Ex smokers. Do you plan to keep vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
Prot

Protank 2 eh? I guess you just began lol. Not a bad choice. If you ever wanna upgrade tho tk box modes and sub tanks feel free to pm me. I'm no expert but am knowledgable. I'm glad your done smoking. Stay strong and let me know if you need anything. Luckily I only smoked for like 3 years
Thanks for the support Scotticus and congratulations on 1 year, 4 months and 15 days without a cig. I was a veteran smoker but I'm a rookie when it comes to vaping. I need all the help I can get. Folks on this forum have been a great help. Thanks again and I'll take you up on your offer of help with upgrades.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I was a 2PAD Swisher Sweet Cherry Cigar smoker during my last 6 years of smoking. That is what I had to use after Chantex got me off Marlboro Red 100 cigarettes.. :blink:
I Have quit smoking. I can not go back. I will not go back. Pass any stupid law you want. You can not stop me from vaping since I can make everything I need.
I started with 48mg Nic to get me off those cigars.. reduced to 36mg after about 45 days. Reduced that further to about 21mg after 3 months and started DIYing my own liquids. 4 months ago, I reduced it to 9mg with 6 and 3mg mixes in there for the heavy hitting devices I use. I may even play with 0 nic now and then, but I will not go totally nic free. I don't want to. I'm stocked for the next many years with 10mg base (gallons) and 100mg nic for backup.

My wife is the same. As long as I can keep her happy in her vaping, she never wants to quit either.
Now, since this is my only vice, other than chasing younger women (Wife doesn't mind :w00t: ) I think I'm doing pretty good!
There is no way she let's you chase younger women. Is that an open marriage you are in?!

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
H
42 years of stinkies, and 4 packs is my story too. A mini stroke was my motivation...it worked first time. I too started @ 24mg and am now on 3mg and playing around with 0mg. All this since Nov. 2014. A pretty quick journey.
How is possible to smoke 80 cigs a day? Do you work outside or something? I couldn't imagine smoking that much nor could I afford to do that.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
80 a day is one every 12 minutes (assuming one sleeps and doesn't smoke for hours a day). I didn't smoke quite that much, but I don't really see how it would be all that difficult.

Oh, and some of us never bought into the taboo against smoking indoors. :laugh:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
80 a day is one every 12 minutes (assuming one sleeps and doesn't smoke for hours a day). I didn't smoke quite that much, but I don't really see how it would be all that difficult.

Oh, and some of us never bought into the taboo against smoking indoors. :laugh:

At one point, I was smoking a bit more than 3 pks a day... maybe 3.5... but that was over once I started taking it outdoors, it immediately dropped to 2pks a day.

Andria

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I worked my way up to smoking 3 1/2 to 4 packs a day when I was laid off for 2 years. I sat at my computer for hours on end and smoked cigarettes one after another. I could afford to since they were rollies that only cost about $1.50 a pack. Believe me, it wasn't hard at all to smoke that many in a day. :?:

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
H

How is possible to smoke 80 cigs a day? Do you work outside or something? I couldn't imagine smoking that much nor could I afford to do that.
Well, yes and no. At one point in my life I worked in a factory that allowed smoking and I was there 12 hours a day 7 days a week for nearly 30 years...then I started my own business building custom built furniture in my own shop. Now, you gotta realize 4 packs a day is a peak number, more often it was 3 packs a day. Both of my jobs were/are high stress. Looking back at family pictures, if you see me in a picture...I've got a .... hangin' out of my mouth or in my hand. I was one of those "talented" people that could smoke and work with a cig hangin' in my mouth. I could light one up and smoke the whole thing without ever taking it out of my mouth. I could even flick the ashes with my teeth on the filter. TALENTED!!! Cost never seemed to be an issue. Factory life brought me $100,000 and after retirement I found roll your own smokes at $27.00 a carton.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I'm in the process of winding down as we speak from my original 18mg . Have been doing 10mg for a few months. Recently got 6mg which has worked well for me. Haven't had the guts to try 0mg yet, but I do have 0mg sitting in the fridge. If that works the last phase would be VG mixed with PGA 'til the hand-to-mouth subsides.
Then sit back and watch the BG, BT, BP, ANTZ, etc. squirm from folks like me saying "WE'RE MAD AS HELL, AND WE AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!"
I'm sure they'll find some other way to Leach off the Proletariat. They are creative.

ArdDarvis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Okiphenoki, OK
I was a half pack+ a day smoker of 10 years. I started solely vaping in novemenber of last year. VW, dripping, DIY juice, the whole 9. I usually just mixed 3mg/ml and vaped more if i needed it.

6 weeks ago, I decided to simply not put nic in my juice anymore. It's been very good since then- I don't feel any urge to vape (which is an interesting feeling, having been addicted for 10 years), but I still do throughout the day because I enjoy the flavors.

I know eventually I'll feel confident enough to go out drinkin without a mod, but I also know how much I enjoy the hobby and the action of vaping, and that it will always be a part of my life.

Not being an addict is a goal I had dismissed a long time ago. I was stupid then.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
At one point, I was smoking a bit more than 3 pks a day... maybe 3.5... but that was over once I started taking it outdoors, it immediately dropped to 2pks a day.

Andria

You may have had the same intake though. A smoker in a relaxed indoor setup may leave the cigarette resting in the ashtray for extended periods, to the effect of reducing the average number and intensity of puffs. The "go outdoors" thing ensures that you will take about the maximum number of puffs possible from each and every cigarette.

Reactions: Rossum

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire
You may have had the same intake though. A smoker in a relaxed indoor setup may leave the cigarette resting in the ashtray for extended periods, to the effect of reducing the average number and intensity of puffs. The "go outdoors" thing ensures that you will take about the maximum number of puffs possible from each and every cigarette.

My habit was hand-rolling tobacco - if you don't keep puffing it, it just goes out.

It was much stronger tobacco and much less of it got wasted by burning away on the ash tray.

Funny thing I've noticed when my coil needs rewinding; its the flavour I notice dropping off more than the throat hit.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Probably true -- but at least I was spending less! :thumb: And not contributing to my son's bronchitis. :thumbs:

Andria

Reactions: caramel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread