evod/ego style battery power usage question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got a 1000mah evod vv a couple weeks ago and I like alright for now for how I vape.
The problem is I'm away from home for work for 12 hours minimum. On a full charge it either dies on the way home (45 minute commute) or right when I get home.
I started charging it when I can and carry a spare 650mah at work to avoid that problem.
I was locking the battery between breaks and stealth vapes but it didn't seem to have any effect on battery life.
All of this to ask, do the batteries in the evod/ego etc style constantly use power? I'm sorry this is a total newb question but it seems like batteries shouldn't die just sitting not being used...right?
In searching the forum it seemed to me the pcb/regulator deal--newbie sorry--draws power all the time but I wasn't sure just want to know the answer for curiosity sake.

molimelight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Columbia, MO
If all you're doing is vaping on breaks and the occasional stealth vape, a 1000 mAh battery should easily last all day. For instance, I have a 1000 mAh and a 650 mAh eGo C-Twist and either one will last an entire day on one charge. That's from waking at 05:30 AM and retiring at 10:00 PM, and never powering it down, with fairly heavy vaping in the morning and evening and just breaks and the occasional stealth vape at work. If you bought it locally, you might see if you can exchange it. But if it's both the 650 and 1000 maybe that brand of battery has a limited charge life. In which case you might try another brand, like a Spinner or a Joye eGo C-Twist, or maybe try something like an MVP.

Thanks for the replies. I did buy it locally and I think I will see if they'll exchange it, they have a 90 day warranty for any defects (that are not drop related that is). My 650 mah seems to last almost as long but I just thought the 1000 mah was draining quickly because I use it at about 3.7-4.0 volts depending on coil (shooting for 8 watts). But, from what you're telling me it seems I should be getting more usage from it. For example I charged it for 2 hours at work between break and lunch vaped on both, charged it for an hour or so later in the night before getting home and vaped on it on the way home and was up for 2 hours before bed vaping off and on and it died right before bed...seems odd.

molimelight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Columbia, MO
It is not the battery. Carry a spare. 3.7-4.0V yup you will drain it faster. I bet you your 650 is not a twist, therefore it runs at 3.3V under load. AAMOF you can expect 8-9hrs on a 650, and about 6-7 hrs on a twist or VV battery.

But I don't think he's getting near the 6 to 7 hours you mentioned for the 1000 mAh. Just from his description, he charges it for two hours at work, which should be enough for a full charge. Then he vapes lunch and one break while at work, say 1.5 hours if he has a long lunch and break. Charges it another hour, then vapes on the 45 minute drive home, we'll call it an hour. And then off and on for two hours before retiring and it's dead by that point. That's a generous estimate of 4.5 hours of vaping with an extra hour of charging during it and it's completely dead. That just doesn't seem right for a 1000 mAh battery. In the example I gave of my eGo C-Twist, 1000 mAh and the 650 mAh, also an eGo C-Twist, I am usually in the 3.7 to 4.0 V range and vape for two hours before work, lunch and breaks during an 8 hour work day, and then in the evening from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM and I have seldom run one down completely.

The only other variable I can think of is, how are you charging it, in the wall with an adapter, or from your computer? If from the computer, you might not be getting a full charge.

90 day exchange is pretty good. Might as well try it and see if a different one will do better. If it doesn't, you might try something with a bigger battery, like an MVP. It's not as portable, and a little more expensive, but that battery will last for days.

I'm charging from a wall charger that came with the EVOD kit I initially got which charges the 650 just fine so I don't think it's the charger. A guy I work with vapes more than me and told me his 1000 mah battery (can't remember the brand now) lasts for 2 days before dying. So I'm not sure what to think. If it helps to put it in perspective I'm vaping just under 2 ml of juice a day. I'm gonna try to see exactly how long it lasts this weekend before taking it in to the B&M...it's about an hour from my house.

edit: looked on kangers website they claim 7 hours on the 1000mah vv and looked at some reviews on youtube which said the battery didn't last the day for them...so i'm thinking it might just be what it is.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Because of the vaping styles and frequency of varying individuals, a better measure of longevity is liquid consumed vice # of days. e.g My 650 twist gives me about 4.5hrs, whilst one could presume that a 1300 Vision spinner would last twice as long. Nope 6.5-7hrs, disappointing to say the least but they have been consistent. Both batts used at 4-4.2V

Yeah, I am thinking there is no problem with my battery it was just I had an expectation that wasn't realistic hehe. I fully charged it last night and kept track of how long till it died today and I got about 6ish hours vape time from it at 4V.
Now I feel silly for thinking I had an issue...Ill just be carrying my 650 along for the ride for now.
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Very helpful to an apparently paranoid newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread