Evolv DNA 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
So you left it set on lipo even though your using 18650's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, in the DNA200 version of Escribe your only choices are Lithium Polymer, LiFePO4, and power supply. Lipo is the correct choice when using 18650's.

Could you tell me what mod resistance you used please [emoji3]

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
The mod's resistance is .004 ohms. I'll post the screen grab in case you need the case thermals as well (This is for the VT133 just to be clear)

upload_2016-7-18_13-27-23.png

Cheers,
Steve

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I got mine up to 160F by holding the fire button for 10 seconds, 60/75 watts. I did the same with my VT133 and it barely got over 100F.
I'll wait to see your results after removing some of the tape before I pull mine down.
don't bother to cut any foam tape off the sdna75 board. i repeated the experiment with the same build/wattage on my hacked vt200 (a dead vt200 that i put a dna 75 in, rewired the 3s lipo for 3p, and added two amp charging) with close results to the smy sdna75. my hacked vt200/75 fired about 1-2 seconds longer than the sdna 75 before spitting out the "too hot" error (195-200°F). the dna 75 generates too much heat to useful with that setup. that's why the 85% efficiency rating. however, who would run a .09 build at 75w for 8 seconds, most likely no one. they would pick a more capable board like the dna 200 or whatever. don't get me wrong. still one of the best boards out there, IMO. this was me just testing the limits of the board. not real world usage for me. below are the graphs. both mods were fired until the "too hot" message appeared.

SMY SDNA 75
too hot.PNG

HACKED VT200/75
too hot 2.PNG

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
don't bother to cut any foam tape off the sdna75 board. i repeated the experiment with the same build/wattage on my hacked vt200 (a dead vt200 that i put a dna 75 in, rewired the 3s lipo for 3p, and added two amp charging) with close results to the smy sdna75. my hacked vt200/75 fired about 1-2 seconds longer than the sdna 75 before spitting out the "too hot" error (195-200°F). the dna 75 generates too much heat to useful with that setup. that's why the 85% efficiency rating. however, who would run a .09 build at 75w for 8 seconds, most likely no one. they would pick a more capable board like the dna 200 or whatever. don't get me wrong. still one of the best boards out there, IMO. this was me just testing the limits of the board. not real world usage for me. below are the graphs. both mods were fired until the "too hot" message appeared.

SMY SDNA 75
View attachment 579949
HACKED VT200/75 View attachment 579953
I guess I'll just have to just keep tootle puff'n my K5 on it then....LOL
Thanks.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
How did that really inexpensive mod from fast tech work out. The one that was like $65 with nap code ? I cancelled my order as j decided I had a lot of stuff already.

have any smaller DNA 75 come out ? Is the one from fast tech still on sale for $65 ? I said before I'm a big boxer fan too. They're shipping theirs now. But it's quite expensive.

Still searching for a good small mod that ticks all the boxes I require.. I haven't been using temp control much these days because I get such great results with 29 gauge kanthal in most of my tanks and despite a plethora of experience I find that only nife 48 works well for temp control. For my style of vaping I don't care for titanium. I vape stainless steel builds without temp control.

I am not a provape zealot and I know their stuff seems expensive for those who don't keep things years but I find myself using the second hand p3 and gratis radius a lot lately. Mostly because their boost works better for me than other similar things. I have also found their customer support to be outstanding. I'd say they set the bar for me for support. Build quality. Vape quality. But I want to find something comparable that does temp control very well with stainless steel.

How big is the DNA 75 chip ? Any chance of a dna75 tube mod? How does it compare to the 40 size wise ? That was put in a lot of tubes.

I know the DNA chip had a preheat setting but is there any way to create a profile with a 3/4 second burst of five additional watts in kanthal mode ? That would mimic my provape boost setting of 3. I haven't found the yihi curves to work anywhere near as well (powerful, standard, Eco,etc)

So What would you get for a small and light,well made, durable mod that covers temp control very well with stainless steel, has smooth power delivery on par with the provape products, and great support if something goes wrong?

The DNA 75 profiling interest me a lot. I've started using some 28/36 Clapton with a stainless core and kanthal outer. It's available as stainless / stainless and I think lightening vapes has offered a profile for t in the DNA mods. Has anyone tried that Clapton wire with their DNA profiling ? The yihi and other single value stuff is difficult to come across for complex wire and it doesn't work that well on a lot of wire.

I know. I'm not asking for much right. :). Thanks for taking the time. Please don't assume because I said I like my provape stuff I'm inexperienced with temp control or an uninformed or newbie vaper. I have a ton of tc devices. I'm not a fan of most of them for tc or they're too heavy and big.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
How did that really inexpensive mod from fast tech work out. The one that was like $65 with nap code ? I cancelled my order as j decided I had a lot of stuff already.

have any smaller DNA 75 come out ? Is the one from fast tech still on sale for $65 ? I said before I'm a big boxer fan too. They're shipping theirs now. But it's quite expensive.

Still searching for a good small mod that ticks all the boxes I require.. I haven't been using temp control much these days because I get such great results with 29 gauge kanthal in most of my tanks and despite a plethora of experience I find that only nife 48 works well for temp control. For my style of vaping I don't care for titanium. I vape stainless steel builds without temp control.

I am not a provape zealot and I know their stuff seems expensive for those who don't keep things years but I find myself using the second hand p3 and gratis radius a lot lately. Mostly because their boost works better for me than other similar things. I have also found their customer support to be outstanding. I'd say they set the bar for me for support. Build quality. Vape quality. But I want to find something comparable that does temp control very well with stainless steel.

How big is the DNA 75 chip ? Any chance of a dna75 tube mod? How does it compare to the 40 size wise ? That was put in a lot of tubes.

I know the DNA chip had a preheat setting but is there any way to create a profile with a 3/4 second burst of five additional watts in kanthal mode ? That would mimic my provape boost setting of 3. I haven't found the yihi curves to work anywhere near as well (powerful, standard, Eco,etc)

So What would you get for a small and light,well made, durable mod that covers temp control very well with stainless steel, has smooth power delivery on par with the provape products, and great support if something goes wrong?

The DNA 75 profiling interest me a lot. I've started using some 28/36 Clapton with a stainless core and kanthal outer. It's available as stainless / stainless and I think lightening vapes has offered a profile for t in the DNA mods. Has anyone tried that Clapton wire with their DNA profiling ? The yihi and other single value stuff is difficult to come across for complex wire and it doesn't work that well on a lot of wire.

I know. I'm not asking for much right. :). Thanks for taking the time. Please don't assume because I said I like my provape stuff I'm inexperienced with temp control or an uninformed or newbie vaper. I have a ton of tc devices. I'm not a fan of most of them for tc or they're too heavy and big.
Same SMY SDNA75 they are talking about that Ecig.com has for $49.95 & you can use ecig10 for 10% off that.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
Reactions: Tpat591

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Oh well, that's a shame….guess one could put it down to 'character'

Im only getting this because of the chip….so I guess if it performs ok, that will be huge in itself.
Exactly I got 2 on the way for about $60ea. Theory I have is that they are DNA's at a good price that is small and made for 18650. I do like the rubberized finish of the black and red. These will be my day to day pocket mods. Overall build quality isn't that important for this job since. They just need to not fall apart and work well as a DNA device and I will be happy.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Exactly I got 2 on the way for about $60ea. Theory I have is that they are DNA's at a good price that is small and made for 18650. I do like the rubberized finish of the black and red. These will be my day to day pocket mods. Overall build quality isn't that important for this job since. They just need to not fall apart and work well as a DNA device and I will be happy.
Build quality on these is very good, so they won't be falling apart.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Build quality on these is very good, so they won't be falling apart.
From seeing Daniel go over it I was sure it wasn't going to fall apart. It just doesn't need to look like a high end mod. It's support to be an average everyday beater that has a fricken DNA in it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
From seeing Daniel go over it I was sure it wasn't going to fall apart. It just doesn't need to look like a high end mod. It's support to be an average everyday beater that has a fricken DNA in it.
Daniel reviewed the Hotcig DX200 v1 (black w/silver buttons). Those were awful. They had taken what Daniel said and fixed them with the v2. Daniel never reviewed the v2. And v2 uses the FullyMax lipo, which most DNA200 uses.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Little easier to resist now that they raised the price by $5 but you still can't buy the board alone for the price of the entire mod.
hahaha, I was going to order the mod, charger and extra battery. so, I go to check out and find they ship to every country on the planet except Canada? wtf lol. ohwell ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread