exhaustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sounds like your living my life, it's scary because I know not to push it or I'll end up with a full blown fibro attack, plus I was disabled in the war I ended up with a rather messed up back, so on top of the fibro, I have to take in account my pain, limitations, pain medication and the depression its a very delicate balance. Well, in that balance that I didn't take into as much attention as I should of was my Nicotine. I couldn't find information as to how much I was ingesting so I could find the equal amount of nicotine that I should be vaping. I noticed most of the sites considered 26 mg to be high, so I just assumed..There is my mistake.. So my question is what is the mount how often should I be vaping and how long should a vaping episode be lasting?

We should have a must read if your a Noob vapor.

I would still like to know what the smokers flu is all about, I caught the flu right around the same time I quit smoking and started vaping. If you see my banner you can see how long I have been down sick and quite tired... I will share my doctors experience when I come back :)

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
i hear u on the back stuff. me too. pain and more pain. i really think i thought that getting off the smokes would help my fibro too. well thats where i was wrong to some extent. everything with fibro is a delicate balance and my quitting really did affect things..... i anticipate that when i figure it all out and come out the other side it will be better for my fibro and all but for now its a total mess. ive gotta get my levels on track. i have to do a lot of things i guess. im bumping my nic up to 24. just waiting for that shipment to hit the door. i can back it down a little at a time and if that means mixing 22, 20, and so on then thats what i will do so my system doesnt go nuts again.

went to the dr today. looking like death. he was horrified. wanted to know what the heck happened to me since last week when he saw me. he gave me my allergy shots and then he asked how long i had been vaping. i told him 2 months. his answer was so why didnt u use the patch. ud be off nicotine by now...... he didnt get it. it was depressing to say the least. think that will be the last time i share my vaping experince with a dr for a while..... not good.

they dont get it. i quit and something bad happens and im right back to smoking. its only a matter of time. im trying this and hoping someday maybe i will be able to back myself down to nothing and stay quit..... i dont want to temp quit... ever again.... and if i cant pull it off well at least im doing this insteady of stinky sitcks and that has to be an improvement somehow.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
well here is my experience with the quitters flu. it feels like the flu but no chills really, no headache, no fever but boy was i sick. coughing up a lung, head draining. i was just miserable. it lasted a while. but as u know fibro ppl dont get over things as fast as the rest of the world. if everyone else says 2 weeks its going to take us at least 4. thats how it goes. if someone else says they were miserable, we feel like we are going to die. how it goes............... it went away as mysteriously as it came on. hopefully this is something u only get once. dont want it again. lol

before you give up on e-cigs try upping your nic level to 24mg and see if that helps.

also, don't discount the need to drink a lot more water if you aren't already (and I mean a LOT). Vaping will totally dehydrate you and dehydration causes exhaustion.

Quoting for emphasis. I'm a freaking camel lately.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
im betting some others can give u a better idea as to how high the nic should be and how much to vape. im new to this too. but i also suspect it depends on u..... and everyone has to find their own level. just my thoughts. i smoked 2 pack a day for 25 yrs +-. i started with 8 and 12. silly me. then i stepped it up to 12 and 18. looks like that isnt enough either. ive heard from quite a few ppl that a person who smoked 2 packs a day for that period of time probably needs at least 24 to start.... im going to try it and see how it goes. if its too much at some point i can mix the juice i have with my bottles of 12 and be back at 18... thats my thoughts. will just have to see how it does.

there are 7 of us in my family and friends that started to vape over the past few months. im the one that cant seem to find my level. i suspect its a fibro thing but who knows. u know how our bodies are constantly changing.

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
I started at 36mg and now I'm anywhere from 24-30mg. I smoked for 40+ years and just knew I should start high, so my first juice buy was 36mg. It is not a major issue for me WHEN I cut down my nic, my biggest concern when I started was to STOP smoking and I did that on vape day 2. Next, I'll cut down when I cut down.
Good luck to you all. thumb:

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
i guess ive adopted the same philosophy at this point . i will back it down as i back it down. i was just fooling myself thinking i could start somewhere in the middle. however i had no concept of how much nic these e cigs were really putting out.... now im hearing like 1/10 of an analog. i just need to get real with myself and bump it up for now. once im stable i can start working myself down. but this time i going to do it a tiny little bit at a time. i need to stop the stupid and get real lol

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
:evil:I really wonder which one or combination of those 4000 enigmatic chemicals has the power to do this to myself and other's, I take a very high dose of morphine, along with a cocktail of pill that could tranquilize an blue whale, I have too many times been asked how I'm able to function. I went for procedure that required me to be sedated, well after 4 attempt, and enough to put a 350 guy in a coma, the doctor gave up, he informed me that he had never seen such a resistance, I ended up having to go under a general at the hospital, that ended up being an epic disaster. When they initially switched me to the medication I'm on now, I had to stop taking the previous medication, due to the danger I was hospitalized as my body withdrew, it sucked BUT, it was far less that what I have been going through getting off the analogs. I can't imagine what addictive agent is utilized, to be able to kick me down so hard, I mean this is scary, I'm wondering if the demonization of nicotine was a ploy, to hide what ever chemical(s) are so highly addictive to do this. Granted, this new found knowledge will forever keep me from ever smoking cigarettes again. Dink, think carefully before picking up a cigarette again, we have already gone through or still going through the worst of it everyday is another day I don't want to repeat.

As for your doctor, don't let discourage you, your just 1 of her/his patients, BUT, you are your only one, and most important, so research, read, seek information. When I decided to quit smoking, I spoke with my doctor because nicotine alters the way some medications work, often your doses on certain medications will have to be changed. Again sense the beginning of the nicotine witch hunts, they(who were they? the tobacco companies? Why strangly enough it was) pretty much spelled out its effects on certain types of pain and illnesses, its reaction to certain types of medication, and its effects on certain medications, but for some reason that was it, it was given it's scarlet letter, and it all ended.

Now enter this thing called an e-cigarette, which lets you keep the "evil nicotine" even lets you keep the way it was absorbed through the lungs, so switching over shouldn't be all that much different, yet because your able to get the nicotine without having to burn tobacco its far more beneficial (there are lots of other benefits also) Ok, now basically, we knew our lungs had to clear themselves out, but, the severe withdrawals that effect some people, maybe the fibro is a factor here, I notice allot of those having these issues suffer from fibro, which is still a mystery illness., where could this be coming from? can't be that evil nicotine, because I'm still getting that, so what could be causing it?

Look whatever it is. its one dangerous chemical(s) one I would like to know about, anything that can cause withdrawal symptoms more severe than opiates, is a highly addictive monster, one that is far from a natural occurrence. I have heard it said cigarettes are as hard to quit as ...... addiction, we are lead to believe it is the nicotine which causes this.... Well, I think those of us who have switched to electronic cigarettes are finding out its NOT the nicotine. Call me a conspiracy theorist but, maybe the FDA is trying so hard to stop us from even being able to purchase the e cigarette, might be because of what we are now just only beginning to see, the tip of a highly dangerous and addictive chemical iceberg, which we were not aware of. If what I'm saying is true, if the tobacco companies were using a chemical(s) so strong, stronger than any addictive agent, it would quash the fact that smokers knowing the danger, still chose to smoke. Let's remember that it is because we know this, the tobacco companies are NOT held liable for are nicotine ONLY addiction, it would bring to light something so inconceivable, unethical a crime against humanity. Has the cigarette companies been with the knowledge of the FDA using nicotine along with a chemical(s) so highly addictive it surpasses opiate and ...... drug addictions. They would never do anything like that, now would they.... did I just rant?:evil:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
@ Dark:

Yup. According to this, smoking can cause you to be PERMANENTLY dependent, and furthermore women who smoke may pass on this tendency toward a smoking addiction on to their children.

Health effects of tobacco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
quote:
Recent evidence has shown that smoking tobacco increases the release of dopamine in the brain, specifically in the mesolimbic pathway, the same neuro-reward circuit activated by drugs of abuse such as _____ and _____. This suggests nicotine use has a pleasurable effect that triggers positive reinforcement.[56] One study found that smokers exhibit better reaction-time and memory performance compared to non-smokers, which is consistent with increased activation of dopamine receptors.[57] Neurologically, rodent studies have found that nicotine self-administration causes lowering of reward thresholds—a finding opposite that of most other drugs of abuse (e.g.____ and ____). This increase in reward circuit sensitivity persisted months after the self-administration ended, suggesting that nicotine's alteration of brain reward function is either long lasting or permanent.[citation needed] Furthermore, it has been found that nicotine can activate long term potentiation in vivo and in vitro.[citation needed] These studies suggest nicotine’s "trace memory" may contribute to difficulties in nicotine abstinence.[original research?]
The carcinogenity of tobacco smoke is not explained by nicotine per se, which is not carcinogenic or mutagenic. However, it inhibits apoptosis, therefore accelerating existing cancers.[58] Also, NNK, a nicotine derivative converted from nicotine, can be carcinogenic.
It is worth noting that nicotine, although frequently implicated in producing tobacco addiction, is not significantly addictive when administered alone.[59] The addictive potential manifests itself after co-administration of an MAOI, which specifically causes sensitization of the locomotor response in rats, a measure of addictive potential.[60]

Last edited:

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Even they know nicotine alone is NOT the cause of the excessively strong highly addictive abilities of analogs . I'm still going through withdrawal symptoms, of something I have no way of knowing what it is, I do know its as strong as some of the strongest pharmaceutically prescribed opiates. I have read so many stories and see some connections. This information of personal experiences is enough for even an idiot to realize it was not just Nicotine we were addicted to. So the real question is, if we were aware of the full dangers, or of how highly addictive it really is, and what is the reason for its highly addictive abilities would we still have chosen to smoke them? My answer is NO which means we have once again been lied too..go figure

Here is the kicker, the FDA knew and if it comes out it open our federal government up for suit, how far do you think they are willing to go to make sure this information is kept quiet, ban the electronic cigarette so the people don't put 1 + 1 together? Just a quick note, if I disappear someone please let wikileaks in on what we the people are finding out...

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
wow what a mouthful. so as suspected its not the nicotine alone which takes me back to what i have said all along. im having a horrible withdrawl from something or somethings..... it may be the maoi but then again there are how many other possibilities.... no of which can be dealt with because we dont know what they are. so here we all are. we are dealing with withdrawl but quite obviously its not from what they are telling us it is because we are still inhaling nic...

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
i hear u dark angel. hey i remember when decaf colas came out. i drank tons and tons of the stuff. better for me than caffiene .... right. well my skin peeled and peeled. wall to wall bandaids. couldnt figure out what was up. well guess what.... they were using a formaldehyde filtration process to get the caffiene out of the cola. in fact there were tons of things with formaldehyde in them. we just didnt know it..... of course that included cancer sticks..... guess whos allergic big time to formaldehyde. me..... so i quit drinking decaf and my hands healed and my hair quit falling out. if i had known there was formadehyde in cigs i may not of started smoking back 25 yrs ago. the point is that a lot of things arent on the labels. so where is the disclosure of info that is supposed to be on products.... i dont get it....

bigtimeweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Houston, Texas
dinky

Im wondering how your vitamin therapy is going? B12 / BComplex is a natural water soluble speed... meaning you cant OD on that - you pee out what your body doesn't need. I often put myself on a multi + the Bs to combat what you have been describing.

I personally think you can do direct combat with this via your diet (super foods) and some supplements to get you through.

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
B1 is what you are actually looking for. B12 is used for other ailments and deficiencies and b complex doesnt include enuf b1 to really make a difference. B1 or thiamine is a necessary co enzyme used for the break down of carbs. Thiamine also forces your liver to release some stored glucose as glycogen, which is the easiest sugar for the body to break down and is the reason you feel a boost after taking it.

I recommended the multi bec as the chemicals found in analogs are purged from your body they actually latch onto various minerals and vitamins. Nasty buggers aint they.

Kams Cats

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Something else to remember when cutting out the nicotine or quitting smoking. A lot of people find themselves with thyroid problems. There is a link and many Doctors think the nicotine helps mask some of the common symptoms of Hypothyroidism. I was feeling pretty droopy and I quit smoking a year ago. What happened? I got sicker. Had a mind crushing exhaustion and ache in every muscle in my body as well as a lot of other symptoms. When I finally got the energy up to go to the Doctor I was tested and found to be very Hypothyroid.

If the exhaustion continues it might not be a bad idea to get tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread