exhaustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
rosa thanks for all those attachments. i went thru all of that and do believe my nic levels are too low. didnt see anything on the list that triggered concerns about my nic levels being too high although many of the symptoms on the list are also things that fibro ppl deal with everyday. i have to believe since those issues havent gotten worse that they are not a factor in all of this at least for now. i ordered 24 and 30 last night and am anxious for them to come so i can see if this helps. will update once i give this a try. thanks again rosa and thank u all for caring so much to respond.

VAPlN'

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Iowa
Wow... hang in there. Your story really gave me some perspective on my life again. Funny how a person gets to thinking they have it rough, until they hear about someone dealing with a real problem (your FM). I read a similar post a while back where someone had the sleepies after quitting the stinky sticks and switching to vaping. They upped their nic % and then couldn't sleep worth a darn. They ended up having to buy a couple of different strengths and blend one that worked for them and that worked out for them. I wish you all the best.

VAPIN' was here..... Where might he be next?

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
thanks for the support vapin. ive got the cant sleep properly problems anyway. i have no schedule. i just know i cant be zombie working and thats where im at right now. i have to get some control of this one way or another. i am hopeful that the change in nic levels will help and i will be back to my old fm self again.... hey not perfect but better than this. thats for sure. anxious for my new juie to come in and to get started. hey u never know... i may be better than my old fibro self. now wouldnt that be something lol

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
i did talk to the pharmacist today and he suggested i buy centrum or its equiv and double dose it for a while. also suggested adding 500-100 of c 3-4 times a day and adding 1000 mg of b-12 or a b complex to the mix. unfortunately i was unable to get myself out the door again today. thats 4 days now. just too exhausted. maybe tomorrow.......

meanmoe

Feb 27, 2011
Alabama
yes thats it exactly. im a very strong person but this exhaustion is tearing me down to the point i can hardly function. i work 80-100 hours a week. i have a very detailed oriented job. its high stress. i cant make mistakes. i cant miss deadlines. i need to be dead on all the time. no room for error. ive gotta find an answer and i have to do it quickly. the affects are starting to show and its scary. so yup im game for input and im willing to try anything with in reason lol. just need some input because at this point im having trouble thinking.

dinky - I'm in the same boat. I quit smoking again and turned completely back to the e-cig about 4 weeks ago. Since then, I've also had the zits and the flu and I'm also exhausted. I don't work those hours, but I do work a good 50-80 a week at a detail oriented job which requires complete focus. I also have the insomnia and resultant complete disappearance of schedule now - but it's getting better.

I purposely went low on the nicotine because I eventually want to be free of it. I have noticed that it is getting better. At 100 hours/week, there's not really much you can do except start smoking again until your schedule lightens. I hate even mentioning this, but this is what I have done. I failed previously, about a year ago, due to a horrendous work schedule and stacked deadlines. I'm finished for good now though. Honestly though, if you're capable of pushing 100hr weeks, you're capable of whipping this too.

You could potentially up the nic like others have suggested. I'll warn you though that this can have some other unintended effects related to focus if you're not dialed in well enough. When I need a kick, I chew some left over nic gum, but for the most part I just deal with it. You have to eat during the day now.

It will get better, it is for me anyway, you just have to adjust. You can do it!

Last edited:

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
yes i ve noticed i need to eat more..... body is showing it too. i do have some nic gum around here so i might try some of that when im really tanking. i thought about it but was afraid of a nic overload. unfortunately the work schedule is what it is. its been like that for 28 yrs. i just deal with it. i know im walking the line right now and am thankful that the work load has been down a bit over the last couple of weeks. its given me a chance to take those horribly long naps but that cant continue. by mid next week i will be cranked back up to the old work load i would suspect. so im hoping the new juice comes in beofer the weekend and i can get started and see how it works before things go crazy.

meanmoe

Feb 27, 2011
Alabama
I'm glad you posted. It makes me feel a little better.

It will be nice to get the schedule back - I'm tired, but I don't really get any good napping in. Either I'm not in a situation where it's possible or I just can't fall asleep. We should get the nic withdrawal symptoms list amended. We need to add Zombie effect to it. It really is getting better.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
WOW I'm so glad I found this... Please tell me what e flu is I think I get why I have been ill with what I though was the flu, and I was just starting to feel better , but I'm really tired and sleeping alot, but, there are nights I can't sleep at all. I will come back and read more please tell me what your symptoms were, i cut my nic back, think that might be why I'm depressed, well, more than normal, for me LOL

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
Fortunately I'm retired...my 80 hr weeks are over. BUT, I'm going through the same thing. I'm just plain exhausted. I've always been a night owl...but now, I hardly go to bed before 6-7 am. Sleep till about noon...and could sleep all day. Sometimes I take a little nap in the evening, but not often. We have a lot of dogs to care for (hubby is the morning shift), so I just can't ignore them. Getting into show season for them soon, and need to start the grooming NOW. I just don't have the energy. Also need to start spring cleaning...ummm...yep, will do that soon. I have about enough energy to do the basics, and that's it.

I was using a higher nic level (24) at certain times of the day until a week or so ago, but have backed it down to 18. I was a pack to a pack and a quarter smoker a day (Capri...which are ultra lights). I did find that if I vaped before bed, I couldn't go to sleep. I used to stop smoking about an hour before bed...was busy with bath, getting dog out, feeding cats, then bed. Never smoked upstairs at all. I think the vaping actually makes me not able to fall asleep as easily. And that's something I have to try. Just leave the pv downstairs like I used to with the pack of cigs. Hopefully that helps.

It sounds like the vaping is keeping me awake...versus making me tired. Nope. It's keeping me awake right before bed, and the dogs keep me awake the rest of the time. LOL I am SO dragging! During the day I could fall asleep at the kitchen table. I have zero energy to actually DO anything.

I've always been a 5-6 hr a day sleeper, so not much has changed there. But I used to have energy. Not anymore.

Last edited:

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
well if u read what everyone posted to this newbie and im a newbie too..... ur probably going to want to kick ur nic back up i woulf suspect. but ask the experts please. but a while ago i came down with something that resembled the flu. no fever, no chills no sweat but boy it felt like the flu in every other way possible. i was coughing up my lungs. i couldnt lay flat in bed. all the regular flu symptoms but no fever etc. it lasted for a couple of weeks and then poof it was gone. i went into the chat room and asked if anyone else had experienced this and thats when i found out about the quitters flu. now im dealing with this exhaustion mess. if u read what everyone wrote to me u will get some good input. im going to get the vits if i can get out the door tomorrow. hoping that and the increase in nic will do the trick. hang in and good luck

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
I got a flu type thing a couple of weeks ago. Started like a cold, then turned into a flu like thing. I never got "really" sick, but I felt achy, my head hurt, and I felt like I was walking with weights on my ankles. LOL It took a good week to totally go away.

Tonight I'm going to NOT vape for an hour before bed at all (which also means I won't be sucking down glasses of liquid either), just like I used to do with cigs. Hopefully I can fall asleep at a more reasonable hour (maybe 4 am instead of 6?), and hopefully get myself back to getting something done. LOL

I've started taking the vitamins...plus C, B12, and D3. I'm not much of an outdoor person, so I'm sure the lack of sunlight (and the lack of Vit D) is also playing a role in this tiredness. Also, pollen season has hit...sinus headaches have been rampant, and not only mine...but everyone else too (even the dogs are getting runny eyes), so that also might be impacting things as well. I actually felt better a month ago (two months into vaping) than I do now. So I'm not sure it's entirely the cigarette withdrawal, although that might be playing a role.

February is known to be the most depressing month of the year for many people. So, I'm hoping that's just it this year. Long winter is almost over. Need more sunlight! :)

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
ardeagold. beautiful dog. yeah i hear u... and the more ppl say they backed their nic level down and now they are tired the more i think i need to kick my nic levels up and so do u guys.... i hear u on animal care. i have that around here too. im a foster parent for a local animals shelter and bring home the critical care animals...... wouldnt give it up for the world but yup its a stretch right now. and i hear u on the mind is willing but the body says no. did u read thru the responses to my post. maybe there is something that will help u too. there is one post from rosa with a lot of links attached. there is some good info in there and what i read was enough to get me to get some juice with some higher nic levels. backing my nic off will have to come later. right now i need to survive and be happy with all the other junk im not sucking into my body anymore.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
I did look through them. Thanks to her...and to you for bringing this up.

Yep, I'm into my own animal care now. But we have a LOT of them. 15 in fact. About half are rescues, a few are show dogs, others are "just pets". They require a lot of time and effort. Especially since they're hairy. hahaha! And, they're blowing coat big time...which is normal this time of year.

Show season starts mid April, so I really need to get the first big grooming session done now...and after that, it's bath and trim/reshape weekly. (It looks better that way...not to do the big groom right before showing). One Newf takes a full 8 hrs to do a full show groom on. I divide that into two days. And since I have to show groom two..it's time to just do it! :) The others need to be bathed, and trimmed. But they're not as labor intensive. I can do one of the others in an hour and a half. Getting out the winter undercoat takes some time, but that's actually relaxing. They sleep, I comb. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread