eVic Vtc Mini Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

majnu

Sep 9, 2013
United Kingdom
I received my Joyetech eVic VTC Mini a few days ago and updated it to the latest firmware version 1.20.

After 30 mins I started having issues and my experience with this device is going to be short lived if I cannot get it sorted

- I place a new atomizer and it is temperamental, i.e it doesn't ask if it is new or the same coil.
- When I go back to vaping an hour later when it has cooled down it will ask me if I placed a new coil on it.
- Sometimes whilst vaping it asks if I have a new coil attached.
- It is not sensitive enough to newly built coils that have a minor change in resistance as much as 0.1ohm where it should trigger if a new coil has been placed.
- Temp protection mode just activates and stops vapour production. I have a 0.19ohm build on a velocity RDA using dual coil Ti wire. I use muji cotton for wicks and they aren't dry i.e they are fully saturated wicks and coil.

I've set it up at 315c, 35Watts. I've tried lower temps 280c and higher Wattages and it still does the same. I'm using a Velocity RDA and fully charged Samsung IMR 30Q batteries.

Because I can't post links there is a youtube video that shows how to circumvent the problem but the coil and device are not normalized at room temp. Locking the resistance in or not at this stage and firing the device I can see the resistance rise which is not supposed to happen especially when it is locked.

When I come back to vape half 5 mins or even an hour later when the device and atty has cooled down the temp protection kicks in again and I am back to square one.

For a company that calls it'self Joytech their products certainly aren't a joy to use.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I received my Joyetech eVic VTC Mini a few days ago and updated it to the latest firmware version 1.20.

After 30 mins I started having issues and my experience with this device is going to be short lived if I cannot get it sorted

- I place a new atomizer and it is temperamental, i.e it doesn't ask if it is new or the same coil.
- When I go back to vaping an hour later when it has cooled down it will ask me if I placed a new coil on it.
- Sometimes whilst vaping it asks if I have a new coil attached.
- It is not sensitive enough to newly built coils that have a minor change in resistance as much as 0.1ohm where it should trigger if a new coil has been placed.
- Temp protection mode just activates and stops vapour production. I have a 0.19ohm build on a velocity RDA using dual coil Ti wire. I use muji cotton for wicks and they aren't dry i.e they are fully saturated wicks and coil.

I've set it up at 315c, 35Watts. I've tried lower temps 280c and higher Wattages and it still does the same. I'm using a Velocity RDA and fully charged Samsung IMR 30Q batteries.

Because I can't post links there is a youtube video that shows how to circumvent the problem but the coil and device are not normalized at room temp. Locking the resistance in or not at this stage and firing the device I can see the resistance rise which is not supposed to happen especially when it is locked.

When I come back to vape half 5 mins or even an hour later when the device and atty has cooled down the temp protection kicks in again and I am back to square one.

For a company that calls it'self Joytech their products certainly aren't a joy to use.

Try either cleaning your contacts or try a different tank/rda on it, from all the evidence its a connection/coil issue

It wont always ask if its a new coil, if the coil is within a certain 0.x of an ohm its not going to bother you. You can sometimes force its hand by removing the tank/rda, then pressing fire, before putting the tank/rda back on. The DNA40 did the same thing when i had one, didnt always ask new coil? unless it was a marginally different ohmage.

Im using a (lowly) Lemo 2 with a 0.14ohm nickel build in it at 480f and a 35w ceiling and it works perfectly (it tops out around 26w in TC). If i swap the Lemo 2 for my Crown (with 0.3 ohn SS RDA build) it asks me for a new coil. If i then put the Lemo 2 back on it wont always ask me new coil? as it tends to remember.

I just did the following and no prompt, just to prove a point. Took the Lemo 2 off, took the battery out, waited 30 seconds. Put the battery back in. Powered it on. Entered the menu with 3 clicks, which immediately removed atty lock. Put the Lemo 2 back on...no new coil prompt...relocked the atty. Pressed fire...same old vape.

When you figure out the cconnection/coil issue the other key is to lock the resistance when the coil is at room temp, before you fire it.

And it is normal for the display to show the resistance rising as you fire it, its just displaying the current status, the locked value remains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread