[Experiment] Vaping hookah molasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2014
Zvejniekciems, Latvia
So some people were interested in vaping molasses. Technically it is possible: both e-cigs and hookahs do not burn the stuff we put in them, they evaporate that. This means that smoking hookah is not smoking, it is vaping. A very old technique of vaping! But is it possible in reality to vape molasses? I tried! Here I present you my findings.

Molasses I have today is Tanya with mango flavour from Turkey. It is quite good, does not contain tobacco or nicotine and its base is glycerine we all know and love. Take a look at the packaging:

14857725820_4e6042c8ac_o.jpg

14857727780_c737f9a8f5_o.jpg

15021382946_67c0f72041_o.jpg

The package shows the list of ingredients. Note the glucose. I put a few drops of the liquid content of molasses into my Igo W RDA, single coil, 2.1 Ohms, wicked with rayon, and fired it at 11 Watts on my MVP (it is impossible to get 11 Watts from MVP with resistance lower than 1.5 Ohms btw):

15021382536_b1cb590749_o.jpg

Vapes like a boss! But only for 8-10 puffs. Then the glucose comes into play. You see, glucose is a type of sugars and when sugars touch something hot, they burn. Molasses do not touch anything hot in hookah, so sugars inside never burn, they evaporate as a part of glycerine and make a nice and sweet vape. But when you put them on the coil, they burn and burn fast. Let's take a look at my coil. See the coil? You probably don't, because it is so gunked up... After ten drags! Incredible!

So yes, you can vape molasses! But only if it does not contain any sugars in it. And I've never seen such molasses. Thanks for reading, but now I will leave to recoil my little Igo W. Have a nice day!

Auxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2014
Zvejniekciems, Latvia
I've always read that sugar gunks coils, but never actually seen it :thumb:. Before you replace those coils try heating them red hot and put them in running water. That just might blow the sugar off.
This coil was made out of 32g kanthal and was used for a week. I received 28g kanthal and wanted to try it. So I cooked old coil and threw it away without regrets.

Auxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2014
Zvejniekciems, Latvia
Good molasses is made using natural ingredients. And natural stuff like fruits and berries contain lots of sugars, which will gunk up your coil after just a few puffs. So you can't really use molasses in any way. Some companies make juices which resemble molasses flavour, but I never tried then and don't know how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread