Evolv-ing Thread

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Anyone ever remember push mowers from around the 60's named Drakesman? I can't seem to find any info on the net but I own one now, it's in amazing shape and (to me) very cool. I was on the way to the bank in town today and drove past the guy who always has used push mowers for sale in his front yard when I spotted that old gal, I had to stop just to see what it was. I couldn't believe how good the condition was, I spotted a tag with $45 on it. The guy came out and asked me if I wanted to hear it run, he started it up and it purred, I looked at the underside and it was fine. I pulled my wallet out and handed him the money, he seemed surprised, asked me if I was sure I'd be happy with it, I said hell yes, I think it's very cool! He responded, "well you'll have a conversation piece" I guess he thought no one would want it, I'm tickled! I'll have to post a few pics tomorrow, if anyone knows about the old Drakesman mowers please share with me.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
143c75921a69b32333065c89bde995d6.jpg

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Anyone ever remember push mowers from around the 60's named Drakesman? I can't seem to find any info on the net but I own one now, it's in amazing shape and (to me) very cool. I was on the way to the bank in town today and drove past the guy who always has used push mowers for sale in his front yard when I spotted that old gal, I had to stop just to see what it was. I couldn't believe how good the condition was, I spotted a tag with $45 on it. The guy came out and asked me if I wanted to hear it run, he started it up and it purred, I looked at the underside and it was fine. I pulled my wallet out and handed him the money, he seemed surprised, asked me if I was sure I'd be happy with it, I said hell yes, I think it's very cool! He responded, "well you'll have a conversation piece" I guess he thought no one would want it, I'm tickled! I'll have to post a few pics tomorrow, if anyone knows about the old Drakesman mowers please share with me.

Drakesman? Never heard of them. Love to see some pics, with a cup of coffee in the shot of course.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
I'm glad you like it :) The single deck is super simple to coil & wick.
The only thing really is the Drip Tip or lack there of :( I'm not a fan of metal tips & any thing on top of it's all ready hugeness don't look the T@T's :pervy:
I'm running the extension on top these days & man it's huge! It's a nice combo with the ERM+, Like a King Size mod, or an upsized fry from MD's :)
My Second one (Black) went thru customs yesterday :) Canada Post is saying Monday delivery :)

Yeah, the drip tip is somewhat odd, but it seems to work better than the one that came with the 'MSL; I don't "drink" the condensed ejuice inside the Pharaoh drip tip like I do more than occasionally when using the 'MSL.

Luckily, I get through the workday without having to use the Pharaoh extension. :thumb:

berger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Carvahall

Check your newspaper archives...used to run paper ads around 1967-70

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I guess I'm in a time warp or something...for the prices some of these mugs have, today, they should be custom grinding and brewing the coffee that gets put into them. JEESH it's a lousy cup and nothing more!

The one I posted is less than $10. I guess that's why it's so popular. I have a 40oz HydroFlask that was like $50. I got it as a gift and it works well but no way I would pay that much for one.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I'm not having that problem, sounds like a cookie isn't being set.
I cleared my cookies. Same sh...tuff
Another thing to check KTM, I had that problem in the past, it drove me nuts until I finally discovered my date and time was way off.
Time and date is set by computer and accurate.

Had the same thing happen to me. Check your bookmarks for "https" instead of "http"

"Must be logged in . . . "
Nope, not that either.

Still happening. Grrrrrr.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The one I posted is less than $10. I guess that's why it's so popular. I have a 40oz HydroFlask that was like $50. I got it as a gift and it works well but no way I would pay that much for one.

I know there are cheaper ones, like ten bucks, but still. My favorite of all time was one I got from WaWa when they first opened in Lakewood. It was 160z, all plastic, white on the inside and orange in the outside. Coffee stayed hot for a few hours, and I mean hot not warm, and it cost a whole $1.99. After that came the green one, 16oz, all plastic, black on the inside and green on the outside. Same price and worked almost as well as the orange one. They're both long gone history now and nothing as good today at WaWa.

Last edited:

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Hell, just come up with a snap-in atty for these things.....

View attachment 651339

Actually not a bad idea safety wise, a brand name battery pack for power tools will have a very well engineered discharge, charge, and thermal sensing board that shuts it down before battery failure. Size and esthetics......well not so much.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

Users who are viewing this thread