Excessively Mentholated E-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasegawa

Apr 6, 2017
Hello

I am new to e-cigarettes. Yesterday, I purchased an "ice cream" e-liquid (root beer float). The menthol taste is too strong I can barely taste the "root beer". How do I reduce the menthol flavour or get rid of it completely? I realised I am not into mentholated e-liquid (or cigarettes because I used to smoke Marlboro Red). It tastes like toothpaste. I tried mixing it with a milk flavoured e-liquid, but if there are other options without mixing, I would like to know.

Thank you,
Hasegawa

Hasegawa

Apr 6, 2017
Menthol is very intense.

Atty will taste ever so slighty of menthol, even after a good number of refills.

It's frequently used in DIY to tweak fruity flavours.

But if anything menthol isn't your thing at all: New atty, or at least a thorough cleaning and no more mentholated liquids.

Yes, I read the same information, so I may have to do thorough cleaning once I finish this one. Is there a way I can reduce the menthol flavour of the e-liquid itself? Thank you!

Last edited:

Hasegawa

Apr 6, 2017
Not really, no. Youd be diluting it so many times if be pointless.

btw anyone else try the new capellas mint flavors? First time ever for me to actually enjoy menthol.

I guess I have to either dilute it with VG (according to other members) or mix it with a different flavour. I heard that e-liquid you are talking about is good, I just doubt it is available in the country I am from. Thank you!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
That's the rub with online shopping - can't taste the stuff.
B&M shops allow you to sample for a nominal fee ( no more free tasting 'thanks' to the FDA ).
Many online vendors offer attractively priced sampler packages to overcome that.

And then there's always DIY - isn't that hard to do, saves money, and you get to tickle the most discerning palate in the universe - yours :)

Hasegawa

Apr 6, 2017
That's the rub with online shopping - can't taste the stuff.
B&M shops allow you to sample for a nominal fee ( no more free tasting 'thanks' to the FDA ).
Many online vendors offer attractively priced sampler packages to overcome that.

And then there's always DIY - isn't that hard to do, saves money, and you get to tickle the most discerning palate in the universe - yours :)

I got this e-liquid from a B & M, all B & Ms here in the country I am from have free samples; however, you may only try it if you use an RDA. Currently, I am still using a tank. I might try DIY when I get a chance to buy the ingredients. Thank you for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread