Evolv-ing Thread

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Darwinism. Life is hard. Harder if you are stupid!

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

True but mother nature built in a safe guard for the stupid, the inability to see one's own lack of common sense so in their own world all is right. Often it leads to an early self destruction, unfortunately sometimes they take others with them but getting them off the planet early surely saves many. Ole mother nature is wise but she has a dark sense of humor, I'm just not sure if it's meant for our entertainment or her's LoL.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
a8952e75c591aa91a8e8d2e5e0e0a622.jpg

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
speaking of coffee...

Yesterday, I received the Mighty Mugs I'd ordered last week. My reservations about getting the plastic Mighty Mug Mini were well founded. When I finally hit my cubicle this morning, the temp. of my coffee had dropped well into the chuggable range and I've almost drank it all in less than 15min. It's the perfect size @ 11oz. (for me, at least), but with my old SS Contigo mug, I'd be able to take generous sips of hot coffee for close to an hour. Good thing I also bought a SS Mighty Mug in the larger 18oz. size! :D

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
My wife keeps hounding me to get a new mug, I'm still using the same Aladdin mug I used on the job when I was twisting wrenches 19 years ago, it's the ONLY mug I drink coffee from unless we're dinning out. It's my old friend, just comforting as a pair of old worn jeans. I just looked at the bottom to see if there was any numbers on it and I see there is a crack at the base just starting so I may have to break down and get a new one in the next few years, but it would make me sad to have to get rid of my old friend.

mug.JPG

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
My wife keeps hounding me to get a new mug, I'm still using the same Aladdin mug I used on the job when I was twisting wrenches 19 years ago, it's the ONLY mug I drink coffee from unless we're dinning out. It's my old friend, just comforting as a pair of old worn jeans. I just looked at the bottom to see if there was any numbers on it and I see there is a crack at the base just starting so I may have to break down and get a new one in the next few years, but it would make me sad to have to get rid of my old friend.

View attachment 651629
I understand. I have a thick porcelain cup that I got in Holland back in 2001, nothing special other then extremely functional. I drink a double shot of espresso from it every morning. It would be really sad if that little mug ever got broken.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
A Starbucks SS mug I got in '94 was my daily driver for 22yrs. I ran over it with my tractor while cutting firewood a few years ago. Sad, I miss it a lot but it was never the same after my Aunt washed it. I left it at her house and when I went to pick it up the next day I found it all bright and shiny new....noooooooo!! Her comment?, "Oh, you're one of those".

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
A Starbucks SS mug I got in '94 was my daily driver for 22yrs. I ran over it with my tractor while cutting firewood a few years ago. Sad, I miss it a lot but it was never the same after my Aunt washed it. I left it at her house and when I went to pick it up the next day I found it all bright and shiny new....noooooooo!! Her comment?, "Oh, you're one of those".
I am not a big Starbucks fan, I think they over roast most of their beans. However, they do make some very cool mugs. I own several, great for on-the-go Joe.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I am not a big Starbucks fan, I think they over roast most of their beans. However, they do make some very cool mugs. I own several, great for on-the-go Joe.

I'll have to make a stop at Starbucks and peruse them. My daily mug is a 16oz that came with my Gevalia single/dual cup drip coffee maker. It's OK, but it would be better if it held het longer. The big problem is when I'm out on the mower and the dust and grass clippings ending up in the top. A real YUCK when I'm not paying attention and the end of a cup of coffee.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Evolving...I dunno.

I've always been a Fogger fan albeit modified Foggers. I drill out the air holes to 3mm and they provide a decent FLH, flavor and good vapor. I have a Big Fogger that's been sitting on top of an IPV2 for about a year, empty and unused. I washed it out and put in a 6 wrap, 26 gauge, 316L build wicked with rayon. I will say that 26 gauge makes getting good density with rayon so easy. The coils are stiff enough not to deform, too much anyway, getting it nice an tight. I'm in Fogger heaven now. I do need to find a shorter drip tip for it though. Sitting on top of an ERM+ it is kind of tall. It doesn't overhang on the sides of the mod though, which is nice.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Yep, the two types I tried tasted burnt, got my cup and never went back.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I carry 5 DNA's with me to work but of those I only use my ERM 250
My back up is a Dicodes 2380 in a lanyard around my neck which I use outside at work when I on occasionally forget the ERM on my desk. I rarely even see the other 4 DNA's

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
I forgot to mention...

@Steamer861 - I'm enjoying my Pharaoh RTA. As far as vape experience goes, I've got it to where my single coil build is almost on par with the dual coil build in my 'Mizer Supreme Light ('MSL).

If I were to buy a 2nd one of either, it'd be the Pharaoh. I find it easier to manipulate its JFC/AFC and so far, it seems much more forgiving of ill-placed wick ends. Also, it's much easier to check the deck on the Pharaoh than the 'MSL without fear of an idiot spill.

Users who are viewing this thread