Evolv & Yihi Chipsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
Hey Guys,

So as most of us know, Evolv and Yihi are the two best chip makers for vaping. I'd like to know your opinion on which is better. I've had experience with both and I have to say that both have a lot of pros and very few cons.

I started out with Yihi with my ipv Mini 2 and I've usually used that more than the Evolv chipsets, but I've also gotten the Vaporshark dna 40 and liked it a lot.

So what are your guys opinions? Do you prefer one over the other? Do you have a different chipset maker you prefer?

I'd just like to know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Ghostin

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
I'm completely happy with my rDNA40s so I have no reason to try a yihi.
That's how I felt about Yihi, but I decided to try the Evolv dna 40 chipset and was quite pleased with it. Now I have a problem where if either company puts out a new chipset I have to get it and try it. I wish I stuck with just Yihi and I wouldn't have this problem hahaha.

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
I'm very unhappy with my DNA40s so I have to go with Yihi.
Really? What has made you unhappy with the Evolv DNA 40? I know that the first batch had an issue, but other than that, they've put out solid chipsets without any issues. Were you one of the unlucky to get one of the bad batch chipsets and that put you off?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Really? What has made you unhappy with the Evolv DNA 40? I know that the first batch had an issue, but other than that, they've put out solid chipsets without any issues. Were you one of the unlucky to get one of the bad batch chipsets and that put you off?

Yes. And they wouldn't replace so I'm done with Evolv.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Evolv should have taken care of everyone with the lemons, pretty much everyone who bought Gen1, or 2 of the DNA40, I have both of the mentioned, they randomly go nuts with no interaction on my part, total junk which should never have been rushed to market, lack of any support for said junk is inexcusable.

Reactions: cjvdh

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Evolve and Yihi... hmmm, my last Evolve product was a DNA30, no problem with it whatsoever. My IPV3 rocked the SX330-V3 chip in it @165W... again no issues. I'm currently in possession of an IPV3-LI with the SX330-V3-SL chip in it, and 10-50J power in nickel mode (ni200) and 10-100J in titanium mode (ti01) as well as having the maximum limit of 200W of power in Kanthal / Nichrome mode. With - what I do believe - an 8.5V limit, who the hell needs 165W? Let alone the 200W after the update?! Both companies manufacture great chips. I wish Evolve the best with their next DNA chip and Yihi the best with their next chip as well. Good things coming out of both of them - however - not to sound biased... but IMO I feel that Yihi produces the chips faster.

Reactions: Cloudy_benz

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Yes. And they wouldn't replace so I'm done with Evolv.

I honestly can't blame anyone for taking that stance, rushing a product to market making its flagship feature essentially unusable because of garbage firmware and not standing behind the product was unforgivable on Evolv's part. As it stands, I'll take a wait and see approach with anything using their chips in the future and it'll take stellar feedback for months before I even consider anything new from them.

Anyway, comparing the SX350j and DNA40, there's little comparison. The SX350j is hands down a better chip in terms of capability. That said, the DNA40 is dead simple and more efficient to the point where I prefer my DNA40 mods for my typical vape when I'm out all day because they last without needing a charge or battery swap.

Let me put it this way, for my vaping habits a single 18650 mod vaping up to 20W, I prefer the DNA40 over the SX350 because it lasts me the day. For a dual 18650 mod, there's no question whatsoever, an SX350j mod beats the ever lovin' snot out of the DNA40. That said, a 3000mah high drain battery hitting the market would be enough for me to see no point in a DNA40 for a single 18650 mod, as does going with a dual 18650.

Personally what I'm looking for next would be a dual 18650 YiHi based mod and right now I'm considering either the Sigelei 150W TC or the coming Vaporflask with the SX350j...

...but I'm in no hurry and who knows what I'll actually end up buying because, barring the loss of a mod, I don't plan on buying a new one until fall.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
That said, a 3000mah high drain battery hitting the market would be enough for me to see no point in a DNA40 for a single 18650 mod, as does going with a dual 18650.

You could try the new 3000 mAh LG (keep forgetting the model number, but check Mooch's test in the battery subforum) or the Samsung 30q. The latter is a 15 amp cdr battery, but in Mooch's test (again, check the battery subforum) it handles 20 amps splendidly.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I honestly can't blame anyone for taking that stance, rushing a product to market making its flagship feature essentially unusable because of garbage firmware and not standing behind the product was unforgivable on Evolv's part. As it stands, I'll take a wait and see approach with anything using their chips in the future and it'll take stellar feedback for months before I even consider anything new from them.

Anyway, comparing the SX350j and DNA40, there's little comparison. The SX350j is hands down a better chip in terms of capability. That said, the DNA40 is dead simple and more efficient to the point where I prefer my DNA40 mods for my typical vape when I'm out all day because they last without needing a charge or battery swap.

Let me put it this way, for my vaping habits a single 18650 mod vaping up to 20W, I prefer the DNA40 over the SX350 because it lasts me the day. For a dual 18650 mod, there's no question whatsoever, an SX350j mod beats the ever lovin' snot out of the DNA40. That said, a 3000mah high drain battery hitting the market would be enough for me to see no point in a DNA40 for a single 18650 mod, as does going with a dual 18650.

Personally what I'm looking for next would be a dual 18650 YiHi based mod and right now I'm considering either the Sigelei 150W TC or the coming Vaporflask with the SX350j...

...but I'm in no hurry and who knows what I'll actually end up buying because, barring the loss of a mod, I don't plan on buying a new one until fall.
You could check out the CloudMaker Whiteout SX box..they've just started production and it has an updated 150w sx350j chip in it

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Honestly? I guess I would say yihi since I have been using my sigelei 150 for like a half year while my rDNA40 has been in my cabinet for almost a half year.

But I presume people are talking about the top range yihi chips like the SX350J and such.

I have no experience with those chips but honestly I don't know how I feel about them. I hate the idea of presets. I hate the idea of 50 menus. I hate those "soft power power+ and so on" things. It just looks stupidly overly overkill. I know it's supposed to give you more power and options but the damn normal screen is so cluttered with info that in my opinion it looks unappealing. Upgradeable firmware really makes the chip shine

Now the DNA 40. Simpel. some bugs. Honestly what killed the DNA 40 for me was the lack of power. I am sorry but 40 watts in TC is enough maybe(even though some of my dual coils I made couldn't heat up enough and fast enough even with 40 watts) but kanthal. Too weak. especially if you are a dripper or hell pretty much 98% of the new tanks these days. The lack of firmware upgrades completely killed it for me. especially since evolv kept on adding functions like resistance lock while the loyal first buyers got screwed over.

The DNA 200 seems like it will kill the yihi chips at this moment. much more options if connected to a computer. more than enough power. firmware upgrades. No cluttered screen. But I don't know much since I still haven't finished my damn mod.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Well I had a Vaporflask DNA 40, a Hana V4 (Skinny) and 3 Vaporsharks all new firmware and every one of them was a piece of schit! I have a SX Mini that hasn't given me a problem so guess which camp I am in? Everyone one of my DNA 40's glitched even the fixed glitched which is where the screen fixes it's own glitch ughhh! DNA should be changed to DNO for Do Not Order!

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
I have no experience with those chips but honestly I don't know how I feel about them. I hate the idea of presets. I hate the idea of 50 menus. I hate those "soft power power+ and so on" things. It just looks stupidly overly overkill.

The DNA 200 seems like it will kill the yihi chips at this moment. much more options if connected to a computer. more than enough power. firmware upgrades. No cluttered screen. But I don't know much since I still haven't finished my damn mod.

I get where you're coming from, its a preference thing and the operating system doesn't do it for you.

As far as the DNA200 goes, yeah its impressive from what they're saying but given Evolv's history, an awful lot of us are going to wait for the retail version and see how Evolv handles any issues that arise.

Oh yeah, I dropped one of my rDNA40s with my one authentic Kayfun lite into the lake :(

So now I'm in the market for a new mod, though to be honest I think I'm going to wait just a little while before pulling the trigger. There are a bunch of YiHi based mods just about to hit the market, I just have to decide which one is going to replace my rDNA40 sitting at the bottom of the lake...

...what kills me is that I lost it in 6 feet of water, but its so thick with vegetation on the bottom that I just couldn't find it :(

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
lol yihi beats out evolv without question. They have been ahead of Evolv for the last 2 years in every aspect, and they're chips are more reliable. Not only that, they produce a ton of chips in different sizes and featured geared towards hundreds of different devices with different needs. Evolv can't even nail down one a year. Evolv has finally brought a chip to the market that meets market demand, but it won't be long until Yihi destroys them and sends them back into the stone age for the next 3 years with its fan boys.

With fanboyism aside, Yihi is the top producer of chips because of the quality of their chips, embedded software quality and reliability, customization options for vendors, quantity of chipset models and sizes, ability rapidly to meet market demand, and AFFORDABILITY.

I could go on explaining why they are a better chip company, but it should be obvious to someone who isn't defending there pride after considering what you are comparing. Evolv isn't a bad company, its just not comparable to Yihi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread