Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The deciding factor was reverse battery protection. I know not everyone is a knuckle head like me, but even the best can get distracted and with flat tops it too much of a risk for me to take that chance.

Id kick myself in the pants if I killed a 200+ device because of putting a battery in the wrong direction.

I had about 50/50 results when asking the same thing. dna vs Yihi ? I took the "safer" one for Me :)

PS, lack of reverse protection is the main reason I did not keep my beautiful Mark Bugs Wizard.
I know I would have killed it.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
The deciding factor was reverse battery protection. I know not everyone is a knuckle head like me, but even the best can get distracted and with flat tops it too much of a risk for me to take that chance.

Id kick myself in the pants if I killed a 200+ device because of putting a battery in the wrong direction.

I had about 50/50 results when asking the same thing. dna vs Yihi ? I took the "safer" one for Me :)
lol they still haven't fixed that?

Reactions: anavidfan

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
lol they still haven't fixed that?
The dna40 has reverse battery protection. However, in a parallel mod it's still possible to fry the board if inserting one of the batteries the wrong way as the chip can't protect against that. How do two-battery Yihi chips handle one battery inserted the wrong way? (most of them are series wired, right?)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

cjvdh

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
PA
I get where you're coming from, its a preference thing and the operating system doesn't do it for you.

As far as the DNA200 goes, yeah its impressive from what they're saying but given Evolv's history, an awful lot of us are going to wait for the retail version and see how Evolv handles any issues that arise.

Oh yeah, I dropped one of my rDNA40s with my one authentic Kayfun lite into the lake :(

So now I'm in the market for a new mod, though to be honest I think I'm going to wait just a little while before pulling the trigger. There are a bunch of YiHi based mods just about to hit the market, I just have to decide which one is going to replace my rDNA40 sitting at the bottom of the lake...

...what kills me is that I lost it in 6 feet of water, but its so thick with vegetation on the bottom that I just couldn't find it :(
Wow same thing happen to me fishing the river last year except I lost a $600 rod and reel combo I felt sick in the stomach after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread