EVOD vs. T3S issue I'm having

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonywh

Jun 1, 2013
texas
I have had my EVOD for a few weeks, and have really gone through some coils. 2.5 ohm heads at 4.2 volts. 60pg 40vg juice. Like everything about it except for the occasional, no warning burnt taste that everyone talks about. Sometimes I can get the flavor back, sometimes the head just needs to be replaced. Judging from the posts I've read, it just seems like something you just have to be ready for and deal with. I can put the EVOD on my ego-c pass-thru, and don't get that taste.

This weekend, I picked up a new T3S. I figured it would be more of the same, but wanted the extra tank capacity. And ordered supplies for rebuilds. Well, I have had it three days now and haven't had that taste once. It performs Grrrreat in my opnion and keep waiting for that had hit that hasn't come thus far.

I don't get it. Basically the same unit with more capacity. The only difference is that center pin on the head. I have noticed the hole in the EVOD pin is smaller in diameter, and I assume is the reason for the tighter, less airy draw. I am wondering if the wick just isn't sucking up enough juice quick enough for the hotter burn due to more restriction on that center pin/tube.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Well, I'm about to throw a great big wrench of apprehension at'cha.

Starting just yestersay, after months of flawless Evod performance, I start getting those wicked awful burnt hits. The head had been in there for a few weeks (rinsing after each use) so I figured it was just time for a new head. Put the new head in the base, screwed it back onto the body (happened to be a black one, not that that should mean a whit) and had the EXACT same thing happen.

It was late so I gave up on that and went back to puffing away on my brand new MT3S, which had already been through three entire tanks, again, washing and drying everything in between juice changes. And now it is doing the same thing. So right now I'm just frustrated and using up the last of the biscotti in my ProTank. Then I'm changing out the heads on both the Evod AND the MT3S and we'll see what happens.

Grrrrr.....

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Just a thought, but I have started dabbing my heads with a tissue to get old juice off in between tanks instead of running water through them. I still wash out the tank though. I've been trying this on both of my evods and my T3 with the new base and this method doesn't give me that burnt taste. I only get that burnt taste on tank #2+, never tank #1 with a new head and I can only think of one thing that changes between tank #1 and #2... I just get a mixed flavor on the first couple hits but I can deal with that more than a foul burnt hit. I think this will be my thing from now on. I will just switch out heads more frequently since they'll gunk up faster without the rinses if this keeps working better than washing.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
I think that's a fair assessment, but I never get burnt/dry hits with my Evods or ProTanks, and I rinse and dry them thoroughly in between juice fillings. Soooo....yeah I dunno.

I rarely do as well but it sucks when it happens. I get it less with cotton wicks than I do with silica as well, should have mentioned that before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread