retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Just saw this...........

Posted by Nick from Evolv:

Evolv is once again proud to announce our new dna 250 board. The boards are available now in extremely limited quantities. Because of component lead times customers will be limited to 1 board per device that they plan to release plus one board as a spare. We expect this to improve as component lead times improve.

The dna 250 is the same size as the dna 200, utilizing the same mounting and layout for the buttons, screen, and USB with the addition of a few exciting features.

-250 Watts max

-55 Amp current output limit

-2 Amp charging via Micro USB

-Onboard reverse voltage protection

-Higher current fuse

-Smoother control system for Stainless Steel wire with Temperature Protection
(This is a firmware update and is also available for the 200, giving it a similar control structure to the DNA 75)

Spec sheets and models will be available some time next week.

(Pricing deleted as this is meant to be an informational post only)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Huh. 250W. 55A current limit. The power wars never end. Sounds like a mod built with that board would also be useful for jump starting my car in winter.

I am interested in the firmware update planned which will be good for the 200. I assume that will also change the control system for SS, although I'm not sure I understand the smoother part. SS has been pretty solid for me so far.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
The DNA75 controls the temperature flutuation ( swing ) when temp is reached much smoother than the DNA200. In other words the flutuation in degrees is wider on the 200 as it controls temp at setting than does the 75 which has a much less fluctuation while controlling. The firmware update for the 200 should, hopefully, brings it closer to the "smoothness" of the 75. Folks have been asking for this update for the 200.

This can be seen in Device Monitor by looking at the graphs of a 75 and a 200.

Here are two screenshots showing the 75 and 200 using SS316 Notch Coil: (note the smoothness of the temp line in the graph as it controls temp)

DNA75:

75.png

DNA200:

200.png

Last edited:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I'm reading, slackjawed. Does this mean that it might be possible to... buy the board and upgrade my Triade myself???

Sounds like it :)

Do you think it would take a lot of modifying to get a 133/200 board in the Therion by the way?

That has been on my mind ever since I ordered a not so pretty DNA200 mod..
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

I have no idea about the actual size-difference between the two boards though, perhaps someone just needs to kill that dream for me.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island

Do you think it would take a lot of modifying to get a 133/200 board in the Therion by the way?

I have no idea about the actual size-difference between the two boards though, perhaps someone just needs to kill that dream for me.

OMG I wish I'd thought of that before you! Hahahahaha!

But then it'd just run in 133 permanently, given that the Therion can only accept 2 x 18650. But still a compelling proposition nonetheless. I'd love to know if this will work too!

Which mod did you order, btw?

Last edited:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
OMG I wish I'd thought of that before you! Hahahahaha!

But then it'd just run in 133 permanently, given that the Therion can only accept 2 x 18650. But still a compelling proposition nonetheless. I'd love to know if this will work too!

Which mod did you order, btw?

I've never gone above 40 watt (& that's on start-up in TC mode, lol) so far so that's not a really a concern for me, haha.

Do you think it could work if you compare the space your Triad and Therion need/have for the board?

I have a Hcigar VT200 on the way. I wasn't really interested in the DNA mods at first, it seemed more than I really need and most of them are just ugly and big with relatively little battery-life for their size, but some enablers in the Bachelor thread got me curious and, well, you know how that works, lol

I found the VT200 fairly cheap on a Gearbest flash-sale & the reviewers seemed to like the device so I thought what the heck, lets try it out. I didn't really researched the board and software until after I ordered though, and now I can't wait for it to get here! Got my own customized escribe file ready to upload and everything, just need something to upload it to now
haw.gif

I initially wanted a Therion but couldn't find one within the budget I had set for myself, but maybe some day I'll be able to score a dead one for cheap.... :evil:

edit: assuming the board-swap would work you might be able to fit a LIPO in there as well if 133 watt isn't enough for you by the way.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

The boards would be easy since the DNA200 is slightly longer, but mounting holes, buttons, etc. are the same. But the rumor I heard was that Lost Vape was going to release a DNA133 version of the Therion. Why not wait and buy that one?

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
The boards would be easy since the DNA200 is slightly longer, but mounting holes, buttons, etc. are the same. But the rumor I heard was that Lost Vape was going to release a DNA133 version of the Therion. Why not wait and buy that one?

Good info, thanks
24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

That's first I hear about a 133 version, I might as well start saving up then, lol

It never ends now does it?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

So they're looking at both a 133W version, and the Squonker which has had a photo floating around?

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
All I saw was 2a charging.
That's funny, I posted the exact same thing on another forum yesterday. Now looking at it again I noticed it also has reverse battery protection for mods using 18650's (26650's, etc) and a higher current fuse. Probably all good updates. The 250 watts doesn't matter to me since I don't use the 200 I have now.

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread