Evod leaking help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodkaiser

Nov 9, 2013
Puerto Rico
Since I bought my Kanger Evod starter kit, I have noticed a small amount of leakage in my battery. I have tried so many things, I have checked about everything there is to it and I cant find a solution, I have tried also the double grommet to make a better seal and I still get this small amount of e juice in my battery.

0b502752-06f6-4680-9eea-c0986df64bdf.jpg 0bb9f0f0-5d50-4a4c-9c42-2144c2e6d33d.jpg d95babe6-c6a3-41f6-b773-1042c18be3f2.jpg

Has anyone had a solution to this? And what would be a good recommended tank that will not leak or rarely ever leaks?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
:blink: I'm looking but I don't see it. If it's only a small amount that falls into the realm of "normal". For all of these devices that is where air gets into the tank - and there is a possibility of a small amount of liquid coming out as well. If it's only what looks like a small drop or two you clean it up with a Q-tip before you charge and move on. If it's a flooding mess with liquids leaking down the side of the battery - then that is a real problem that needs fixing.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
with bottom coils when not in use keep tank upside down to help prevent the wick getting over saturated and flooding.
may need to up or down the voltage when vaping so that it either is warming the fluid enough to vape or isn't warming too fast so the juice floods the wick and you're not trying to pull the fluid like a straw...

but yes if it's just a drop or two that will be expected as Rickajho mentioned as there are air holes so obviously some liquid will seep out but if a lot then I'd worry about it.

one thing with bottom coils most of the time I have to add an extra drop or two of pg/vg (your preference) to keep the juice thick enough not to over saturate the wick and flood the battery.

Last edited:

bloodkaiser

Nov 9, 2013
Puerto Rico
Thank you guys for your quick replies! Yes It is a very minimal amount of juice, I just thought it was going to become a problem. Since It happens every couple of hits.

When not vaping storing my ecig sideways would be a good idea then? So it doesn't over saturate and leak?

I just ordered some 60vg/40pg ejuice. It being thicker hopefully will leak even less or not at all.

Also how would it be best to take a hit? A harder hit will cause it to not heat enough? Or how would it work? I'm sorry, I'm new to vaping and this is my first vaporizer after a cigalike.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
No worries here!

What it comes down to is the tank holding the liquid in these things is a closed system with a partial vacuum. The only place air should be getting in is through that very center hole in the bottom of your coil. The only place air should be coming out is when you draw on the mouthpiece. When you draw, as air passes through it "sucks" liquid from the tank and it's partial vacuum into the wick and coil. Stop your draw and the vacuum in the tank "pulls back" a little, preventing your liquid from leaking out all over the place through the bottom. If the vacuum is working right the position you hold or store your EVOD in shouldn't really matter - if everything is working right. The lower the level of liquid is in any of these Kanger types, the less the vacuum is. You may notice less of a leaking problem with a tank half full or more, but as you get lower and lower the leaking may be more of a problem. Keeping the EVOD full helps.

You coil and wicks - including those top wicks - act as a partial stopper. The wicking prevents liquid from just flooding out the bottom. You can occasionally get a badly made coil that will have it's own "special" flooding issues. Or a coil with insufficient top wick. The solution there is to add more if needed. Having extra 1 mm silica wick is a good thing to try and correct wicking or leaking problems. (And something you will eventually need if you are interesting in rebuilding your own coils.) What also works? Kitchen cotton cheesecloth. I've resorted to that more than once - cutting, rolling, snipping a piece of it to replace a top wick.

Thinner liquids can result in more leaking/gurgling problems with these Kanger BCC's - but not always. Again, you can always tweak the top wick to suit your liquid too. It's worth a shot to try higher VG to correct a wicking/flooding problem. But there are other ways around it.

Hard draws don't usually work well or better. These are small coils, with small wicks - they can only take up so much liquid so fast. Harder draws may only get your less vapor since you will be pulling more air into the wick than liquid. Personally, I tend to hit the fire button on a Kanger device for a second or two, then start taking my first of three to four short pulls off it. Rather than trying to take one long hard pull all at once.

bloodkaiser

Nov 9, 2013
Puerto Rico
Im currently using a 60vg/40pg ejuice on two tanks. But I am having the problem of gurgling in one tank that causes the juice to leak out of the driptip. It really pisses me off, It has happened around 4+ times and its with that tank only. Can a fault head be the cause of this? I cant find any explanation, I have 2 grommets on as well for a better seal.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
- slower, long, draws will be better, you might be sucking too hard, lol
- a drop on the battery connector is normal. I use little strips of paper towel, a lot of people use Q-tips
When refilling:
- Check that the coil/head IS screwed in finger-tight. If that gets loose, it can allow leaking
- be REAL careful not to let juice in the airtube, and maybe swipe through there (I use a pipecleaner) to get condensation or juice out

bloodkaiser

Nov 9, 2013
Puerto Rico
Yeah the battery does appear to have a small gasket. I dont over tighten it either. But what I did so far is add some wick that I took out from the other coil to that coil. Has about 4 flavors wicks. Wicks just fine, good vapor and It stopped some of the leaking. The condensation I also get that too, not much of a problem when its a tiny bit of ejuice, just sometimes I open it up to check and has enough ejuice to say it leaked.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
When I fill my evod's up, I always put a napkin over the mouth and flick it like a thermometer several times. Small amount of liquid does come out. Then when I put it on I have no gurgling. Don't really understand why but it works for me. Isn't it wonderful to have a place to go to ask questions to just any problem. I don't know what I would have done without this forum. Welcome and good luck to you. Look forward to reading about your future successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread