Not open for further replies.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I just heard back from ecigbestsave and was told that mine were sent after that date and have the extra overload protection.

I got mine set from Vape Dojo and have no idea. Sent them the notice and inquired about getting replacements for mine. Waiting to hear back from them for my kit and DV for hubby's.

shannannagans

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Alabama USA
From VaporAlley:

Our apologies for sending out an email so quick.
Please read this entire second notice.
!!!RECALL NOTICE ON THE EVOD BATTERIES!!!
If you purchased any eVod batteries or kit you must stop use IMMEDIATELY!!!
VaporAlley saw the recall online. We have not been contacted by Kanger or any other supplier.
DO NOT use ANY eVod battery until we get to the bottom of this. (I don't care what color it is).

When we have more info from Kanger (likely tomorrow/Friday) we will resend you an email with proper instruction on how we will handle returns.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, but regardless...DISCONTINUE using or charging ANY eVod batteries and turn them off, until further notice. (Which will come very soon)

everman7

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2011
Arizona
I've got 3 matte black batteries that my wife uses...
I got two from the starter kit and one spare.
I bought all of them from discountvapers before June.

She keeps them in her purse when at work and tends to leave them in the couch cushions at home, so I freaked her out telling her they may explode.
The news was too new, so I hadn't read the whole recall. Apparently it's only when charging that they have a chance to go BOOM.

I bought those 3 batteries to replace 2 aging ego pass-thrus I started vaping with. I hope the old ones hold up until this is resolved, she's not getting my provari!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Vape Dojo said they've heard nothing from Kanger and that the problems are just speculation. Told me to continue using my Kangers! :shock:

Sent from Tapatalk.

Thanks for posting this. Any vendor that isn't proactive on an issue like this which could be a real danger just lost my business. I firmly believe in better to be safe.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Mine remains out of the rotation until the matter gets resolved.

It's sounding a lot like a particular shipment to Heaven-Gift had some bad cells.

It's early morning in Shanghai and Hong Kong right now. I bet we see some more info by the time we all go to bed tonight.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Thanks for posting this. Any vendor that isn't proactive on an issue like this which could be a real danger just lost my business. I firmly believe in better to be safe.

Same here! I am most likely out an eCig kit and the EVODS were my go to batteries! Wish I hadn't been so impatient to have the pink kit, now! Guess I just learned a hard lesson!

Sent from Tapatalk.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Same here! I am most likely out an eCig kit and the EVODS were my go to batteries! Wish I hadn't been so impatient to have the pink kit, now! Guess I just learned a hard lesson!

Sent from Tapatalk.

Hopefully VD will come to their senses and you get your money back for that kit.
I mean seriously what with this news all over they can't expect you to use those batts.
Don't be hard on yourself..none of us could have anticipated this recall.
(Off - topic: I like pink too ^_^)

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,
Vape Dojo said they've heard nothing from Kanger and that the problems are just speculation. Told me to continue using my Kangers! :shock:

Sent from Tapatalk.
I just received a evod kit 2 days ago for a friend...and now it shows sold out of all colors...i figured they took em offline until they figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread