evic vt problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd hamilton

Aug 24, 2016
hello everyone, my names todd and im very new to vaping. i got a evic vt and am having some trouble with it and wondering if anyone can help. it will only work in wattage mode no matter what coil is in. i put a new titanium coil in and when using temp mode it goes into protection. but if you put into wattage it works perfectly. any help would be great. thanks

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
hello everyone, my names todd and im very new to vaping. i got a evic vt and am having some trouble with it and wondering if anyone can help. it will only work in wattage mode no matter what coil is in. i put a new titanium coil in and when using temp mode it goes into protection. but if you put into wattage it works perfectly. any help would be great. thanks

1. Nickel and Titanium coils should be used only in Temperature Control.

2. Kanthal, and Nichrome can be used in Wattage mode.

3. Stainless Steel can be used either in power mode or Temperature Control.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

Welcome Todd,

Not sure, but it sounds like "I put a new titanium coil in and when using temp mode it goes into protection" sounds like it's working just fine. Typically, the Power setting of TC is to facilitate the coil's ramp-up to the temperature you set. Once the coil hits the set temperature, power will dwindle, just enough to hold the coil at temp. Hence, you won't overdrive the coil.

As others have mentioned, DON'T run Ti or Ni coils in straight power mode. If the device supports SS, you can run SS coils in TC mode.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Yes - if it's working and then saying 'Temp Protected' or similar, that just means that it's reached it's set temperature and that power has been gated to the coil just to maintain temp.

It's doing it's job, basically - do they not provide a manual with these devices that tell you how the modes work? Am genuinely curious.
Sure they supply a manual,, it's the microscope that's lacking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread