Evic VT temp protection??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellion

Sep 27, 2015
Unlock resistance, unscrew atty, turn mod off, screw atty back on (make sure it's at room temp.) turn mod back on, wait till ohms comes up, lock resistance..... Try that.
Made an account just to like and comment on this. Doing this has solved any problems I have had. Just unlock resistance unscrew the atomizer and screw it back on. When it asks if it's a new coil say yes. As you use a coil the resistance can change slightly and this seems to make a difference in how the mod reads the temperature of the coil. Thanks for the post. =)

dascud

Nov 30, 2015
Slough, UK
Hi all. Noobie to this forum here. 1st post

So having read all of these posts I e-mailed Joyetech as I purchased the VT last week and was curious as I too had protection mode flash up quite a bit

Temperatures:
Joyetech suggested the following temperatures:

"Ni coil at about 440-550F at 60W and the Ti coils at 420-510F at 60W"

The wattage doesn't matter in temperature control mode, the wattage setting only depicts how quickly the coil gets heated up/up to your selected temperature

This brings us onto:

Protection Mode:
As Joyetech said in their e-mail to me, this is simply the safety feature. So if you select say 480 Degrees F on the Nickel coils, you will notice the device flickers between various temperatures and protection mode. Protection mode kicks in when your coil is at the selected temperature (to stop it getting any hotter). This is the whole idea of temperature control, a bit like a cars cruise control. Hits the limit and goes off and on to stay at that temperature.

So I follow the above and get great cool clouds (I opted for 38w and 480F) ..... even though Protection mode flashes on the screen longer than any temperatures.

I would say if it isn't firing at all after following the above, then it is faulty.

Hope sharing that helped.

Fair play to Joyetech UK though - I emailed my questions via their web site and they emailed me back straight away answering my queries.

My Kit:
Evic VT/ego One Mega (yellow)
Innokin CoolFire IV
1 iSub Apex
2 Kangertech SubTank Minis
eleaf iStick 30w

Contemplating dripping but scares me lol

Have a good day :)

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
......it is great :)
From my experience having two minis, it is about as good as a single 18650 device can get. The real beauty is that the firmware is up-gradable and that Joytech is doing a very good job keeping the device current with new development such as providing for SS wire. Their software upgrade process works perfectly on both the Mac and Windose machines. This is rare from Chinese mfg's.

Reactions: dascud

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
eVic VT is the only Temperature Control mod made that got it right. All other companies are light years behind them. My Aspire Pegasus TC is not even worth using it in TC. Sigelei is to plain and no features but works ok so I just use it in wattage. IPV D2 got it right. Wife and I like TC if working properly. Some topper companies can not make a decent coil worth vaping in TC. Spit and gurgle and flood in two days. It can get frustrating getting everything set and a good tank to work with it. CHEERS!

Reactions: dascud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread