Expensive mods and cheap tanks, cheap mods and expensive tanks, cheap/cheap or money is no object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I just find it strange that when someone makes a post saying they only buy cheap stuff or clones, you dont get people that do the opposite, reply to said post with a song and dance, saying things against and sticking up and defending the more expensive stuff. But as soon someone makes a post saying they don't like clones or cheaper stuff, you all come out of the wood work replying to said post and gang up. Anyways my point is valid and true, let's just shake and get on[emoji3]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I dont take "sides" nor do I support division.
We are all vapers.
I do support truth, facts, and honesty.
I dont support sloppy businesses or hype.
I own many authentics and high end items.
Ill pay for quality if its actually there.
I will not overpay.
I encourage people to examine facts and to not generalize.
Nothing I have posted here is incorrect.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I think price points have changed over the time I've been vaping. There was a time when any mod under $40 was likely to be of limited quality and most good devices were made in the US, Europe and perhaps the Philippines.

Now, virtually any vaping style can be pulled off with a sub-$40 device. For the mech user, many good devices can be had for under $40, while the subohm fan can grab a Pico for $30 or less. For me, a formerly expensive mod, the durable ProVari 2.5, satisfies my lower wattage craving for about $30 nowadays.

As much as I thought the Golden Age of Vaping had passed, there are still bountiful choices at most any price point!

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I just find it strange that when someone makes a post saying they only buy cheap stuff or clones, you dont get people that do the opposite, reply to said post with a song and dance, saying things against and sticking up and defending the more expensive stuff. But as soon someone makes a post saying they don't like clones or cheaper stuff, you all come out of the wood work replying to said post and gang up. Anyways my point is valid and true, let's just shake and get on[emoji3]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
3 years ago, new to ECF, i had the audacity to say a Vamo V3 was superior to the Provari 2.5 mini. I was torched without mercy..

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
3 years ago, new to ECF, i had the audacity to say a Vamo V3 was superior to the Provari 2.5 mini. I was torched without mercy..

At least it wasn't pitchforks too. Wasn't that around the time a Provari 2.5 would have been ~$100? (sorry, I'm newer to vaping and going on hearsay of what I think I read on here at some point)

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
At least it wasn't pitchforks too. Wasn't that around the time a Provari 2.5 would have been ~$100? (sorry, I'm newer to vaping and going on hearsay of what I think I read on here at some point)
In defending myself,,vigorously,, i had posts deleted. Actually the Provari was $200 at the time.
Did buy a 30 dollar blem last summer. I Still prefer the Vamo..

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
In defending myself,,vigorously,, i had posts deleted. Actually the Provari was $200 at the time.
Did buy a 30 dollar blem last summer. I Still prefer the Vamo..

It was a running joke for a few years here. The provaritini crowd were vicious.

Same with REOnauts...until Rob started selling clone attys on the REO website.
Lol.

Again, each to their own.
I advise keeping ones eyes wide open.
;)
It's premier night here at for Attack of the Clones, but outside the ECF theater is the real show, The Return of the Dorks. :glare:

No face-palm emote, eh?
:facepalm:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
What I've noticed in the last couple of years is that many of the former clone manufacturers have become authentic manufacturers.
Yep.
And strangely their pricing didnt go up x 10.
Lol

And authentic modders have begun to drop prices in order to remain relevant in the marketplace.
Funny how that works.
:)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I still believe in terms of price/quality Vamo was a better choice. Of course today Vamo cannot compete with other mods, such as Pico.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
A few things make US labor more expensive. A big one is the insanely high cost of the medical system. If that can't be fixed US labor will keep getting more expensive. In the mean time the Chinese products I buy are excellent quality, especially the vaping stuff. I work in a shop that designs and builds industrial machines, mostly for automotive. We machine, weld, build, do the electrics and controls and programing and ship the finished machines, and lines of machines, all over the world. I would far rather be building the machines than operating them. We need to buy things from them so they have money to buy things from us. Trade, it's a good thing.
A lot of things make US labor high, not just healthcaree. As I pointed out we have Environmental Laws, Labor Laws, and we don't have Slave Labor Camps like the Lao Gai. This is the #1 reason why it's so cheap to produce goods in China.

Yes trade is good but things need to be on a level playing field.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
A lot of things make US labor high, not just healthcaree. As I pointed out we have Environmental Laws, Labor Laws, and we don't have Slave Labor Camps like the Lao Gai. This is the #1 reason why it's so cheap to produce goods in China.

Yes trade is good but things need to be on a level playing field.

Not a single mod on the market was made by Chinese slave labor.
You are making unsubstatiated claims that are entirely out of context.
"Lao Gai" refers to penal labor.
We absolutely have a penal labor system in the US, and have for as long as we have been a nation.

Here:
Penal labor in the United States - Wikipedia

Federal Prison Industries - Wikipedia

Especially in ultra liberal California:
California Prison Industry Authority - Wikipedia
They dont make mods either, btw.

The chinese slave labor is propaganda.
Industry is subsidized by the government to keep the machines rolling and paychecks flowing to the billions of families that live their.
Its a totally different economy.

The life and business isnt fair or equal worldwide, and never will be.
Thats reality, and isnt a valid excuse for inability to compete in the global marketplace.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I don't know - I thought this was an excellent exercise in thought by @BreSha6869 . Simple yet quite interesting (me).

What I don't understand is all the judgment passing that took hold. Who cares? Does anyone really care what I do? Because, I've got to be honest, I couldn't give a (X) what any of y'all do with your money. If what I do with mine concerns anyone, well...(sigh) - go on and have fun with that. :blink:

So, interesting thought, no? Expensive mods & cheap atties (and/or vice-versa)? :thumbs:

*runs up to you* *jump* HIGH FIVE IN DA AIR!!!! :thumbs:

I think (& this is just my observation) what went wrong in this thread (after having read all the posts) is someone is not quite understanding that quoting a post doesn't mean an attack on their opinion is eminent. If I responded to everyone who'se ever quoted me with the mindset that they're out to get me, I'd need some serious help.

Quoting a post is part of any forum etiquette which keeps the flow of conversation straight. It does not mean a post was selected for the purpose of attacking said poster & I so wish said poster would stop making this an attack issue.

It's clear we all have our personal preferences & from what I can tell, no one said anyone's preference was wrong!

#micdrop #exitlikeaboss
:banana:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I think (& this is just my observation) what went wrong in this thread (after having read all the posts) is someone is not quite understanding that quoting a post doesn't mean an attack on their opinion is eminent. If I responded to everyone who'se ever quoted me with the mindset that they're out to get me, I'd need some serious help.

Quoting a post is part of any forum etiquette which keeps the flow of conversation straight. It does not mean a post was selected for the purpose of attacking said poster & I so wish said poster would stop making this an attack issue.

It's clear we all have our personal preferences & from what I can tell, no one said anyone's preference was wrong!

#micdrop #exitlikeaboss

:D HIGH-FIVE RIGHT BACK AT YOU!!!!

I've missed you. WE have missed you. GREAT to see you, Lex, and I hope you are WELL.

:):):):):)

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK

#micdrop #exitlikeaboss

Spot. On.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
You're missing the point!
It has nothing to do with clones or authentic.
The point is that it never fails to get a rise out of purists. Which is just internet fun.

Little story:
Had a customer drop of his 308 Ferrari for some work. (absolutely the worse model Ferrari ever manufactured) Well, the "Breadvan" was still in the shop at the time. I laughed for a week over how this 308 owner turned his nose up saying "that's not a Ferrari" about a "modified" SWB that was known as the GTO killer. (the Breadvan was worth about 4 million at the time ... the 308, about 4 thousand)
Picture007-2.jpg
You get extra points and a raised beer for successfully using the Breadvan 250 in a conversation about mods!!
Excellent form.
:)
Hill-Phil_60_italy_01_bc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread