Evolv-ing Thread

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Yes but I've had enough strip even with good allen wrenches. And cutting slots to get them out is tough on small heads. I have some EZ-outs that might work but I like philips for screws this small. I have a few good philips screwdrivers that aren't worn that work very well on small screws so that's another reason I went with philips.

I already notice the difference with the new screws. I really like the Silo mod. It's about 2mm taller than my Hana v200 but it's so much more comfortable to handle. The square buttons look and feel better than the round buttons.

I might try to take one of my 950 batteries apart and rewire them as 3p1s for the DNA75's.

Next time you get a semi-stripped screw head, dip the screw driver tip or allen wrench in coarse valve grinding compound, the grit gives lots of extra bite.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
KTM, looking at that sd mini75 gave me a thought, if you could replace the fire button with smaller diameter one and with a plastic outer ring to fill in the gap, that ring would probably pull the light from the led, like a fiber optic.

You mention drilling a small hole and using a piece of plastic, that's what I did with a Evolv 1amp charger in a hana box. The plastic I used was...... from a CD case cover. :) I had pieces left over from making board brackets (thank you for the idea), I cut a thin strip from one edge and rounded it with sand paper until it fit.
I drilled a small 2mm hole on my hana clone boxes for the charge light and it's pretty bright just for a hole. I originally thought about putting a piece of clear plastic for the fiber optic effect but it wasn't needed. Might not need it for the DNA75. I can see the light around the fire button at certain angles and it would be cool to have a ring around it but I don't see it being possible as a DIY solution. Maybe an all clear button that just picks up the ambient light from the led? I do like the led showing me the charging status but that's about it.

has anyone in here used any vapecige products? is the quality good?
They seem to have pretty good products. If I didn't have my Silos, I would probably pick one up. I really like the small form factor and simple design.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Next time you get a semi-stripped screw head, dip the screw driver tip or allen wrench in coarse valve grinding compound, the grit gives lots of extra bite.
For many of us, that statement could just as easily be "drip it in eye of newt, give a lot of extra bite" [emoji23] [emoji106]

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
has anyone in here used any vapecige products? is the quality good?
Most of the contributors of this thread build or modify their mods to suit there specific needs. But what I'd suggest is go on youtube and look for reviews of other vapecige products, I can't remember if they were the ones I'm thinking of - their dna200 was terrible? (at least the vendor I'm remembering again not 100% sure if it was this maker)

The 510 was too short or shallow, the fire button was hot glued in and eventually fell out, the battery was way over spec'd... Again, not sure if it was vapecige or another. But watch a few review on YouTube and you'll get a feel for the type of manufacture they are. Some of these chinese makers put out good quality mods, other throw them together with tape and or glue and lots of prayers. [emoji3] [emoji12]

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Well... I had a pretty bad "vape" day. The love affair with the squape x may be over. After just a few days of use, I managed to strip 1 of the teeny tiny grub screws for the posts. Then the atty simply STOPPED vaping!? As in it wouldn't fire. That actually started yesterday (maybe the day before) and has been getting progressively worse and more frequent.

Wiggle the coil, it Vapes again, then it'll stop, then loosen or tighten the 510 screw, again sometimes it'll vape again then suddenly stop. When it stops it shoots instantly to temp limit but produces no vapor. Today I saw 800f (yes 800f) and no vapor. I tried to get a picture but couldn't catch it. Then I saw a bunch of random large numbers like the large temp font but 6 or 7 digits. I tried it on my ERM + and my Vaporflask dna200/133. Same results (instantly shoot to temp limit and no vapor)

Cant like that! To me It sounds like, my worst fear with the SQuape clone line. Coating failure :(
Both my SQuape R clones suffered this fait :( I bough the first one from FT & it didn't last long!
I was intrigued buy the performance so I wanted another, the consensus was the Hcigar Clone was reliable. I hunted one down & it suffered the same fait soon after :( I liked it but not enough to buy an original for 200 $$

Mine is going strong, but I put in a coil & thats been it. I haven't messed around too much with the set screws, I'm hoping they don't strip easy like yours did :(
I had some minor flooding issues, but they have gone with a thicker O ring on the cap :)
I can't say enough about the way this thing vapes with a single coil!
I'm hoping the coating don't fail on this one, cause I'm impressed with the Performance!
This SQuape X clone is Kicking A@@ :)
I'm still waiting/expecting the bottom to fall out of my X Dream :(
That coating is the only thing that separates +&- :( The clones just don't have the quality to pull that off.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
i'm very curious about this vapecige 75 mod

SD Mini DNA75 Box Mod - VAPECIGE
When the Vapecige VTbox200 was initially released it had some major problems, the T plug was on backwards, the 510 was glued in and the 1300 mah lipo was said to be 1800 mah. This was on the first 200 mods, the later releases had the problems addressed with the exception over the over stated battery capacity. I have one from the 2nd run and it's built like a tank. It's very well done but it is way bigger than it needs to be. I would buy from Fasttech before Gearbest as if there was a problem it could solved easier. Fastech has a return center in Florida.
Edit: I bought my SMY SDNA 75 from here, add a couple of batteries or something as it needs a couple more cents to qualify for free shipping more. I'm really liking this mod.
SDNA75 (with Evolv DNA75 Chip) 75W TC Box Mod by SMY - BLACK

Last edited:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
For many of us, that statement could just as easily be "drip it in eye of newt, give a lot of extra bite" [emoji23] [emoji106]
Valve grinding compound is used to seat new valves in engine heads. I rebuild my dirt bike engines so I have some in my toolbox :).

I use a rubber tube connected between the valve and a drill so it spins the valve to seat. This video gives you an idea how it's used.

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
When the Vapecige VTbox200 was initially released it had some major problems, the T plug was on backwards, the 510 was glued in and the 1300 mah lipo was said to be 1800 mah. This was on the first 200 mods, the later releases had the problems addressed with the exception over the over stated battery capacity. I have one from the 2nd run and it's built like a tank. It's very well done but it is way bigger than it needs to be. I would buy from Fasttech before Gearbest as if there was a problem it could solved easier. Fastech has a return center in Florida.
Edit: I bought my SMY SDNA 75 from here, add a couple of batteries or something as it needs a couple more cents to qualify for free shipping more. I'm really liking this mod.
SDNA75 (with Evolv DNA75 Chip) 75W TC Box Mod by SMY - BLACK

yeah I was looking at the smy but I really hate how it curves out in the back. little details like that bug the .... out of me lol

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
26acf67deea6cdee2eeacb5d0fdff3af.jpg

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
Nice looking 510. But I have a sour taste still In my mouth from my last discussion with Perry so I don't think I'd pick one up.

Discussions don't affect the quality of the product, besides, it's gdeals and drunkj designed, varitube just produced them.

Sent from The Truck O Shop

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
The story behind this connector and how it got started in production is I approached gdeal about seeing if he would work with VT to have them produced and he liked that idea so then I called my good friend Perry and told him about it. He liked the idea so then I got him connected with gdeal and drunkj to work together to get a final product. This connector is probably no doubt the best BF connector on the market.

Sent from The Truck O Shop

Users who are viewing this thread