Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Can you give me some tips on DIY. I may get into it eventually. J know you put pg vg nic and food flavorings together. But I don't understand the recipe and everything. You can post on here. But if you can pm about it that would be great. I'm trying to save money but I'll admit idk what I'm doing. I finally got rebuildables down. Next step in this hobby is DIY

The best tip for someone who's thinking about getting into DIY is, read the Flavor Apprentice thread in the DIY e-liquid forum -- it's vast, but it contains a vast amount of knowledge, experience, help, tips, and some outright genius -- and a great group of said geniuses! Most of what I learned about DIY, before I started at all, I learned from that thread -- and after I had been reading it for a while, I mixed up a new flavor, a recipe I created myself after perusing a great many strawberry & cream recipes... and after one or two little tweaks, that was the most amazing ejuice I've ever tasted -- it's still my ADV, about 6 months later. I think that was about the 3rd or 4th "from scratch" DIY I tried, so imagine my amazement, when the previous efforts had been so ...blah...

Anyone who reads that thread and uses the techniques described therein can make good ejuice, no question about it.

Andria

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
The best tip for someone who's thinking about getting into DIY is, read the Flavor Apprentice thread in the DIY e-liquid forum -- it's vast, but it contains a vast amount of knowledge, experience, help, tips, and some outright genius -- and a great group of said geniuses! Most of what I learned about DIY, before I started at all, I learned from that thread -- and after I had been reading it for a while, I mixed up a new flavor, a recipe I created myself after perusing a great many strawberry & cream recipes... and after one or two little tweaks, that was the most amazing ejuice I've ever tasted -- it's still my ADV, about 6 months later. I think that was about the 3rd or 4th "from scratch" DIY I tried, so imagine my amazement, when the previous efforts had been so ...blah...

Anyone who reads that thread and uses the techniques described therein can make good ejuice, no question about it.

Andria
Fair enough. This forum is a great resource. I'll go check that out. And look at the beginner tips and then I guess if I had an extra questions I could ask you. It all can be a little intimidating

Reactions: AndriaD

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire
Well, I finally looked over and saw where you are, and biking now makes a lot more sense. It's not sensible at all, here; things are too far apart, and there are far too many cars driving at insane speeds on multi-lane roads all over the place. My husband used to have a motorcycle, and that was pretty fun, but he had a wreck on it and while he went to the ER, some nefarious villain stole it off the side of the road. :facepalm: So now we have a pickup truck, and I much prefer it. :D Power-everything, air conditioning, a great stereo with CD player, and we could haul a lot of crap if necessary. :D That SOOOOOO beats anything on 2 wheels, powered or not. :D

Andria

There's no shortage of idiots driving cars here - you just have to pick the quieter roads as much as you can.

A few years ago it was reported on the news, some bloke had a crash on his motorcycle, even as he lay injured in the road som men in a van pulled up, loaded his bike in the back and just drove off.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
There's no shortage of idiots driving cars here - you just have to pick the quieter roads as much as you can.

A few years ago it was reported on the news, some bloke had a crash on his motorcycle, even as he lay injured in the road som men in a van pulled up, loaded his bike in the back and just drove off.

To me, I just can't imagine choosing a bike just to go somewhere; that's what cars are for! :D

Andria

skillzizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2015
west lebanon nh
I used to smoke half a pack a day and now I'm quit. I'm vaping 12mg now. I used to do 24. Granted I do sub ohm now. My main question is do you ex smokers ever plan on cutting down to zero nic if you haven't already. Do you ever plan on quitting altogether? Vaping for me has become a hobby and here's second part of my question. Do you consider vaping a successful quit of smoking? Many say not enough studies to say whether it's safe. But I think it's like saying if you smoke it's like souping up sports cars and street racing. Sure it's fun but super dangerous. Vaping is like souping up your car but instead going to car shows and drives. Much safer and a healthy hobby.

I used to smoke a pack and a half a day. I have not smoked a real cig in over a year. I tried to cut it down onece i got to 12 percent nic and just smoked it constantly so diddnt realy work that way for me it was my intent to beging with. I still consider i smoke just changed the way i get my nicotine i say

cocoloco

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Colorado
I really haven't given much thought to working my way down to zero nicotine. I started vaping to get away from cigarettes, not nicotine. I usually let my body decide if it's getting enough. When I started, I was vaping about 40 cartomizers a week. Today that number is down to about 20. Same device; same nic content. We'll see where it goes.

I've been vaping for about three and a half years. In that time, studies have been made and remade. No one seems able to dispel the advantages of vaping over smoking. I know that my doctors is happy. I don't have hack-attacks any more; no phlegm issues or shortness of breath. All in all, I feel good.

Of course, if my doctor says "stop", then I'll give it some thought.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I smoked at least 25 cancersticks per day for decades.
I haven't had a puff of smoke in over 2 years directly due to vaping.
I'll quit vaping if I get sick of it or if science shows it to be very harmful.
IOW - not for a long, long time.

My family & friends will also vape as long as they like. No matter what.

10378533_1518565308374294_3657749808131693840_n.jpg

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
I really haven't given much thought to working my way down to zero nicotine. I started vaping to get away from cigarettes, not nicotine. I usually let my body decide if it's getting enough. When I started, I was vaping about 40 cartomizers a week. Today that number is down to about 20. Same device; same nic content. We'll see where it goes.

I've been vaping for about three and a half years. In that time, studies have been made and remade. No one seems able to dispel the advantages of vaping over smoking. I know that my doctors is happy. I don't have hack-attacks any more; no phlegm issues or shortness of breath. All in all, I feel good.

Of course, if my doctor says "stop", then I'll give it some thought.

Buying disposable carts sounds so uneconomic lol. Why not just get a tank?

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
It is, but my wife prefers them. I buy them for her and as she uses them up, I refill them with my juice and vape them dozens of times.
Fair enough. Not a bad way to go. Just stay off the cigs lol. Tank is cheaper. Keep exploring options and keep vaping. Whatever makes you happy. Feel free to message me if you ever have questions. I do know a bit now.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
i wasn't going to quit vaping.. i enjoy it very much. but i wanted a tattoo, i have two.. and i wanted to get another one that balance it out on my back. my lovely wife and the kids were willing to let me mutilate myself again.. but on the condition that i quit vaping and no nic related items. well.. i tried to quit vaping and was running into panic attack. so had to sneak in some unicorn milk to calm myself down. so long story short, i'll probably work on quitting vaping.. don't know what to do with all the mech mods.

cocoloco

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Colorado
Fair enough. Not a bad way to go. Just stay off the cigs lol. Tank is cheaper. Keep exploring options and keep vaping. Whatever makes you happy. Feel free to message me if you ever have questions. I do know a bit now.

Staying off cigs is not a problem. As my signature shows, three years and seven months ago I quit smoking. I fully intend to keep it that way.

I'm sure tanks are cheaper, but love has a way of justifying a small sacrifice on my part. If this is what it takes to keep her off cigs, then so be it. I want her to stick around a bit longer. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Staying off cigs is not a problem. As my signature shows, three years and seven months ago I quit smoking. I fully intend to keep it that way.

I'm sure tanks are cheaper, but love has a way of justifying a small sacrifice on my part. If this is what it takes to keep her off cigs, then so be it. I want her to stick around a bit longer. :)

My husband's exact response to the never-ending vapemail and clouds in front of the TV. :D

Andria

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013

Ok that's fair. So do y'all both use strictly carts or just the wife? And some prefer that so I understand. It's all relative. I think carts are great afterall

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, let's see. I smoked for 45+ years. Have been vaping for 3 1/2 years. Couldn't give up the smokes before vaping came along. Don't plan on even trying to give up the vape for at least 45+ years. Can't say I enjoyed smoking. It was just what I did. I do enjoy vaping so see no reason to give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread