exhaustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
I agree wholeheartedly with the respondents above. I would say up your nicotine level. If you look up Nicotine on Wilkipedia It states;
Nicotine's mood-altering effects are different by report: in particular it is both a stimulant and a relaxant.[31] First causing a release of glucose from the liver and epinephrine (adrenaline) from the adrenal medulla, it causes stimulation. Users report feelings of relaxation, sharpness, calmness, and alertness.[32] Like any stimulant, it may very rarely cause the often catastrophically uncomfortable neuropsychiatric effect of akathisia. By reducing the appetite and raising the metabolism, some smokers may lose weight as a consequence.[33][34]

When a cigarette is smoked, nicotine-rich blood passes from the lungs to the brain within seven seconds and immediately stimulates the release of many chemical messengers including acetylcholine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, vasopressin, arginine, dopamine, autocrine agents, and beta-endorphin.[35] This release of neurotransmitters and hormones is responsible for most of nicotine's effects. Nicotine appears to enhance concentration[36] and memory due to the increase of acetylcholine. It also appears to enhance alertness due to the increases of acetylcholine and norepinephrine. Arousal is increased by the increase of norepinephrine. Pain is reduced by the increases of acetylcholine and beta-endorphin. Anxiety is reduced by the increase of beta-endorphin. Nicotine also extends the duration of positive effects of dopamine[37] and increases sensitivity in brain reward systems.[38] Most cigarettes (in the smoke inhaled) contain 1 to 3 milligrams of nicotine.[39]

Research suggests that, when smokers wish to achieve a stimulating effect, they take short quick puffs, which produce a low level of blood nicotine.[40] This stimulates nerve transmission. When they wish to relax, they take deep puffs, which produce a high level of blood nicotine, which depresses the passage of nerve impulses, producing a mild sedative effect. At low doses, nicotine potently enhances the actions of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain, causing a drug effect typical of those of psychostimulants. At higher doses, nicotine enhances the effect of serotonin and opiate activity, producing a calming, pain-killing effect. Nicotine is unique in comparison to most drugs, as its profile changes from stimulant to sedative/pain killer in increasing dosages and use.
It's no wonder that with your type of work you don't feel like you are as alert as you did with the amount of analogs you smoked. Analogs make you alert, and according to Wilkipedia, can also help you slow down, to sleep. :)
Don't give up, try different things. The best thing about e-cigs is there are so many different things you can try, all under your control. Unlike analogs.

To keep in mind: vaping only delivers about a tenth of the nicotine that smoking does. And it does so MUCH more gradually rather than the bang/zap of hitting a cigarette and instantly feeling zippy. Thus, you will vape more (at least for a while) and I agree you should UP your nicotine content. Taper it back down at night so you can sleep without the jitters.

Get some strong coffee, too!!

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
so u think i should order some 36 as well and switch thruout the day? i know there is no exact science here. but some educated guesses would be helpful. gathering if i do that i should go for the low end at night so i can sleep.

You could get some 36 in one of the flavors that you already use just to try it, and if it's too much you can mix it with your 18 (50/50) and it'll become 27(?). Or you can just use it during your trigger moments too if you like; after meals, first vape of the day, etc...

IMO, you'll probably notice a difference with 24 though, since you didn't mention having cravings too (which indicates to me that you are near or close to your ideal mg right now).

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
This is what i do dinky. I have a cart filled with choco/peanutbutter 36mg 70pg/30/vg that I will use 1st thing in the am. Doesnt give me the headrush that 1st analog always did but it helps. For the rest of the day i switch to 24mg. If i start to feel that craving, in goes the 36mg for a couple of shots and im good again.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
thanks rosa. ordered a couple of 24 and a couple of the next level. as u said i can always mix it and bring the levels up on the others if it is too much. a bit of a craving but nothing i cant work thru. my biggest craving is not being able to taste the fruities and a lot of the menthols etc are harsh and bother my throat.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
thanks rob. as promised ordered post haste. so im anxious for this stuff to come in and see if that take care of the problem. in the meantime i will get the vits and plug in the coffee pot. coffe wires me but i bet it wont right now...... i just have to get thru this some how and pray that this stuff comes fast so i can see if it works. thanks again fro the support.

TeeFour

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Hadley, Massachusetts
How much are you vaping? I find that my body absorbs nicotine very differently with my PV than with analogs. I'd smoke an analog and feel sort of drowsy, likely a combination of nicotine, carbon monoxide, and reduced lung function. Then 10 min later be fine. With my PV I'm getting more nicotine constantly all day, and it affects me very differently. I'll end up having to go a day or two being very light on my PV use, make sure I get lots of sleep (why am I still awake btw? 0_o) and drink lots of water. Then the drowsy feeling I had goes away. Then I get a new shipment of delicious flavors in, vape way too much, and then its back to square one.
Who knows, it may even be an adverse reaction to some chemical in the juice. Possibly your body is reacting in the same way, and the effect is being compounded by your analog withdrawal and your body's habit of dealing with shorter, larger bursts of nicotine. But I'm no doctor either, just my 2 cents.

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
Hey Dinky. An option out there that I havn't seen mentioned is a higher voltage device or a low recistance atomizer (those require larger batteries than a standard 510 sized battery). They generally produce more vapor which could help. Also, I find they replicate anologs a bit better because you don't have to draw on them as long to get the same amount of vapor. There are tons of devices, juices and mods out there so don't give up just yet, you could still find the solution.

I noticed you said you have fibromyalgia. I didn't know what that was so I googled it. Many of the symptoms I came across were related to lack of sleep/poor sleep. Could there be some kind of interaction between the withdrawal from analogs and the fibromyalgia (completly guessing).

Yay first post \o/

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
thanks spek yes fibro already makes me extremely tired and i work around it on a daily basis. however this is like being up for 3 days straight without even a nap. night before last i slep for 6 hours. went to sleep at 4pm and slept another 6 hours was up for 5 and went to sleep for another 6. and guess what.... im still not awake. not even close. this is way beyond my typical fibro tired and since nothing else has changed except for vaping i have to believe its the vape. thanks so much for caring enough to google fibro. we both started our posting on this one. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread