Ex smokers. Do you plan to keep vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I used to smoke half a pack a day and now I'm quit. I'm vaping 12mg now. I used to do 24. Granted I do sub ohm now. My main question is do you ex smokers ever plan on cutting down to zero nic if you haven't already. Do you ever plan on quitting altogether? vaping for me has become a hobby and here's second part of my question. Do you consider vaping a successful quit of smoking? Many say not enough studies to say whether it's safe. But I think it's like saying if you smoke it's like souping up sports cars and street racing. Sure it's fun but super dangerous. Vaping is like souping up your car but instead going to car shows and drives. Much safer and a healthy hobby.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
do you ex smokers ever plan on cutting down to zero nic

No. It might save me from the alzheimers that got one grandmother, and the senile dementia that cursed the last 20 yrs life of the other.

Do you ever plan on quitting altogether?

I've already quit smoking. The only way I'd quit vaping is if I decided that smoking wasn't so bad after all so I'll just start back -- i.e., not gonna happen. Why would I quit doing the only thing that's ever allowed me to abstain from smoking?

Do you consider vaping a successful quit of smoking?

Of course; see above -- I've quit smoking. I don't buy cigarettes, I don't set fire to them and inhale the smoke -- quit smoking. That is what makes it a successful quit, and all the other methods I've tried unsuccessful -- vaping actually works, I don't smoke.

Andria

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
No. It might save me from the alzheimers that got one grandmother, and the senile dementia that cursed the last 20 yrs life of the other.

I've already quit smoking. The only way I'd quit vaping is if I decided that smoking wasn't so bad after all so I'll just start back -- i.e., not gonna happen. Why would I quit doing the only thing that's ever allowed me to abstain from smoking?

Of course; see above -- I've quit smoking. I don't buy cigarettes, I don't set fire to them and inhale the smoke -- quit smoking. That is what makes it a successful quit, and all the other methods I've tried unsuccessful -- vaping actually works, I don't smoke.

Andria
Pretty darn accurate for me as well, maybe except for the alzheimers part lol :thumbs: I've invested to much into this as a new hobby to let it collect dust

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
I agree Andria and I'm glad you could quit. Only the uneducated people say I never really quit smoking. Vaping is different. I've quite and restarted smoking like 3 or 4 times now, but after graduating college I'm done for good now. Hasn't been easy always I'll admit. Like people are always telling me when they walked past a burning cig they hate the smell and if they tried one I hated it. I don't have that. I'll admit when I pass a burning cig I still crave them sometimes. I would try wta but I can't afford that. Might go back to NETs

Reactions: Thayamax

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Pretty darn accurate for me as well, maybe except for the alzheimers part lol :thumbs: I've invested to much into this as a new hobby to let it collect dust

Ditto! When I had my month-long relapse last summer, just the IDEA of going back to smoking permanently and letting so much cool gear go to waste pained me so much, I know the relapse wouldn't last too long. :thumb:

Andria

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I agree Andria and I'm glad you could quit. Only the uneducated people say I never really quit smoking. Vaping is different. I've quite and restarted smoking like 3 or 4 times now, but after graduating college I'm done for good now. Hasn't been easy always I'll admit. Like people are always telling me when they walked past a burning cig they hate the smell and if they tried one I hated it. I don't have that. I'll admit when I pass a burning cig I still crave them sometimes. I would try wta but I can't afford that. Might go back to NETs
I understand this statement completely even though my sig says its been 4 months. I've had tried many times in the past to try to kick that stinky habit to no avail fortunately I had a friend resuscitate my curiosity into vaping again. Its too bad the pen style couldn't give me the edge to quit but the thought never left me!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

If it's a real craving, the kind you can't dismiss or distract yourself from, then WTA is by far your best bet -- and you don't vape it "straight," you add it to your vape, so it's really not all that costly -- lots cheaper than smoking, in every possible way.

Mostly it smells like a garbage fire to me now, but once recently someone lit up about 20 ft from me, and when the smoke off that first hit made it over to me, there was something fairly seductive about it -- which terrified me. I went back inside; better to abstain from vaping than have to stand out there and be tempted! (I was at a car dealership having some work done on the truck).

Andria

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I used to smoke half a pack a day and now I'm quit. I'm vaping 12mg now. I used to do 24. Granted I do sub ohm now. My main question is do you ex smokers ever plan on cutting down to zero nic if you haven't already. Do you ever plan on quitting altogether? Vaping for me has become a hobby and here's second part of my question. Do you consider vaping a successful quit of smoking? Many say not enough studies to say whether it's safe. But I think it's like saying if you smoke it's like souping up sports cars and street racing. Sure it's fun but super dangerous. Vaping is like souping up your car but instead going to car shows and drives. Much safer and a healthy hobby.

1: Do I plan to keep vaping?
Well I don't plan to stop vaping; just as I gave up a long time ago on trying to quit cigarettes

2: Do I plan to cut down to 0 nic?
I did that in the first few months already; now I vape anywhere between 0 and 24 pretty freely, and confident that I could go without nic whenever I want.

3: Do I consider vaping a successful quit of smoking?
That could be considered a vague question; but in the context of the damage to my lungs that occurred as described by doctors during my hospital stay in 2012, vaping is a big big plus in terms of an alternative to smoking.

It's not like street racing; more like bungie jumping, parachuting, or skiing, or scuba diving;

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
1: Do I plan to keep vaping?
3: Do I consider vaping a successful quit of smoking?
That could be considered a vague question; but in the context of the damage to my lungs that occurred as described by doctors during my hospital stay in 2012, vaping is a big big plus in terms of an alternative to smoking.
This right here, just thinking about all the faculties and senses we gave up by picking up that pack of smokes was empowering to know/feel that I could smell clearly again (stinkies utterly ravaged my allergies) and to be able to fully taste things all over again was a boon. Having 3 children, with a son about to hit a year old, also helped me decide to commit to this as he also unfortunately inherited my allergies.

I will add that being able to accurately smell again can also be a curse. That dang feedlot on the way to my parents is absolute torture now when I thought I was used to it :shock:.

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
I agree with Andria. Unless something comes out stating that cigarettes have been harmless all along, thanks for all the fish.... I plan to keep vaping. Heck even if that were to happen I wouldn't go back. Those things taste awful and the vapor production is teh suck!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I was a PAD smoker who always knew I had to quit, but couldn't stand the thought of going without. Then I found vapeing! I love everything about it! The flavors, the entire hobby of it, and I still love my nicotine. No plans to ever quit. I have dropped down to 6mg on a RDA mech, but I'm not going in lower. And yes, I've definitely, successfully quit smoking!

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Thanks for the opinions everybody. Good job on quitting and let me know if you need any tips though I frankly am no expert. I think we will be ok. This stuff if harmful at all certainly isn't as bad as the thousands of chemicals in cigs. I'll consider the wta too. Have y'all tried it?

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I don't plan to ever stop vaping. I have a lot of money tied up in this hobby of mine, and I enjoy it greatly.

I was a chain smoker and worked my way up to nearly 4 packs a day after 42 years of smoking. I started off vaping 24mg of nic and continued that for well over a year. I'm now down to 6mg and thinking of trying to go down to 3mg.

I consider vaping to be a great success in my ability to quit smoking. I tried many times to quit. It seemed like every time I tried to quit and failed I smoked more than I had before I tried...kind of like trying to make up for lost time smoking. I even tried hypnosis twice and acupuncture. Needless to say, nothing worked for me until I started vaping. It even took me 3 tries at vaping before it worked. Being a hard core chain smoker who quit by vaping speaks for itself at to how vaping can work for pretty much anyone.

Nowadays I can stand right next to a smoker and not crave a smoke. I don't enjoy the smell, but it doesn't bother me in the least either. I call that a win. :thumbs:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thanks for the opinions everybody. Good job on quitting and let me know if you need any tips though I frankly am no expert. I think we will be ok. This stuff if harmful at all certainly isn't as bad as the thousands of chemicals in cigs. I'll consider the wta too. Have y'all tried it?

It was what made my recovery from last summer's relapse possible -- digestive issues following an appendectomy caused ungodly cravings, but the WTA totally eliminated them. I used it as 10% of my vape for about 5 months, and in January started dropping it by one percentage point a month, so I'm now at 5%. I get the 24mg unflavored at wholecig.com. It's also prevented any recurrence of the depression I suffered the first time around, pre-appendectomy & relapse.

Andria

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
It was what made my recovery from last summer's relapse possible -- digestive issues following an appendectomy caused ungodly cravings, but the WTA totally eliminated them. I used it as 10% of my vape for about 5 months, and in January started dropping it by one percentage point a month, so I'm now at 5%. I get the 24mg unflavored at wholecig.com. It's also prevented any recurrence of the depression I suffered the first time around, pre-appendectomy & relapse.

Andria
Andria I'm sorry to hear that. After reading all your posts you seem like a wonderful person and a nice lady. Thanks for the advice. I'll
Check out wholecig. I've been there before. Should I get 12mg? That's what nic I vape now

Reactions: BLKDOLL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread