Recall/Warning Evod Battery Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestino

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey everyone, I just received a reply from our Kanger rep and here's what she had to say:

Celestino,
Sorry to reply too late.
We had a meeting about evod battery just now.
We sold some evod kits to Heaven Gifts in March,2013.
It is the first trade agency to get the evod kits,so maybe the products were not mature,there were
several batteries with a potential security liability.
So there are no problem about all evod orders except several parts in Heaven Gifts.
We will give a formal statement about this issue on the website later.
So don't worry about this issue.
Best regards,
Nicole

Just to be sure I emailed them again:

Yes,our boss said that in the meeting.
we will give a formal statement on our offical website later.

--------------
Are you 100% positive?

Although they mentioned all other eVods should be ok, we still highly recommend that you contact your supplier and have them check with their rep!

c0de

Aug 11, 2012
USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Supplier Rules

Neena

Dec 5, 2012
New York
I received an email from ecigbest save this morning with a copy of an email they received from Kanger. The batteries in question were distributed from Heaven Gifts only. kanger evod statement.jpg

Date:Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Subject:From VaporAlley.com, EVOD RECALL UPDATE

eVod Battery update.
Again, our apologies for sending out emails to.hastily.
It appears that only eVod batteries that where purchased through Heaven-Gifts are effected.

We did not purchase ours through Heaven-Gifts.

Regardless:
VaporAlley always recommend the following cautions with ANY eCig battery:

Batteries
*Be advised that certain batteries on this page are Lithium Cells. We duly caution you that the nature of lithium ion batteries requires the use of a safety charging bag (available here), as lithium cells are known to possibly ignite while charging..
*By purchasing a battery or charger you acknowledge that charging lithium cells is not without risk..
*We highly recommend that you charge your batteries inside a 'Charging.Bag' or within a closed biscuit tin with gas vent holes drilled in it. The Bag or tin MUST be placed on a non-igniting surface such as tiles or stone. It must NOT be placed on wood, carpet or a worktop..
*Do NOT charge batteries unattended..
*Do NOT leave batteries on charge once fully recharged..
*UNPLUG the charger when finished charging your batteries.

Reactions: Smokey James

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    That sucks for those who ordered their batteries through Heaven's Gifts, but glad mine aren't affected. Thanks, Sonic for the link to the official recall!

Just remember that Heavens Gift is a wholesaler, and many vendors order products from them. That's why it's important to ask your vender who they buy their evod batteries from.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2011
    Southern Wisconsin
    www.facebook.com
    Just remember that Heavens Gift is a wholesaler, and many vendors order products from them. That's why it's important to ask your vender who they buy their evod batteries from.

Thank you for that information! I was assured by both vendors that I was in the clear! :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US

This is an important point... contact your vendor if you've bought any evod batts from any vendor.

Catherine Moll

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    GA
    As far as I know, he is a tabby cat. We found him living under our porch a few years back and adopted him.
    Oh ok in that photo I can see more yellow on him, yeah a tabby. A Turkest van has a striped tail and has some color on their head but %90 of them are white. I had one a few years back and he would swim in the pool with the kids. Glad you adopted him and gave him a great forever home. I have 3 calicoes inside.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2011
    Southern Wisconsin
    www.facebook.com
    Oh ok in that photo I can see more yellow on him, yeah a tabby. A Turkest van has a striped tail and has some color on their head but %90 of them are white. I had one a few years back and he would swim in the pool with the kids. Glad you adopted him and gave him a great forever home. I have 3 calicoes inside.

A Turkish Van sounds beautiful! I remember having a cat that was all white, as a child, with a colored tail! She was so pretty! She came from a Calico Mother. I love cats! Calicos are precious. I have one that looks like a tortoiseshell, but she has some white on her chest. I've been told that technically she isn't a tortoiseshell because of that white patch.

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    Thank you for posting! I just did order my first Kanger Evod batteries and they arrived just today!

I just sent an email to the vendor, my first purchase from them, and they replied within minutes:

Jul 20 4:14am
    Jayson Vaughn replied
    We are going to go ahead and replace all the batteries we sent just to be safe. Sorry for the issues. An email will be going out soon. Your new batteries will ship just as soon as we have them in hand. Looks like Monday as of right now.

Thanks!

--
    Jayson Vaughn
    EliteVaporworks.com
    888-95-VAPOR
    info@elitevaporworks.com

Great response, I will use this vendor again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread