 i dont know, id buy something else, canadian pesos btw

Last edited:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
2 istck 30w, an old mvp, istick 100w look all newish, the evic is the only one that looks like crap.
so no not obvious unless im just supposed to put my mods behind a glass case to just look at them.

edit. for $30 id buy a couple more, for $60 i dont know, id buy something else, canadian pesos btw

Part of it is, as said... "luck of the draw".
Or "bad day on the assembly line".

None of my JTechs have done that, but one of my higher quality VT133s has.
Once the "orange peel" begins, it's pretty much over. Juice has already worked its way in and the paint is comin' off, eventually.

I know little about paint finishes, so I'd guess it's an error in either the surface prep or the application.

Either way... sucks when it's yours. :(

Reactions: pufZeppelin

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Part of it is, as said... "luck of the draw".
Or "bad day on the assembly line".

None of my JTechs have done that, but one of my higher quality VT133s has.
Once the "orange peel" begins, it's pretty much over. Juice has already worked its way in and the paint is comin' off, eventually.

I know little about paint finishes, so I'd guess it's an error in either the surface prep or the application.

Either way... sucks when it's yours. :(
i dont care how it looks.
i do care about the failing power button though.
like i said, i wore her out at 30mls/day after a few months of use

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
i dont care how it looks.
i do care about the failing power button though.
like i said, i wore her out at 30mls/day after a few months of use
Have you tried pulling the sled out and examining the switch? Often if they are pushed with excessive force it will cause the switch housing to separate at the seam causing a misalignment of the internal membrane & parts of assembly. Sometimes you can disassemble, realign and reassemble properly to get it working.

Other times the click dimple plate will be deformed or damaged. Many times this can be replaced with one from a known good switch to repair. There are vids on youtube but not necessarily for Evic VTC. Search for fire switch repair or similar.

Last edited:

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Sounds like an authentic clone to me. Where did you buy it?
i bought it from canvape, theyve been around since the beginning of vaping in canada w/online store, dont think they would sell clones but i bought it last year when it first came out so i donk think clones were around initially.

took it apart a few times to clean board w/alcohol, still the same. it goes through fits of it not working when fire button is pushed or randomly shuts down.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City

HealthCabin is having a Halloween Sale right now and I found the Evic VTC Mini Kit w/ the Tron tank in white, cyan, & red on sale for $33. I already have a white and a black, so I grabbed one in red, as well as 2 Bellus RTAs in black for $15 each (been searching for it in black for a while now). :D

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
My VTC Mini's have kind of been collecting dust since I got a couple of Picos.

I recently downlaoded Ferox's firmware found here:

[VTC-mini,FW] Need suggestions

Big shout out to him (or her) - the software is fantastic!
I'll be messing around with all the options for quite awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread