eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I hesitate to try this firmware because my vtc mini is working fine, doing what I want. If it somehow enhanced TC performance that might be interesting. I've wondered why the manufacturers cap resistance in TC mode to 1.5 ohms. Does anyone know why a higher value is not allowed? I would also downgrade max watts from 75 to 40 if it were possible. I never go above 30.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I hesitate to try this firmware because my vtc mini is working fine, doing what I want. If it somehow enhanced TC performance that might be interesting. I've wondered why the manufacturers cap resistance in TC mode to 1.5 ohms. Does anyone know why a higher value is not allowed? I would also downgrade max watts from 75 to 40 if it were possible. I never go above 30.
I almost exclusively use TC these days and I'm on the fence on this too. Looks like there are some tweaks to the TC functions. You can choose between modes (sweet, boost and PID) and control F temp in 5 degree intervals rather than 10. You can also edit the TCR values of the stock presets if you want.

Not TC related, but one thing that caught my eye is that you can control screen brightness. I was having a hard time reading my screen while outdoors just yesterday.

So I'm a little torn between playing with a new toy and "don't fix what ain't broke". :)

Meanwhile, I just picked up another EVIC VTC Mini and an EVIC VTwo Mini on sale at Eciggity during its 25% off everything sale. Stuck in some coils and a couple of 25Rs to get the free shipping. (I've been using 30Qs, but I've been meaning to try the 25Rs anyway.)

I look at other mods all the time, but I have yet to find a reasonably-priced mod with a better, more readable screen - for my purposes, anyway.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I almost exclusively use TC these days and I'm on the fence on this too. Looks like there are some tweaks to the TC functions. You can choose between modes (sweet, boost and PID) and control F temp in 5 degree intervals rather than 10. You can also edit the TCR values of the stock presets if you want.

Not TC related, but one thing that caught my eye is that you can control screen brightness. I was having a hard time reading my screen while outdoors just yesterday.

So I'm a little torn between playing with a new toy and "don't fix what ain't broke". :)

Meanwhile, I just picked up another EVIC VTC Mini and an EVIC VTwo Mini on sale at Eciggity during its 25% off everything sale. Stuck in some coils and a couple of 25Rs to get the free shipping. (I've been using 30Qs, but I've been meaning to try the 25Rs anyway.)

I look at other mods all the time, but I have yet to find a reasonably-priced mod with a better, more readable screen - for my purposes, anyway.
I see you bought both the vtc and vtwo. What is the benefit of the earlier version that's not in the vtwo? I recall they may have upgraded battery safety on the newer version. I'm going to stockpile a few of these. What is the reason to pick one or the other?

Reactions: pufZeppelin

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I see you bought both the vtc and vtwo. What is the benefit of the earlier version that's not in the vtwo? I recall they may have upgraded battery safety on the newer version. I'm going to stockpile a few of these. What is the reason to pick one or the other?
I hate to admit it, but it was just price and color availability. I have a gold Evic VTC Mini with Tron that I've been quite happy with. I wanted a gray VTC Mini - so I could tell it apart from the gold one at a glance - and a gold VTwo Mini, thinking I could tell the two golds apart by the clock display. I wanted a VTwo Mini just so I could compare it with the original VTC Mini vape-wise. I wear a wristwatch so the clock doesn't do much for me.

Unfortunately, the colors I wanted for each of the respective models were out-of-stock, so I ended up with a gray VTwo and a second gold VTC Mini. <shrug> I'll probably use the clear silicone case that is supposed to come with the gray VTwo Mini with the new gold VTC Mini and use a spare black silicone case I already have with the gray VTwo Mini.

Didn't realize there was any difference in battery safety protection. :blink:

Reactions: gerrymi

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Didn't realize there was any difference in battery safety protection. :blink:

Huh. Me either. I just looked it up and found this info, that says "eVic VTwo Mini applies two sets of battery protection circuit system, realizing overall battery protection of over-charging,
over-current and over-discharging, which makes it more safe and reliable." There are some other changes, but mostly to the display, I think, and there are some new colors.

Well, I had the V1 on order at fasttech, but cancelled and got the V2, just for the extra safety protection, because hey, why not? The prices between the two are about the same there, oddly.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Is this clock available for VTC Mini?
or I just read it wrong?

I have both ... No clock with the VTC Mini. The VTwo Mini has the clock function.

BTW ... I previously lived in Bacolod City!

XYoGrim.jpg

Reactions: bullet

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
hey there!

Is this clock available for VTC Mini?
or I just read it wrong?

I meant theone posted about Ferox's firmware???

With the custom firmware, yes clock works, however to maintain proper time you have to prevent the mod from going into sleep mode, easy enough, just choose the option in menu.
Latest firmware with profiles, Escribe like monitoring of device, and of course ability to use clock.

NFE Team

bullet

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2011
Philippines
I have both ... No clock with the VTC Mini. The VTwo Mini has the clock function.

BTW ... I previously lived in Bacolod City!

XYoGrim.jpg

Thank you sir, I meant using the CFW on a vtc mini.
ccwater below said it could be done.

Proud to be pinoy.
Vape proud, sir! :)

With the custom firmware, yes clock works, however to maintain proper time you have to prevent the mod from going into sleep mode, easy enough, just choose the option in menu.
Latest firmware with profiles, Escribe like monitoring of device, and of course ability to use clock.

NFE Team

Thank you sir.
Will try it out later.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Not my forum, but you can use Chrome and set it to auto translate. Not really needed though as when you go to download it from GitHub it is all English including docs.

to answer your question, yes toolbox is for updating firmware, setting up options/profiles, and monitoring device. Firmware is universal for multiple devices including VTC Mini.

Reactions: bullet

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
update:
my evic mini, now over 1 yr old, its my dd as i vape 30 mls/day on it, paint is all but gone.
was having firing issues but now the tactile feel has gone, no more click, but the power button has transformed itself to a featherlite touch firing button w/no misfires lol.
just touching the button ever so lightly will fire it, easy on the thumb and no more misfiring but i have to turn it off if putting it in my pocket just in case of accidental firing.
i have taken it apart and cleaned w/alcohol but the click is not coming back, i can live w/that as theres no more mashing of the button to get it to fire.

evicpaint1.jpg

evicpaint.jpg

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
update:
my evic mini, now over 1 yr old, its my dd as i vape 30 mls/day on it, paint is all but gone.
was having firing issues but now the tactile feel has gone, no more click, but the power button has transformed itself to a featherlite touch firing button w/no misfires lol.
just touching the button ever so lightly will fire it, easy on the thumb and no more misfiring but i have to turn it off if putting it in my pocket just in case of accidental firing.
i have taken it apart and cleaned w/alcohol but the click is not coming back, i can live w/that as theres no more mashing of the button to get it to fire.

evicpaint1.jpg

evicpaint.jpg

If you have a medium level of mechanical ability and don't mind working with small stuff you could replace the little domed metal in the switch, it is what provides the tactile contact. Just buy the same size switch from a place like FeeBay, probably a few $$ shipped for a small Q. Carefully take it apart, requires a small bladed tool, precision screwdriver will work, replace the small metallic domed piece, and your back in biz.

Reactions: vincom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread