Evic VT temp protection??

Status
Not open for further replies.

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Just recently got my VT and yesterday i tried the VT for the first time and worked amazing. Today same coil same setup is keep cutting off. Short time workaround was to reset the coil but it's not such a straight fix as it goes back in pulsating and cutting off (Temp protection) once I put it down for a minute. Very annoying stuff.
I don;t agree with people who say you should only use it at 450-480 , that doesn't work well with some juice like Bobba's Bounty where you want a cooler vape. I vaped Bobba's last night at 380 and was the best flavour I ever got from that juice but today complete crap.
VW mode worked flawlessly for days now only VT seems to be a pain. BTW, I used Subtank original with Ni AWG28 at 40W.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Just recently got my VT and yesterday i tried the VT for the first time and worked amazing. Today same coil same setup is keep cutting off. Short time workaround was to reset the coil but it's not such a straight fix as it goes back in pulsating and cutting off (Temp protection) once I put it down for a minute. Very annoying stuff.
I don;t agree with people who say you should only use it at 450-480 , that doesn't work well with some juice like Bobba's Bounty where you want a cooler vape. I vaped Bobba's last night at 380 and was the best flavour I ever got from that juice but today complete crap.
VW mode worked flawlessly for days now only VT seems to be a pain. BTW, I used Subtank original with Ni AWG28 at 40W.
Sounds like a connection issue..... The v1 sub tank often doesn't play well with the evic vt

Reactions: look30

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
What's wrong with hitting TP? That's the mod doing its job.... It doesn't suddenly shut off all vape when it does, it cuts power down, then raises power as temp drops. As long as I don't have my wattage set too high, it's barely discernable when it does this unless I'm watching in a mirror.....
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
What's wrong with hitting TP? That's the mod doing its job.... It doesn't suddenly shut off all vape when it does, it cuts power down, then raises power as temp drops. As long as I don't have my wattage set too high, it's barely discernable when it does this unless I'm watching in a mirror.....

If it's set too low you end up at single digit watts!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
If it's set too low you end up at single digit watts!
You end up at single digit watts when that's all that's needed to maintain set temp, I.e. No airflow over the coil by firing it but not drawing.... Draw on it, and watch the watts climb! :p (I have never hit single digit watts while drawing on the mod, even set at 400, but hit <5 almost immediately if not drawing..... That's the mod doing it's thing properly :p)

Reactions: GeorgeS

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Sounds like a connection issue..... The v1 sub tank often doesn't play well with the evic vt

Yeah , the screws on that RBA are very loose so I made a new build in a Subtank mini this time , super tight screws and made sure to twist the wire around them for full contact . Better but not acceptable for me yet. Works fine if you chain vape but once you let it down for a few minutes goes back to the TC cutting off and weak vape. Workaround is to remove the atty and hope that the VT will allow resetting the resistance... I am kind of out of options now.
What is the recommended resistance for coils ? Mine turned out at 0.11-0.14 ohm , 7 wraps on a 2.5 mm pin spaced.
Any taught on this ?

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Same exact issue I have.

Hey thats my video. There are about five plus more. Can you pm me your vendor? I want to see if these units are specific to them but i dont want tomcreate drama about a vendor off a hunch

I use my Kayfuns on this all the time, and they work beautifully - it won't fry your cotton!
all i can say is they both have. Its a horribke device hat never works as advertised.

Tonight i was using a goblin mini on it built at .05. Built a kayfun to .12. Kayfun 4 with gold soring , i should soecify the lite gives me less issues, i waited w bit fir he battery to cool. The kf4 was unused and cool. I popped it on. It dodnt promot me for a new coil. At rhe .16 it was reading and set to 350 it burned right theough my cotton. I tried ti rewixk i tried to teigger jew coil over and kver using every possible step

Nothing

So i think there are a large anount of these boxes in circulation not working well at all based in ehat im reading.

Anyway i loathe the device. Completely inreliavke joytech garbage bend of the day ot doesnt recognize new coils like it should. Doesnt lock resistance like it should. And goes crazy with temperature as a result. Completely unreliable the opposite of what it should be.

Appreciate your positivity. But its been two weeks and twonunits with six atomizers. It works reliably with one so i know what it should he doing. 1/5 isnt good enough

Btw yiu have my sisters name. Same last initial ajd live where she lives. Wonder if you're her

Last edited:

Kwtony

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2014
Key West
I couldn't live without my VT box..I really hope you get your issue solved out . Im rocking a .41 ohm Ti coil on this beast and its amazing.

436E4044-F2CF-4B07-B3F5-7EB21754964D-9173-0000030A30197566_zpsr99aypdt.jpg

Reactions: AlaskaVaper

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Subtank is just as bad as the kayfuns for me. It diesnt read it correctly unless its screwed halfway out and the ni coils kanger has are awful. The rba built dkes a bit better but not much

I really think its a 510 issue

Maybe a shipment had their sensors knocked around

By the way how can we tell when its finished charging. Ive only ever had to chargenit tonight

Battery flashes empty then full?

For anyone with kayfun issues the gold spring helps a lot. Also complete cleaning oit as juice can collect ij the very bottom piece.

Unfortunately if you have a clone the only way to get a gold spring ive seen is at 101 vapes as part of the repair kit 1 which is about $16 shipped. Offical kf4 owners can get them free or for shipping from the vendor you ordered from typically

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Not unless you live in B.C!
Nope!
Most of the people who had the same problems as you are describing, my self included at first, learned it was the builds, not the mod, that was the problem. Just sayin. Now I've learned if I have a build that drops out of tc, I scrap it and rebuild

I get that but it's just not the case with mine if it was, the nickel heads in sub tanks would work and my buikds would be flakey in other tc devices.

The evic. In my experience. Is just super buggy. I havent had it drop out if temp mode which is usually caused by iffy or loose builds. I have it constantly fail to recognize coils. Ever practically. Except one tank. An Goblin mini which is built to .05.

Ive posted about eight videos on issues. And my vendor is indirtunately sorts messing me around here. I just want rhis bloody thing gone. A temp control device that cant do temp control is no good to ke.

Id buy it was my buikds if orebuild nickel didnt do the same kr worse ajd my builds sucked in other tc devices.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Nope!

I get that but it's just not the case with mine if it was, the nickel heads in sub tanks would work and my buikds would be flakey in other tc devices.

The evic. In my experience. Is just super buggy. I havent had it drop out if temp mode which is usually caused by iffy or loose builds. I have it constantly fail to recognize coils. Ever practically. Except one tank. An Goblin mini which is built to .05.

Ive posted about eight videos on issues. And my vendor is indirtunately sorts messing me around here. I just want rhis bloody thing gone. A temp control device that cant do temp control is no good to ke.

Id buy it was my buikds if orebuild nickel didnt do the same kr worse ajd my builds sucked in other tc devices.

Can't you have the vendor exchange it for a good one? Mine works perfectly - it does sound as if you got a lemon :-(

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Nope!

Kanger ni200 occ coils........ Are crud.
If your only experience with prebuilt coils not working right, judging by the kanger coils is not fair to the mod. The evic resistance meter is sensitive, the occ coil grommet and pin design isn't good for stable resistance....fluctuations you would never notice in VW, are bad news in tc

Reactions: Thayamax

Nakioki

Oct 22, 2013
Torrance, Ca
Just saw this thread and I want to chime in... apologies I didn't get to read everything in here. I just sped through it.

I'm also having problems with my evic vt. I purchased mine last month and it was working well. I been using my Silo Beast with Ni200 coil (vaporshark) and it's been putting out like a champ. Also been using my goblin mini on it and worked fine. Been making awesome builds on it and it's putting out good clouds. Anyways, it started last week when I noticed my evic VT would stop firing or won't even read my tanks. I've done nothing different. Been using the same coils in my tanks and I know they're good. It started with fluctuating resistance then it came to a point where it wont read anymore. I even changed the coil on my silo beast and still nothing.

I emailed joyetech.. but who knows if they'll get back at me. I made a video of this.

First Tank I used has nickel coils. Second tank had normal kanthal build @ .44ohms...

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I've had my VT for about two and a half weeks now. After some investigative work and personal observation, this is what I've figured out.
At least some VTs have positive 510 pins that aren't spring loaded, or are stuck at some point in their travel. This isn't a problem for the Ego One mega tank or other tanks that the positive pin on the 510 connector protrudes slightly from the start of the (negative) threads.
On older kanger tanks the positive pin of the 510 base is flush with the threads and can't make a solid connection to the a VT with a positive pin stuck in the fully depressed position.
Once I noticed this I got trouble free operation as long as I make sure the 510 connector of a particular atomizer won't give me trouble.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
The thing is... the goblin has adjustment pin and protrudes out as well as my Silo Beast.

I've also tested my drippers on this and still doesn't read them.

Also what I noticed is that it makes a decent connection when I unscrew my atty half way to a point where the tank can rattle side to side.
Yours sounds like a short in the 510, maybe unscrew the top of the mod and check, could be something simple like a foreign object stuck in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread