Evic vtc mini replacement options

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekks082

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Denver, CO
I have been running a evic vtc mini for awhile now and have no complaints. But have started working 12 hour days at work and the single battery does not cut it anymore. I'm sick of charging and swapping battery's all the time.

I'm looking for a duel 18650 mod. The max wattage is not a huge concern but size is. I don't want something huge that's really clunky to carry around.

Not looking to spend over $50-75. So name brands arnt a huge concern either.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
how old are your batteries, maybe time for 3-5 LG 3000mah's. I charge every 2 days with 3 2500mah and 2 bay charger been thinking about getting 2 more and 4 bay charger or just charge them back to back about 11 hrs. Get an extra day without charging. Thought about getting a RX200 but then my brain kicked in, 3 batteries will die at the same speed lol... just save 5 secs swamping them out.

xJoseph

Sep 3, 2016
Joyetech Cuboid 150W upgradeable to 200W(You know that number are ridiculous) Upgradeable firmware just like vtc mini changeable logo and stuff. (44.95$ at Directvapor)
Eleaf iStick PICO 75W great little mod great to travel with my experience (Takes only single batt, 39.95$ at Direct vapor)
Pioneer4you IPV5 200W little big but very slim very stable output power (only 49.65$ at Directvapor)
Eleaf iStick 100W very compact great amount of power but its not gonna blow clouds like mech mod or something like that upgradeable firmware (29.95$ at Directvapor)
Tesla Invader 3 240ish watt mod What I mean by that is the wattage really depends on your coils.This mod is my fav HOWEVER I do not recommend this mod to a beginner id you are not familiar with ohm's law or something like that stay away from this (This mod is counted as HALF mech mod) (44.95$ at Directvapor)
That's all the dual box mod that I have experience with.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Saying it takes 5 secs to change batteries. You'll still be charging them at the same time. If your vaping high watts and putting alot of stress on one battery then yeah 2 will last longer at same watts then switching between 2 in the VTC mini. Wonder if you just need new or better batteries though, a 3000mAh LG should last a 12 hr work day unless your job is vaping and you vape 50W+ lol.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Oh lol, ok. When you get a chanceto read volts of a fully charged battery let me know. 2 battery mod probably a good idea anyways at 60w/3.2/0.9 your running the max CDR. Won't vent or anything but it'll burn through the chemicals faster so a battery that lasts 300 charges before replacing may only last 150. Will get longer life per charge and overall as well saving you money in the long term. Only be running about 10A each instead of roughly 21A to 1. The added 10% takes in to account power to run the chip and sag in the battery life plus roughly 5% the chip maybe be off itself. Added safety.

Last edited:

Sickbabies

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2016
New York
You could also look into using lower wattage with more efficient coils. And with that you could check out single 26650 DNA75 mods. I personally like the HotCig DX75 and with a .8 Ohm 2.5mm ID 8wrap of 28AWG 316L stainless steel wire (less resistance than kanthal but same wire mass, it's incredibly efficient) running at 14W it lasts for a little over a week with BASEN Black 26650's

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    While the least expensive option is to simply get a protective case for an extra battery and carry it along with your mod, many of us go with the dual battery mod.

As already mentioned, the new VTC dual, eLeaf TC100 and Cuboid are all good inexpensive 2x18650 options. Also worth noting is if your using fairly low energy builds switching to a 26650 mod could get you much more run time as well.

About the only time I carry extra charged batteries is when I go camping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread